PDA

View Full Version : FN PS90 triple rail model, Iron sight options

pm40
06-09-11, 13:56
I have a FN PS90 Triple rail model and would like to add iron sights in addition to a Aimpoint T1 red dot. I have been looking at the "Dueck Defense Rapid Transition Sight Set" and I'm not sure if there is enough rail space to add all three. These iron sights seem to be the same basic size as iron Ar sights from what I can tell looking at pics of them. They arent cheap so I didnt want to order a set until I'm sure they'd fight. Anyone have any experience with this combination?

Preach
06-11-11, 16:49
Personally, it doesn't seem that there is enough space in between sights to make them worth attaching them. Plus, wouldn't AR sights on your rail make your sight line seem too tall over the top of the rifle.

ShipWreck
06-12-11, 07:35
I don't think it is worth trying to squeeze iron sights onto the tri Rail. The USG model has built in backup sights. That's why it is advantageous to buy the PS90 with the factory sight, and then pull the sight off and install your own PS90.

I have two PS90s. The first one is 4.5 years old. And, I pulled the factory optic off and put my own rails on it... Hence, I essentially made my own trirail.

I had an MSAR rifle for a while. I had put magpul backup sights on the optic rail... One in front and one in back of the eotech. They worked "okay," but the MSAR rail was longer than that PS90 rail you have.

I really wouldn't bother trying to install that. Even if you could manage to fit everything, there will be so little space between the 2 back up sights that they will not be of much use. And, honestly, it won't look very good.

Another option might be to throw a small optic like an XPS EOtech, and then put a lasermax laser on the rail in front of the EOtech. Both are small enough that you can fit both.

That's what I did:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/Ps90-701.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/100round-ps90.jpg