PDA

View Full Version : Updated S&B 1-4x24 Zenith Short Dot LE *Added Review*

bp7178
06-09-11, 19:05
I got an email reply from Mark at S&B today. I had been asking about the 1-8x and the rumor that the Zenith SD LE could be had with a P3 reticle.

As it turns out, there have been some changes made to the Zenith SD LE. It appears to have been shortened, and the turrent box is just about halfway forward from the occular end.

Now you can get it with the FD2, FD7 and P3 mil-dot reticle. The P3 addresses the one want/need I had, some type of drop/ranging stadia.

Also only the elevation and illumination turrets are locking. I can't see dialing wind with a 4x scope, so this works out.

Of course, the new(er) Zenith SD LE is not in stock, and 12-14 weeks out.

I was wondering if anyone had the updated version, if there was any insight you can offer. It looks like this is going to be my next scope.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/roguedemon/Data11_4x24ZenithSDLEpdf-AdobeReader.jpg

Mark attatched the letter they received from Germany regarding the 1-8s. Bascially, its at the upper end of workable technology, and they aren't satisfied with it. The factory hasn't commited to a time frame, October was just another rumor. So the 1-8x may be quite a way away.

Singlestack Wonder
06-09-11, 20:54
Thanks for the update!

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-09-11, 21:35
Nice to see at least one outfit not willing to blow their reputation to push a product out the door.

bp7178
06-09-11, 22:48
I was bummed about it, but good for them.

*Cough* Leupold Mark 8 *Cough*

But, I'm really excited about the changes to the Zenith SD LE. For what I want to do, I was going to by the 1-8x for its other features, the extra magnification was just icing. But, before I had heard about the changes, the exit pupil of the 1-8x had me thinking.

Belmont31R
06-09-11, 22:54
I can't see dialing wind with a 4x scope, so this works out.

Exactly how are you shooting, then?

When I still owned a Short-Dot the windage got used just as much as the elevation.

Also what are the clicks calculated in? One my complaints with the PM Short-Dot is MOA based turrets. Any new scope I buy will have the turrets matching the reticle. No sense in MOA turrets with a mil reticle.

bp7178
06-10-11, 00:52
The spec sheet says the clicks are 1/2 MOA. The 1-8x's are using 1/2 MOA clicks as well.

While this would be something I would like to see, mil reticle & mil clicks, this was minor to me compared with the other features.

How are you shooting? Do you dial wind every time with a 4x scope? Are you counting clicks or using the cam/distance subtentions on the elevation knob? Or are you just adjusting your zero that much?

I came across a rather lengthy article about dialing elevation and holding wind. This was based around a standard mil-dot reticle. If I can find it again I'll link it. But, I'm not making 1000 yard shots either. YMMV.

I would imagine the 75gr TAP cam should get me pretty close with 77gr SMKs, if not then the 75gr Hornady ASYM loads. IIRC, the older Zenith SD LE didn't have the 75gr cam as an option.

RyanB
06-10-11, 01:03
I won't buy one til I can get one in mil to match every other scope myself and my shooting partners use.

bp7178
11-08-11, 01:22
I also added this information to the Short Dot sticky thread.

Just received my Schmidt & Bender today. I purchased the 1.1-4x24 Short Dot LE with a P3 (mil-dot) reticle.

At some point S&B revised the design of the Short Dot LE. The newest versions are shorter, about 10" overall. This makes the form factor just like the Short Dot Gen II. The new data sheet I got from S&B says the FD2, FD7 and P3 reticles can be had. They are all installed in the second focal plane.

The reticle doesn't change size as magnification changes. This gives you an approx 5.5 MOA dot on 1x, about 1.5 MOA on 4x. Of course, the tradeoff is the mil-dots aren't accurate for ranging on any other magnification other than 4x. With how fine the CQB reticle is on the regular Short Dot on 1x, I don't think this is an issue. Its hard to range on 4x, next to impossible on 1x. For any shooting you would be doing past 200-300 yards where drop needs to be factored, you would more than likely be on 4x anyway. If not, you can dial the elevation into the turret or approximate a holdover with the dot/reticle as you would with an Aimpoint.

The S&B german site lists the current specs, but says the only reticle is the CQB. The P3's bold lines are very easy to pick up. From the center, you have four dots spaced in the typical fashion then the lines go bold.

The flashdot is typical of S&B. Daylight bright on the high end, night vision compatible on the low.

Before anyone asks, there is NO blue tint to the glass.

Reticle pics will follow when I get to the range...

