PDA

View Full Version : Driving from Pa to Nashville with my ar questions

devildogljb
06-09-11, 05:11
So I'm heading to Nashville TN for a month to try and find a better job and a place. I know the laws are pretty much the same as here in pa so I wont need to modify my rifle. My question is am I going to have a problem going threw other states if for some reason me and the gf get pulled over. We will be drving the 14 hour trip non stop It will be in my range bag. A lock threw the magwell,9 30 round mags that will be empty, ammo that I do have in the back seat in a ammo can along with the mags,I also have horandy self defense ammo with the plastic tip 5.56(if that matters) and the rifle in the trunk. Am I good to go or am I going to have to worry about them possaibly taking my firearm or me ending up in jail for a assult rifle with "evil" features.

JeepDriver
06-09-11, 05:22
No, you are covered under FOPA, and the states you will be going through are all AR friendly.

devildogljb
06-10-11, 05:48
What is FOPA?

JeepDriver
06-10-11, 06:08
Firearm Owners Protection Act.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act

Look at the Safe Passage provision

Crow Hunter
06-12-11, 07:27
So I'm heading to Nashville TN for a month to try and find a better job and a place. I know the laws are pretty much the same as here in pa so I wont need to modify my rifle. My question is am I going to have a problem going threw other states if for some reason me and the gf get pulled over. We will be drving the 14 hour trip non stop It will be in my range bag. A lock threw the magwell,9 30 round mags that will be empty, ammo that I do have in the back seat in a ammo can along with the mags,I also have horandy self defense ammo with the plastic tip 5.56(if that matters) and the rifle in the trunk. Am I good to go or am I going to have to worry about them possaibly taking my firearm or me ending up in jail for a assult rifle with "evil" features.

Welcome to Tennessee! Always glad to have more gun owners moving in even if they are Yankees. :D

What kind of job are you looking for? Maybe some of our TN members can help you out. (My company is currently looking for a draftsman with 3D modeling experience) and my wife's company is looking for Electrial Design Engineer. (Designing Transformers)

Middle TN is the best place to live in TN. Lots to do and close to everything. East TN is next best, not as much industry but beautiful. West TN is the armpit of TN. Flat, swampy and full of stupid, ignorant LAZY people who are damn proud of it. (This includes the vast majority of my relatives):mad:

Good luck and let me know if I can help.

06-12-11, 12:47
East TN is beautiful; went to UT. Have to agree about west TN. Full of worthless people and hot as hell. Memphis and Trashville both suck. Country east of Knoxville is wonderful. As long as you are used to a more rural life. May eventually end up there.

devildogljb
06-13-11, 01:04
Yankee maybe but rebel by blood lol. Well right now the whole housing thing we had planned fell through because of problems with a relationship that we where going to stay with. Right now we (me the gf) are trying to find a place that will has 1 to 3 month lease just incase we can not find a job down there. But for places, all im finding in Nashville in my budget (500 to 650 a month) is places that im going to have to put on full combat gear with 100 rounds of 5.56 just to make it to the damn car. As for jobs im willing to do any thing. Most of my back ground is security, teaching firearm safety how to shoot etc, managing a deli. But i learn quickly and im willing to learn what i can. As for the gf she has degrees in the music industry so i dont think she will have a problem finding a job in nashville. Hence why we are moving there. Pa does not have any jobs for her degree's and i have nothing here since my mom passed last June. I really want to get out of here early july but by the looks of things its not going to be happening. So if any one has any suggestions please shoot me a private message or respond on here because now im getting desperate.