PDA

View Full Version : Looks like China is at it again

jklaughrey
06-11-11, 07:51
So it would seem the Chinese want to take over and destroy our country from the inside out.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/china-wants-to-construct-a-50-square-mile-self-sustaining-city-south-of-boise-idaho

mhanna91
06-11-11, 08:14
Thats pretty freaky stuff. I don't know the legalities of individual states selling parts of the US to foreign nations, but I'm wondering now. This is one hell of a way to pay off our national debt. Hell with budget ceilings, lets just sell our country.:rolleyes:

montanadave
06-11-11, 08:24
How appropriate that I just reread Neil Stephenson's sci-fi novel Snow Crash a couple of months ago.

Welcome to Amerika, Inc., the land of multi-national corporate city-states.

I suppose it would be illustrative to recall the panic which ensued when Japan was buying up everything in sight (Pebble Beach Golf Course, lots of Hawaiian real estate and resort hotels) during the late '80s and early '90s, investing additional hundreds of millions in renovations, and selling it all back (at a considerable loss) when the Japanese economy tanked several years later.

Strange days, indeed. Now and then.

obucina
06-11-11, 08:29
I do believe that Section X disallows the individual states from granting unilateral treaties. I would be interested in reading the Leviathan's opinion.

jklaughrey
06-11-11, 08:35
Even on a smaller level of concern would be if a Chinese national commits a felony outside the walls of the compound. Is that person able to use DI? This situation is a can of worms which I sincerely hope never gets opened. I fear that the Chinese city state would be burned to ground when patriots realize we are being ran out of our own country...slowly but inevitable.

jklaughrey
06-11-11, 08:39
This is a quote from my uncle, rest his soul. He served in Vietnam 66-69. He had only this to say concerning those of the Communist Asian citizens. "If you can't fight them or **** them, they are worthless".

Not exactly a PC remark but still makes me ponder, what does China really have to offer that we are unable to do ourselves? And why would our own politicians be inclined to even discuss this venture?

montanadave
06-11-11, 09:44
This is a quote from my uncle, rest his soul. He served in Vietnam 66-69. He had only this to say concerning those of the Communist Asian citizens. "If you can't fight them or **** them, they are worthless".

Not exactly a PC remark but still makes me ponder, what does China really have to offer that we are unable to do ourselves? And why would our own politicians be inclined to even discuss this venture?

The Chinese own over a trillion dollars worth of U.S. treasuries and we did almost 500 billion dollars in trade last year (albeit imports outweigh exports by about 4 to 1).

They've got some stroke.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-11-11, 10:01
I guess Red helicopters are replacing black helicopters. I've been to Shenzhen, it looks like Ontario, California- just light industrial park after light industrial park and warehousing. It isn't a communist haven, its a free enterprise zone.

States and municipalities cut all kind of tax deals for investment. What in the heck would that have to do with suspending American law there. If there was a way to do that multinationals from other countries, or even our own, would have done that. Heck I would have done it. There is a difference between not assessing taxes and tariffs and checking incoming containers for contraband. If you think they are going to ship over divisions worth of BMPs, there is nothing anyone can say to you that is going to stop your paranoia.

Why is China is bitching about our debt and finances? Because they are invested in us. This whole economic war theory is not based in any kind of economic fact. They are the parasite to the US host. They screw up our economy and all of a sudden all their exports drop and they have HUGE internal problems. Sure, there are elements in the Chinese military that dream of taking over the US, but dollars to dog dick soup that what the power elite worry about in China is controlling their internal population. We are just the bogey man.

jklaughrey
06-11-11, 10:12
The Chinese own over a trillion dollars worth of U.S. treasuries and we did almost 500 billion dollars in trade last year (albeit imports outweigh exports by about 4 to 1).

They've got some stroke.

I agree, I just wish someone would have asked "us" the citizens if we wanted to be "raped" by the chinese market. Stroke or no stroke, I would have liked a choice before being sold out by my government. If this BS happens, Idaho and any other state that supports this won't be getting my business ever.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-11-11, 10:19
I agree, I just wish someone would have asked "us" the citizens if we wanted to be "raped" by the chinese market. Stroke or no stroke, I would have liked a choice before being sold out by my government. If this BS happens, Idaho and any other state that supports this won't be getting my business ever.