Pictures were taken with an iPhone 4. All of my money was spent on this thing, nothing left over for a fancy digital camera. So forgive me if they are slightly off.

Unboxing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/roguedemon/IMG_0656.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/roguedemon/IMG_0657.jpg

Yeah. A riflescope which retails for $2,699.00, and who's pricing is agressivley controlled by S&B, is shipped in cardboard. I will say the packaging of the Trijicon TR24 blows this away. Just a note, not a gripe. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/roguedemon/IMG_0660.jpg

What you get...a manual and a warranty card, product survey form, and bikini scope covers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/roguedemon/IMG_0661.jpg

Notice the posistion of the erector assembly relative to the length of the tube forward of it. About an inch and a half shorter than the previous version.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/roguedemon/IMG_0669.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/roguedemon/IMG_0663.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/roguedemon/IMG_0666.jpg

When you remove the windage cap, this is what you get. A compartment for a spare battery, and a view of the Posicon turret. The Posicon shows a representation of where the reticle is within its adjustment range. So this means if you want to dial wind, you have to take the windage cap off and try not to loose it. Of course, with a mil-dot reticle, you can just hold for wind and dial elevation.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/roguedemon/IMG_0668.jpg

View under the battery on the brightness adjustment knob. No rubber washers added. ;) Yes that was a shot at SWFA.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/roguedemon/IMG_0670.jpg

This is what the elevation turret looks like disassembled. Mine was ordered with the 75gr Hornady cam. What is odd is that the manual doesn't state at what range the optics needs to be zeroed at for the range marks to be accurate. Of course the clicks are 1/2 MOA. I would have rathered .1 MIL, but not a deal breaker.

The cap has a nice slot for a coin to unscrew it. Now wanting to mar it up to all hell, which is what will happen if you use a nickel, I've found the rim of a dummy round works great.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/roguedemon/IMG_0671.jpg

Here you can see the turret markings with the referenced ammunition. I had just received a case of TAP T2 last week. Perfect timing. On a side note, the TAP T2 is amazing stuff. Surprisingly uniform.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/roguedemon/IMG_0672.jpg

Without the optic mounted, my rifle weighs 8lbs on the money. Not a lightweight build, but it was never intended to be. Stripped of the Scout light, Larue FUG and rail covers, the rifle is 7.2lbs.

With the S&B mounted in a Larue SPR, its rocking at 9.6lbs. The Short Dot LE is a damn tank. If you want light, get a T-1.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/roguedemon/IMG_0678.jpg

With the bi-pod, its at 10.4lbs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/roguedemon/IMG_0683.jpg

Should be out to the range tomorrow, more pics will follow...

Tuukka
11-09-11, 04:18
I have been using the Short Dot 1.1-4x LE for a few years now, both at work testing suppressors and in competition use.

It is actually probably one of the first scopes out, as it is marked Zenith but has the SD BDC turret, with the original longer body.

The scope has the FD 7 reticle and a .308 BDC ( works fine with .223 just need to know your adjustments, ie. my .233 cal 300 m zero is 250 m for the .308 )

It has been great overall. The dot being in the second plane can be used out to longer distances and overall it is an excellent scope for varying distances.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/S_B_Short_Dot_II.JPG

bp7178
11-09-11, 11:00
Did yours come with 3 ballistic turrets? I thought that was how they shipped them, but I only got the 75gr cam.

I have two minor gripes. I wish the 6 setting on the dot brightness was brighter. 5 and 6 look just about the same, and there is a huge jump to 7. The 7 setting is suppose to be the first daylight setting. For night use I always kept my RDS bright enough so when I activated a white light, the dot didn't wash out. The 7 setting setting seems perfect for this. But I find myself wanting the dot brightness a bit brighter on the 6 setting.

S&B went through the trouble of beautifully laser etching all of the turret markings and lettering on the scope. Except for the circle dot logo on the windage cap. Its just silk screened/painted on.

Not deal breakers, but at this price point, i'll nit pick.

I actually moved it back a little bit in the mount from where it was when that picture was taken, just to sharpen up the edges of the image when standing.

Tuukka
11-09-11, 12:04
Our scope came/was ordered with only one BDC cam.

I think youŽll be fine if those are the biggest gripes :)

The above scope has been banged up and its nicks, but the dot logo is still there..

That Guy v2.0
11-22-11, 10:15
I'm brand new to the variable optics game and I'm considering this optic in addition to the S&B 1-8 when available. With this 1-4 optic what would be the limits for precision fire? I would be shooting 75gr out of a 16in barrel if that helps.

