PDA

View Full Version : NV honors CCW permit from...

Quiet
06-10-11, 21:42
Back in May 2011, the NVSCA held their annual meeting in which they determine and decide which states' CCW permits NV will honor.

NVSCA has yet to make an official announcement, but a NV news agency is now reporting what NVSCA decided.

States that NV will honor on 07-01-2011: (new states in red)
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Michigan
Missouri
Nebraska
New Mexico
North Carolina
Ohio
Rhode Island
Tennessee
West Virginia

CRAMBONE
06-11-11, 04:45
I see my home state is not on the list. My question is, how do the different states determine whose CCP they will honor and what state's they will not honor. I looked on a website (cant remeber the name) and noticed that Mississippi honors some state's that don't honor MS's and vice versa. I know to get a permit in MS all you really have to do is pay your money and pass the background check, is that what they look at?

randolph
06-11-11, 06:07
interesting Texas isnt there. Do you know why ?
how strenuous is the NV lic. ?

Quiet
06-11-11, 19:56
Per NV law [NRS 202.3689], in order for another state to be honored by NV, that state needs to meet certain requirements.
1. The other state's CCW training and issuance needs to be similar to or more strigent than NV's CCW training and issuance.
2. The other state needs to have a database of their CCW permit holders.
3. NV LEOs needs to have 24/7 access to that state's CCW permit holder database.

AFAIK...

In regards to MS...
MS does not meet NV's training & issuance requirements.
MS does not meet NV's 24/7 access to MS CCW permit holder database.

In regards to TX...
TX does not meet NV's 24/7 access to TX CCW permit holder database.

Quiet
06-11-11, 20:05
NV does issue non-resident CCW permits.

Because you will need to take an approved CCW training course in NV and you will need to turn in your CCW application in person, it typically takes two days to go through a CCW course and turn in your CCW application (also get photographed & fingerprinted).

NV CCW training requires live-fire qualification, so you will need to a semi-auto pistol and/or a revolver with you or make arraingments to rent some handguns.
Currently...
Revolvers are considered a category. So, qualify with one and you can carry any.
Semi-auto pistols are individually listed*. So, you have to qualify with each make/model/caliber you want listed on your permit.

*Legislation has been passed that will change this.
*Effective 10-01-2011, semi-auto pistols will be a category (qualify with one and can carry any).
*There is also legislation pending (governor's signature) that may move up the effective date to 07-01-2011.

randolph
06-11-11, 20:47
thanks for the info.
recipical or not, Im glad to see states issueing CHL's...

Iraqgunz
06-12-11, 02:46
It's funny that they added Arizona considering we have constitutional carry and the qualification is actually not like NV's. I know because I have AZ, NV and UT.

My AZ course was just over 2 years ago. IIRC it was nothing more than a fam fire with any pistol you bring. There is no need to qualify with different types or calibers. You can carry an auto, revolver or an AR pistol if you want.

MookNW
06-12-11, 02:53
Semi-auto pistols are individually listed*. So, you have to qualify with each make/model/caliber you want listed on your permit.

*Legislation has been passed that will change this.
*Effective 10-01-2011, semi-auto pistols will be a category (qualify with one and can carry any).
*There is also legislation pending (governor's signature) that may move up the effective date to 07-01-2011.

Thanks for the info. I hope this passes, as I'm planning a trip to get NV/UT ccw in NV early August.
Have you any info on the "No permit CCW" Bill that was floating around?
That may negate all the nonsense involved with my trip to NV.

Quiet
06-15-11, 22:21
NV DPS CCW website (http://www.nvrepository.state.nv.us/ccw_changes.shtml)
It's official.
Effective 07-01-2011, AZ & KY CCW permits will be honored by NV.

Quiet
06-15-11, 22:25
Thanks for the info. I hope this passes, as I'm planning a trip to get NV/UT ccw in NV early August.
Have you any info on the "No permit CCW" Bill that was floating around?
That may negate all the nonsense involved with my trip to NV.

The NV "Constitutional Carry" bills were both killed in committee.