PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Made .22 Rifle Magazines

Cannon_fodder11b
06-11-11, 10:29
A friend of my Family has a older Canadian made .22 Rifle (its no longer produced) And he some how lost both magazines that went with the peashooter. He has gone to local gunshops in California and even to gun shows but he is unable to find any. I asked him for more information IE Maker and model number and as soon as I get the info I will post it. It was his first rifle, and it has sentimental appeal for him. He also wants to pass the weapon to his 9 year old and teach him how to shoot. The rifle can fire if you manually load single rounds, but the guy would really like to get at least 1 mag for it.

Will post more when I get some make and model numbers. I know this group is full of people that have outstanding weapons knowledge and probably know places to possibly look.
Thanks in advance!

bigghoss
06-11-11, 12:30
with that little bit of info the only thing I could tell you is to try a google search or check gunpartscorp.com when you get all the info on the gun.

gunnut284
06-11-11, 19:53
Make and model would help. Cooey is a good possibility. They were bought by Winchester in the 60s and also have a link to the current Savage .22s. Might be able to use a mag from one of those companies. See what else you can find out on the make, model and age of it.

misanthropist
06-11-11, 20:41
Cooey is likely but another possibility is Lakefield...I believe there is some commonality between Lakefield and Savage magazines, so he may be able to simply replace the mag with a Savage mk2 mag.

Cannon_fodder11b
06-12-11, 00:07
Its a Lakefield 64b

Hmm found some at http://www.ammoclip.com/s/savage_62,_64,_954.htm
Anyone ever hear of that site?

gunnut284
06-12-11, 17:15
Ok, Savage 64 mags should work, I've seen them at the local Walmart. FWIW, the Cooey designs and machinery (from what I've heard) were sold by Winchester and became Lakefield, which later was bought by Savage and became their current .22 line.

misanthropist
06-12-11, 17:18
Oh, for some reason I was picturing a bolt gun...

The Savage 64 mags should work, anyway!