Ideally I would like to get out to 6-700m but I'm thinking this will not be enough magnification.

bp7178
11-22-11, 11:37
Higher magnification optics make trade offs for that magnification. Size, weight, smaller exit pupil/eye box etc. Higher magnification optics don't help you shoot better, they help you see better.

You have to balance what you will realistically use the rifle for.

I think for 6-700m you'd be better off with a .308. What kind of minimum distances are you looking at? Are you going to want to take any classes with the rifle? Most of those operate within 50 yards.

I have to drive a long way to find a range past 100 yards.

All that being said, for that kind of distance and if you were married to the .223 platform, take a look at the Nightforce 2.5-10x. You can run an offset RDS for up close.

The S&B 1-8x looks like its going to be a nice product if/when it is released.

That Guy v2.0
11-23-11, 03:11
My intent is for this rifle to be a general purpose go anywhere do anything type. With a variable 1-4 or 1-8 I could get out to 6-700 or dial it back to 1 and do close in work. Daylight illum on the red dot is a must.

I know that this will never beat a rifle that has a more dedicated setup like an SPR with a 2.5-10 or a 10.5in rifle with a T-1. But this is the trade off I'm willing to make.

When I get back to the states I was planning to do a couple of rifle courses. One would be a traditional carbine course probably going no more than 200m out. The second would be the SPR course by Central Cascade Precision/Magpul Dynamics. The course req. as stated by the instructor are 16in rifle shooting a 68-77gr projectile and a minimum 4x fixed or a 1-5x. Engagement ranges would be 1-600 m. But looking at reviews of the course they shot a little over 7. Locally on my own I could get to 300 or a little more.

In talking with the instructor by email he recommended the Leopold 1-8. This is way beyond what I would pay for an optic though. The S&B 1-4 or 1-8 at the current price point is as high as I'm willing to go.

This would be my first formal training and shooting with variable power optics so I'm very new to this.

I think what I'm trying to understand is if 4x would be enough to accurately PID, range with mils and then engage a man size target at those ranges. :confused:

Thanks BP

bp7178
11-23-11, 10:32
I think it would be pretty hard to range on 4x at 600m. Can it be done? Sure, provided the user is skilled at doing so.

If you are active duty mil/LE, go to www.promotive.com and register for an account and join the mil/LE group. If you use your official mil/le email address I suspect the process is quicker. This will get you the proffessional discount on Leupold scopes. MUCH cheaper than the $4k retail.

If and when the S&B 1-8x is released it should have a very good price point, if that doesn't change.

snakedoctor
11-23-11, 11:14
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6115/6356356449_136e73f6dc_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/57942327@N05/6356356449/)

I too noticed the dot brightness between 6 and 7 is a big jump. I guess 7 will be the standard setting unless shooting in very low light conditions. I threw a "Cat Tail" speed adjustment lever on mine and mounted it in a LaRue SPR-E mount. If I had to do it over I'd probably buy 2 Nightforce 1-4X scopes instead, but I really do like this optic. I just wish it wasn't so damn expensive.

bp7178
11-23-11, 14:27
I was always taught when using a RDS at night to have the brightness set so when you activated a white light, you can still see the dot. Such a setting is typically brighter than one would normally select for night use. To that end, the 7 setting works out good with my Surefire Scout.

I actually found a problem with my Short Dot LE. I had since contacted S&B, and sent the scope into them. I found what looks like five little defects in the coating of the lens just forward of the occular lens. They look like dirt/dust trapped under the lens coating. I took a picture of it, I'll post it later.

For the money paid, it's entirely unacceptable. So now the scope is on the way back, and we'll see what happens. To say I'm a little disappointed is an understatement.

There is a sliding scale as to value with these things. As you go up in price the gains in features get smaller and smaller. I think one of the things that keep S&B's prices high is a limited production capacity. It's not like they are using some space age materials. Less the lens coating problem, it's easily the highest quality scope I've ever used. I'm sure even Ferrari has production issues from time to time, but we'll see how S&B handles this.

SkiDevil
11-23-11, 17:56
Please keep us posted.

I would like to know how they handle your issue as well.

After reading about all of the scopes suitable for an AR/ M4 type rifle, I have decided to go with the Short-Dot.

I was initially considering the NightForce 1-4 NXS but after using one and looking at a few other samples I believe that the S&B Short-Dot 1-4 would be the best choice for a general purpose optic on a 16" Match barreled AR. My set-up is almost identical to yours.