They did, we voted everytime we went to Walmart and Home Depot and didn't support smaller retailers that had us sources. I worked in local hardware stores and lumber yards in the 80s and saw it first hand.

montanadave
06-11-11, 10:40
Southern Idaho is really Northern Utah; it's Mormon land.

So let's break out the tin hats, shall we? Jon Huntsman, ex-governor of Utah, recently resigned U.S. Ambassador to China, and member of the LDS church, returns to the United States and throws his hat in the ring for President. Meanwhile, Mitt Romney, another LDS member, is leading the polls for the Republican nomination for President. All the while, the Chinese are negotiating to establish "free trade zones" in Idaho.

Coincidence or a beginnings of a LDS/Chinese alliance to rule the world! :ph34r:

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-11-11, 10:49
Southern Idaho is really Northern Utah; it's Mormon land.

So let's break out the tin hats, shall we? Jon Huntsman, ex-governor of Utah, recently resigned U.S. Ambassador to China, and member of the LDS church, returns to the United States and throws his hat in the ring for President. Meanwhile, Mitt Romney, another LDS member, is leading the polls for the Republican nomination for President. All the while, the Chinese are negotiating to establish "free trade zones" in Idaho.

Coincidence or a beginnings of a LDS/Chinese alliance to rule the world! :ph34r:

Dude, you're crazy...

Have you seen the price of tin lately??? Can we switch to a more economical thought-control-blocking metal??

jklaughrey
06-11-11, 10:54
Reynolds foil is getting more expensive to buy by the case. I need a new hat every day.

montanadave
06-11-11, 11:54
Holidays are an excellent time to stock up on foil hat materials. Christmas poinsettias and Easter lilies are frequently sold in pots with a decorative foil wrap. Check the dumpsters around your local churches. An added plus is the foil is almost perfectly shaped for a helmet or hat.

Unfortunately, in recent years the trend has been away from foil and towards a plastic or mylar-type film. I know the plastic is no good (I tried it, it almost seemed to amplify the the voices). I'm still testing the mylar. If it proves acceptable, those birthday and party balloons will be awesome! You could wear one of those smilely face balloons with a couple of eyeholes and nobody would even know you're in "stealth mode." :ph34r:

Sorry for the thread hijack. Back to China.

RogerinTPA
06-11-11, 12:16
Since most countries can't defeat us militarily, hasn't this always been their (China, Russia, Iran, ect...) objective (using overt and covert means, economic, political, internet attacks, theft, recruiting and converting US personnel)? That have to do something with that Obama money...:ph34r:

The_War_Wagon
06-11-11, 12:38
The planned "self-sustaining city" in Idaho would include manufacturing facilities, warehouses, retail centers and large numbers of homes for Chinese workers. Basically it would be a slice of communist China dropped right into the middle of the United States.

I can't imagine your average Idahoan putting up with THIS! :mad:

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-11-11, 13:42
Cited it the op-ed above is a link to an actual article.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/12/31/1472023/chinese-company-eyes-boise.html

The whole 'self contained' thing comes from the fact that the developments in China were from the groundup- there was no local infrastructure to build on. That is not true here in the states.

On site housing for the workers- how better to control them and make sure they don't go 'off the reservation'.

Riddle me this, American companies moving plants to China was the start of the end of the US, but the opposite- Chinese companies moving production to the US is.... also bad? Can't have it both ways.

I was talking to a R&D manager for a international specialty chemical company recently and he said that for a degreed, top notch chemist (that they want to keep and not jump ship after training) in China is as expensive as in the US. Lot of companies and industries are looking to on-shore and for sure they aren't looking to locate in China now. Add in the politcal risk ala the Arab Uprisings that no one wants to talk about and things aren't all tipped in China's favor.

Last time I was over there, they were clamping down on the financial requirements for peoples' third houses- as in main residence, a vacation home and now more money down needed for the condo in Hong Kong. More money down for the condo.

You guys can ring the bell all about China all you want. That ain't smart money. Look at nature and history- it isn't the external enemy that gets you- its the internal enemy. No China-man ever called me right-wing terrorist, to paraphrase Cassius Clay. The Dem-publicans can take (tax) more money from me tomorrow than the Chinese will ever get from me in tribute. Chinese aren't going to tell me what kind of light bulbs to put in my house, how big my car can be, that my kids have to love transvestites or how I defend my family.

Moose-Knuckle
06-11-11, 17:43
Cough. . .Trojan horse. . .cough. . .