PDA

View Full Version : Pros/Cons to Trijicon HD with Yellow or Orange front sight?

mat10x
06-09-11, 22:39
hey guys,

tried the search function but didn't see an answer to this. actually saw someone else had asked the same thing, but no reply.

was thinking of getting a set of the Trijicon HDs for a G17. any pros/cons with either the Yellow or Orange front sight color? i'm thinking that the yellow, being brighter, would be faster to pick up than the darker orange.

thx.

El Cid
06-10-11, 09:58
Does Trijicon list the brightness of each color? Back in the 90's when IWI was on the scene, I had a few pistols set up with green front, orange rear. The idea was to not confuse 3 greens in dark conditions. The green was noticeably brighter, but they were probably set up that way.

If you want/need a brighter front sight, I'd recommend calling Trijicon to see if they are actually brighter or just a different color. FWIW I'm transitioning to gold/brass beads for pistols that carry a white light. I find it easier to see under most conditions.

ETA: Just saw the "HD" Trijicons at DSG Arms site and realized you are talking about the outline around the tritium tube - not the color of the tritium. In this case, it will be purely personal preference. I suspect white will be easier and quicker to catch, but what works for me may not be the same for others.