Any advice regarding the selection of the specific model? I have read several reviews as well as the stickied 1-4 thread here.

I am considering the latest model like yours, but with the FD-7 reticle.

SnakeDoc, if you care to share any thoughts that would be great. Purchasing this scope will be a major expense for me as well. But, I have grown tired of waiting for what may be coming-out to the market soon or next year.:secret:

Thanks in advance
SkiDevil

bp7178
11-23-11, 19:10
If you want one of the newer versions of the 1.1-4x24 Short Dots, be prepared to wait. I ordered it in June and got it in November. The older ones have a slightly longer tube forward of the turrets and are marked 1.1-4x24 Zenith, and come with the FD7 or FD2 reticles. The new(er) generation are marked 1.4-4x24 Short Dot LE, and can be had with the P3.

I like 2nd focal optics in this low of a power. For something like a 2.5-10x, if S&B made one, would be great in 1st focal with a flashdot.

I like the P3 over the FD7 as they have, an albeit limited, ability to range and holdover/off etc. The mil part of the reticle is pretty fine at 4x, which is good for precision shooting. The bold parts of the reticle give you a nice bracket to place a target in should the dot be off and you're up close.

I'll see what S&B does. I've heard of them sending you a scope to use while yours is being serviced, but we shall see...

Belmont31R
11-23-11, 19:17
There is a sliding scale as to value with these things. As you go up in price the gains in features get smaller and smaller. I think one of the things that keep S&B's prices high is a limited production capacity. It's not like they are using some space age materials. Less the lens coating problem, it's easily the highest quality scope I've ever used. I'm sure even Ferrari has production issues from time to time, but we'll see how S&B handles this.

The Short-Dot has been out for years, and is still easily one of the best low power variables on the market for this kind of use.

Sorry to hear you had an issue. Ive owned 3 SB's and they were all perfect right out of the box. I have no doubt SB USA will take care of you. When I was buying my second Short-Dot the CEO of SB USA personally took care of my order.

As to their production numbers check out the factory on google maps. Its tiny, and they have a huge demand. Many European military and police units use them, USMC, civilian shooters, ect. They are also one of the few optiks manufacturers who grind their own glass in house.

bp7178
11-23-11, 20:21
They are also one of the few optiks manufacturers who grind their own glass in house.

IIRC, Schmidt & Bender Hungaria makes the glass. You don't see any other optic compaines in the world owning their own glass production/coating facilities.

S&B scopes are very expensive, but have a specific combination of features you can't find elsewhere without making compromises. Such is life.

I actually worked in a production lab for eyeglasses in my youth. I know firsthand how easy it is to foul a lens with dirt when its coated. One spec of dust once coated ruins a lens. Lens blanks when coated are say 80mm. If there is a defect close to the edge, many times you run the gamble that when edged down to fit whatever application, the defect would have been ground off as well.

All of the specs in my scope, five if you really look for them, are very close to the edge. I wonder if they were hoping to have it edged off but just missed it in QC.

The anti-reflective coating S&B uses are amazing. The equipment involved in AR coating are incredibly expensive. I'm sure some of this factors into their cost, but I think their low production numbers keep the prices high.

Like I said before, the overall quality of the thing is amazing. I just don't like having to wait almost six months after ordering it and having to send it in.

I had a couple of instances when turning the dot to 11 sometimes it would light up really bright, like it should. Sometimes it would light up dim, then spontaneously become brighter, sometimes the opposite. No set pattern to it. I tried tightining the battery cap, replacing the batteries etc, to no avail. As soon as I took it out of the mount to send it in, over the next few days until I made it to UPS, I never could get the dot to act up again.

I was thinking maybe (somehow) it was somehow related to the mount, but its a Larue SPR and there isn't even a ring mark on the scope after I took it off, so it wasn't a torque thing. Who knows.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/roguedemon/photo-1.jpg

The light I used to take the picture make the spots look like white circles. They track with the diopter ring when you turn it.

Despite the spots, you can see how nice the anti-reflective lens coating is, considering it was illuminated by a 200 lumen Surefire Scout at the time the picture was taken...

Belmont31R
11-23-11, 20:42
I can understand the disappointment but Im sure they'll get you a replacement much quicker than your initial wait.

Interesting about the illumination, too. All 3 of mine were in LT mounts and had no issues with that. FWIW I use Duracell Medical Grade CR2032's. Its my understanding they go through a couple more QC checks, and at WalGreens they were marginally more expensive than regular 2032's.

