PDA

View Full Version : Redi Mag bolt catch extension

Nobody_Special
06-10-11, 12:26
Is anyone using these (http://www.redi-mag.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=12) anymore.

I had an issue with my BAD lever recently and think I might try one. All the results from a search are over a year old so I'm just curious if how well they work or are they an outdated product. Thanks.

Jay Cunningham
06-10-11, 12:38
I've found that the so-called Comp model is much more user-friendly, at least for me.

Nobody_Special
06-10-11, 15:16
I've found that the so-called Comp model is much more user-friendly, at least for me.

Any issues with failures to lock the bolt back on an empty mag? Thanks

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk

Jay Cunningham
06-29-11, 20:08
None for me.

spdldr
07-01-11, 18:08
Hello,

I have some weights for you that may help.

Polymer MK I, 5.2 grams This works only with the MK I models.

BCE II, 5.6 grams

BCE Comp , 6 grams

First model BAD , 7 grams

Second model BAD, 7.3 grams They may have had trouble with the first model bending.

My goal in designing these things was to make them as light as possible without sacrificing durability or security. So far we have had no reports of the Comp model not locking back.

Nobody_Special
07-01-11, 19:23
Thanks for the replies. I got the comp model a couple weeks ago and I like it. It's not as fast as a BAD lever but I'm getting pretty good at it and even found a way to manually lock the bolt back with my right hand. I'm probably not the first to do this but I slide my strong hand forward and reach under the trigger guard, and I can press the bolt catch with my middle finger and pull the charging handle with my support hand. I haven't run it hard yet but at the range last week I only put 5-10 rounds in my mags so I could do a lot of reloads and I didn't have a problem. Thanks again.

Jay Cunningham
07-02-11, 22:35
Hello,

I have some weights for you that may help.

Polymer MK I, 5.2 grams This works only with the MK I models.

BCE II, 5.6 grams

BCE Comp , 6 grams

First model BAD , 7 grams

Second model BAD, 7.3 grams They may have had trouble with the first model bending.

My goal in designing these things was to make them as light as possible without sacrificing durability or security. So far we have had no reports of the Comp model not locking back.

Dave,

What's the reason the BCG lockback device is no longer listed as available? I use mine in conjunction with the Comp bolt catch and Redi-Mod and it works great.

Dozer
07-03-11, 08:01

That is incorrect. There were no bending issues with the first model.

spdldr
07-03-11, 10:57
Jay,

The timing of the Redi-Catch was very poor, coming out after the BAD. Also we misjudged the market in that we figured that most folks were interested mainly in being able to lock back the bolt quickly. Turned out that most wanted to drop the bolt faster. Sales were very poor, and it was hard to justify making more since we had to make a minimum number at a time and they sold very slowly.

Jimmy,

I was going by the thickness of the upper part of the BAD. The early ones were thinner at the top portion.

Dozer
07-03-11, 11:43

Jimmy,

I was going by the thickness of the upper part of the BAD. The early ones were thinner at the top portion.

I am very aware of what area you are referring to. We have never received any complaints about the first model of the BAD lever bending.

Jay Cunningham
07-04-11, 17:53
Glad I grabbed one when I did!

J

Jay,

The timing of the Redi-Catch was very poor, coming out after the BAD. Also we misjudged the market in that we figured that most folks were interested mainly in being able to lock back the bolt quickly. Turned out that most wanted to drop the bolt faster. Sales were very poor, and it was hard to justify making more since we had to make a minimum number at a time and they sold very slowly.

Jimmy,

Nobody_Special
07-04-11, 18:28
If there are any left over I'll buy one.