PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a quality stripped lower w/o a logo?

DiabhailGadhar
06-09-11, 08:43
Ok the cool part here is my wife wants her own rifle, which is great because since kindergarten I've hated sharing. The only problem being is that she has her own logo in mind and really doesn't care for the other ones that are available..is there any way to get a good lower without any MFR logo on it:confused:. Some what petty I know, but i'm not the boss I just work here..;)Please advise and thanks.

S/F,

Nick

eternal24k
06-09-11, 09:26
I have both Nodak Spud and Tactical Innovations and have been pleased with both.
Nodak is more traditional

amd5007
06-09-11, 14:03
The first idea that comes to mind are the McKay A2 lowers that NoDak Spud lists ( http://www.nodakspud.com/newstuff.htm ).

I bought two of them because they don't have symbols and they come with a Safe/Semi option. For $75 they are a good option and everything seems to be within spec. All the pin holes are the correct dimensions, and multiple uppers fit on each with little to no movement.

sgtjosh
06-10-11, 13:10
Ok the cool part here is my wife wants her own rifle, which is great because since kindergarten I've hated sharing. The only problem being is that she has her own logo in mind and really doesn't care for the other ones that are available..is there any way to get a good lower without any MFR logo on it:confused:. Some what petty I know, but i'm not the boss I just work here..;)Please advise and thanks.

S/F,

Nick

I got my lower from JD Machine Tech in San Diego. They will replace the company logo with a custom one. It cost me $139 (stripped.) I had my agency logo put on the lower instead.

DiabhailGadhar
06-10-11, 18:33
Well gentlemen I appreciate the input...but alas the wife has authorized the purchase of a colt 6920 after a week long argument ..thanks so much and if ever the argument comes up again I'll know where to go to get her silly idea put on metal....just not on the colt.:rolleyes:

Renegade
06-10-11, 18:50
but alas the wife has authorized the purchase of a colt 6920 after a week long argument

Sad, so sad.

06-10-11, 21:17
Smart wife. Now tell her you need a 6933.

DiabhailGadhar
06-10-11, 22:33
Shit it was hard enough trying to explain why you don't take an SR-15 and paint the controls pearl essence white....:bad:

BBJones13
06-12-11, 15:23
Tell her that is like getting a (coach, prada, guicci) purse and painting it in an acu pattern. Got to speak to them in their own language.

R1J1D
09-26-12, 10:37
LOL ...

reviving this thread because it's hilarious.
I was researching the Mckay lowers I may buy one used I like the smooth design.