PDA

View Full Version : RH to LH Upper Swap ?

Griffworks
06-11-11, 09:43
Is there any additional work/modification that needs to done to a Stag Arms Model 2 Stag-15 when swapping from a RH Upper to LH Upper? I ask because I'm a Southpaw w/long guns (Righty w/pistols) and a friend has a Stag w/Aimpoint Red Dot he's holding for me to get the cash together at a ridiculously low price.

I was perusing the Stag site and saw the LH's, thus the curiosity. I've done very light armorer's work on M-4/16's and can't think of anything in the lower that should make a difference if basic operating principles on the upper are "generic", if that makes any sense. However, I'm not an armorer, more like a novice tinkerer.

Appreciate any insight.

mikeahe
06-11-11, 10:55
I have heard nothing but bad reports on those Stag lefty units. My son is a southpaw, we went with amby components wherever possible.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Griffworks
06-11-11, 19:55
Ok, thanks for the heads up. I'm still a major no0b to AR's and didn't realize that there were LH uppers - the USAF doesn't issue them. Shame there are issues.

I've gotten pretty used to shooting Southpaw w/RH M-16/4's, so not a real issue. Don't even own the AR yet, so nothing critical there, either.

Thanks again.

Stan9106
06-12-11, 05:42
I've had two lefty uppers, sold them both to move to right handed uppers for various reasons.

That being said, the Stag lefty upper will operate perfectly well on any standard lower.