RE the number 7 setting Ive lamented in other threads how I wish there was another "day light" setting between 6 and 7. They could use a setting where there is no bloom at night. For me, on 7, during darkness I would get a slight bloom, and the dot wasn't all that crisp. Go down one and you can barely see the dot. One more step would make the dot crisp, no bloom, and be able to be used at night.

bp7178
11-23-11, 21:01
I agree about the 6 and 7 thing. A setting between the two would be great for low light use where you wouldn't be using a white light.

Good tip on the batteries. I'll pick some up from the local Walgreens.

Nick S
11-26-11, 16:31
looking forward to reticle pics.

thanks

nick

bp7178
11-26-11, 23:02
As soon as I get it back I will. ;)

bp7178
01-21-12, 17:04
I just wanted to update the thread.

I got the scope back and all is well...with the scope anyway. I'm a little disapointed with the service. Don't get me wrong, S&B quickly repaired the scope and got it back to me. After they make repairs they send you a tech sheet listing what they did. I had a dot flickering issue, and the illumination circuit board was replaced. As far the specs on the lens, it appears that it was just dirt or grit inside of the tube. All is well and in perfect condition.

When I sent the scope in, I sent it in its original box which has the same serial number marked on it as the scope. I also sent in the instruction manual, scope lens covers, and all of the paperwork. I got NONE of this stuff back.

You kind of expect when you send your Ferrari for service you get the floormats back with the car.

The scope has no real equal on the market. But i'm to the point that i've been so soured by my experiance i'm really thinking about selling it.

Alaskapopo
01-21-12, 17:59
I just wanted to update the thread.

I got the scope back and all is well...with the scope anyway. I'm a little disapointed with the service. Don't get me wrong, S&B quickly repaired the scope and got it back to me. After they make repairs they send you a tech sheet listing what they did. I had a dot flickering issue, and the illumination circuit board was replaced. As far the specs on the lens, it appears that it was just dirt or grit inside of the tube. All is well and in perfect condition.

When I sent the scope in, I sent it in its original box which has the same serial number marked on it as the scope. I also sent in the instruction manual, scope lens covers, and all of the paperwork. I got NONE of this stuff back.

You kind of expect when you send your Ferrari for service you get the floormats back with the car.

The scope has no real equal on the market. But i'm to the point that i've been so soured by my experiance i'm really thinking about selling it.

Most companies tell you to send in just the item needing repair no misc shit to go with it, that stuff gets losts. However give them a call I bet they will make it right.
Pat

bp7178
01-21-12, 18:09
Most companies tell you to send in just the item needing repair no misc shit to go with it, that stuff gets losts. However give them a call I bet they will make it right.
Pat

At this point, I could care a less if they make it right. IMO, they've dropped the ball, stepped on it and let all the air out. At a $2700 price point, there's no excuse.

I had a problem with a Vltor VIS upper and sent them an email. They actually called me and offered to send me a shipping label to send it in. THAT is service.

Alaskapopo
01-21-12, 18:19
At this point, I could care a less if they make it right. IMO, they've dropped the ball, stepped on it and let all the air out. At a $2700 price point, there's no excuse.

I had a problem with a Vltor VIS upper and sent them an email. They actually called me and offered to send me a shipping label to send it in. THAT is service.

I have no dog in this fight but purchase price has nothing to do with rather they sent you back your box and paper work. That was a simple human error mistake. Basically stuff happens not a big deal. The service from Vltor is top notch. But that is a high standard to hold every company too. Just give them a call give them a chance to make it right. If you want I can share with you a lot of examples of really bad service I have had over the years. But that would waste of a lot of bandwidth. Basically saying don't worry about the small stuff. Life is too short.
Pat

Belmont31R
01-21-12, 18:53

Why would you send the manual back? Im pretty sure they have them there.

bp7178
01-21-12, 19:13
Why would you send the manual back? Im pretty sure they have them there.

If they have manuals there why didn't they send mine back? :confused:

I didn't know if they were going to repair or replace it. If the latter ended up being the case, they had everything I received with it. When you return an item, i've always included all of the packaging, manuals etc.

You wouldn't buy a TV, return it and keep the manual and the power cord.

Its not like I sent it in a Larue mount with a cat tail and didn't get that stuff back, or some aftermarket scope covers. They got it exactly as it was packaged new. There is no reason to expect this stuff wouldn't be sent back. Or even in the same box I sent it in...its serial numbered...

