PDA

View Full Version : A Call to North Carolina Shooters. Help?

Travis B
06-08-11, 16:59
I'm planning on building my next AR but I would love to shoot a couple different variations before making the jump. You don't want me spending a ton of money on something that doesn't work for me, do ya? I know this is a huge request, but I would really appreciate it if we could get together sometime and put a few rounds down range. I can pay for ammunition and beers afterwards :thumbs up:

Don't get me wrong, I've read hundreds of threads about which barrel length, gas system, etc etc but how many of you buy cars without test driving them first? I want to handle different variations to get a feel for what seems right. I used to have a 20" NM A2 so a M4 is going to be so different!

I would love to see how the SOPMOD stocks run compared to a ACS if possible.

Also, I have a KAC carbine rail (thanks, Belmont!) and I want to feel out a carbine length AR compared to a midlength to see if I'll be fine building up from the KAC URX (I have the parts, might as well use it!).

And looking through a Aimpoint would be amazing!

Again, I know it's a huge request, but I would love if I could meet up for some range time. I am between Winston Salem and Raleigh all the time, but I would travel if you could accommodate me.

M4Guru
06-08-11, 17:03
I have a lot of guns, and access to great ranges in the greater Bragg/SO Pines area.

Granted you called me a troll on another forum, said I was a paid employee of a shop that was getting bashed, and called some of my friends liars and cheats even though you don't know them...but I am still willing to help you out if possible.

shred4Him
06-08-11, 17:34
I have a lot of guns, and access to great ranges in the greater Bragg/SO Pines area.

Granted you called me a troll on another forum, said I was a paid employee of a shop that was getting bashed, and called some of my friends liars and cheats even though you don't know them...but I am still willing to help you out if possible.

We should get together some time. I am on the Carthage/Vass border. I have zero ARs currently, but I do have my M&P and tons of 9mm. I also can't recall ever calling you names... to your online face anyway:p

Travis B
06-08-11, 17:38
We should get together some time. I am on the Carthage/Vass border. I have zero ARs currently, but I do have my M&P and tons of 9mm. I also can't recall ever calling you names... to your online face anyway:p

M4C family shoot?

Shred, I have family in Vass. What a nice place.

M4Guru
06-08-11, 17:41

I'm at Trigger Time a LOT...too easy

shred4Him
06-08-11, 17:53
M4C family shoot?

Shred, I have family in Vass. What a nice place.

We like the school for the kids, but it is tiny and very sleepy. It is also easy access for the IT job I will be starting on Bragg in July.

shred4Him
06-08-11, 17:54
I'm at Trigger Time a LOT...too easy

Where is Trigger Time? I tend to shoot on properties owned by friends. Saves money.

Jsaleen
06-08-11, 17:59
I'm in Wilkesboro, and have most of the components you mentioned. If you have a good place to shoot i'm cool with this.

lethal dose
06-08-11, 18:06
I'm in upstate sc, but will travel for beverage... or free... seriously, I'd love to help.

lethal dose
06-08-11, 18:09
Also, I'll suggest to a mod that this thread be moved... it'll help.

wahoo95
06-08-11, 18:14
You should really come out to the next PHA match next weekend. There will be various types of AR's out there for you to checkout. Plus you are always welcome to try mine out. You will find that most folks there will let you try there's as well.

boomhower
06-08-11, 18:48
I like the idea of a get together. I'm in the Rockingham area but am a member of the Moore Country Conservation Club and shoot there, darn nice place. It's located kind of between Vass and Southern Pines, not far from Ed's.

RTA
06-08-11, 19:00
Just going to throw this out there in case anyone is unaware of the fantastic facilities at the Durham Pistol and Rifle Club. Don't worry, it isn't actually in Durham anymore.

Club Facilities

General Purpose range with 20 covered concrete benches and metal framed targets at 50 and 100 yards.
Pistol range with 40 covered firing positions and turning targets at 25 and 50 yards
Two pistol pits with moveable target frames up to 15 yards
Covered rifle range with 22 firing positions (6 on concrete) for targets at 100, 200 and 300 yards
Club house used for air rifle and club gatherings

www.dprc.org

(stolen from the website, but since I pay dues and I'm promoting the club I feel no shame)

It is a little ways outside of Mebane, NC.

12 bucks a month roughly, gated access, unlimited usage 7 days a week, and very few morons. Even the targets are free, although I usually bring my own because targets are expensive. You can also bring guests.

Travis B
06-08-11, 20:18
I like the idea of a get together. I'm in the Rockingham area but am a member of the Moore Country Conservation Club and shoot there, darn nice place. It's located kind of between Vass and Southern Pines, not far from Ed's.

Would they mind a group shoot this weekend? Say, Saturday morning? I'll bring my FAL if anyone wants to shoot a real rifle :lol:

Travis B
06-08-11, 20:20
Just going to throw this out there in case anyone is unaware of the fantastic facilities at the Durham Pistol and Rifle Club. Don't worry, it isn't actually in Durham anymore.

www.dprc.org

(stolen from the website, but since I pay dues and I'm promoting the club I feel no shame)

It is a little ways outside of Mebane, NC.

That's not too far from home. Thanks for the info!