I don't know if you've ever done technical service work, but its pretty standard to return stuff to the customer exactly like you received it, only fixed. If anything, it would be returned in better condition.

At that price point, I don't think I'm asking too much. If this was a $700 SWFA scope or a TR24, I wouldn't really be upset.

They've had chances to "make it right", and this last thing isn't that big of a deal, just surprising for a small company charging what they do. I had a much higher expectation given their reputation.

Again, the product is without equal. Its the backend stuff thats disappointing.

Belmont31R
01-21-12, 19:30
If they have manuals there why didn't they send mine back? :confused:

I didn't know if they were going to repair or replace it. If the latter ended up being the case, they had everything I received with it. When you return an item, i've always included all of the packaging, manuals etc.

You wouldn't buy a TV, return it and keep the manual and the power cord.

Its not like I sent it in a Larue mount with a cat tail and didn't get that stuff back, or some aftermarket scope covers. They got it exactly as it was packaged new. There is no reason to expect this stuff wouldn't be sent back. Or even in the same box I sent it in...its serial numbered...

I don't know if you've ever done technical service work, but its pretty standard to return stuff to the customer exactly like you received it, only fixed. If anything, it would be returned in better condition.

At that price point, I don't think I'm asking too much. If this was a $700 SWFA scope or a TR24, I wouldn't really be upset.

They've had chances to "make it right", and this last thing isn't that big of a deal, just surprising for a small company charging what they do. I had a much higher expectation given their reputation.

Again, the product is without equal. Its the backend stuff thats disappointing.

Even though its an expensive scope its not a 300k Ferrari. Shit happens, and with my dealings with SB USA they have been nothing but helpful and kind. Im sure a call to them will get you the missing items pretty quick. Its not something I would really go online about and then say I want to sell the scope. They fixed it correct? So call them and ask for the missing stuff then you're all kosher again and should be enjoying a very nice piece of equipment.

If you're so upset over some missing scope caps and a manual then I doubt ANY company would be able to please you. Did you contact them? What did they say? As Alaska said its generally not advisable to send misc extras back with the main product for warranty work. Im not blaming you for the missing stuff just saying that when you send all that stuff, too, there is a chance for it to be lost in the process. They should make sure you get everything back...but that takes calling them. If they told you to F.O. then you would have a right to be upset. Even then I would not consider selling the scope. I have owned 3 SB's and dealt with SB USA (their ceo took care of me), EuroOptics, and I doubt this is normal or something that you should be considering selling the scope...:confused:

bp7178
01-21-12, 22:00
My point was that my expectations were higher given their reputation.

I have contacted them, but I don't expect to hear anything back until next week.

I'm sure they will take care of it.

I've had to return other stuff before, and I've had better experiences in doing so. So your statement how no company could ever make me happy really doesn't hold water. Vltor is one example. My experiances with DD have been great as well.

It isn't the one thing, it's the sum of all the things.

That being said, I don't see any need to continue the conversation.

ronin16
01-22-12, 01:04
I have nothing but praise for their customer service. Short version of the story, I was at a class and didn't know whether my S&B 4-16 was not holding zero or whether it was my "CUSTOM" rifle. Sent both the rifle back to the custom builder and the scope back to New Hampshire.

The people at S&B kept me in the loop regarding the service and that scope had to get sent to Germany. I asked if they could loan me a scope in the mean time. Three days later at my door, UPS shows up with a brand new 3-12 scope with brand new Badger rings to use until scope gets back in country. Now that's customer service. They even sent a new cleaning kit with my scope when they returned it.

Sorry to hear about you not getting your stuff returned . Give them a chance to make it right . You won't be disappointed. You can even download a copy of the manual online as well if that helps.

Nick S
01-22-12, 21:24
Still looking forward to those reticle pics if you get a second.

Thanks

Nick

bp7178
01-22-12, 22:58
Well, I only have a iPhone 4G, and its camera won't focus on the reticle. The pictures kind of misrepresent the size of the reticle.

I'm working on it though.

Nick S
01-22-12, 23:33
Thanks

Ive got at SD LE with the FD7 reticle. SB told me they can switch out the reticle for 350.00. Im on the fence as I may just sell mine and order a new one.

Sorry you had some issues. I have had nothing but great experiences dealing with CS. Hopefully this was an isolated incident.

Enjoy your new scope!

Take care.

bp7178
01-22-12, 23:40
Does your scope have the shorter or longer tube?

Someone mentioned in another thread that the prices of all the PM scopes went up...so that's something to consider.

Nick S
01-22-12, 23:41
longer tube model.