PDA

View Full Version : Gen3/4 extractor question

G22inSC
06-12-11, 11:05
From the recent posts it seems as though most of the recent Glock problems are related to the newer "dip" style extractor in the late Gen3 and Gen4 pistols. Would a possible end user solution be to swap the extractor parts with the older non-LCI extractors? I guess that is assuming those parts are still available.

one
06-12-11, 12:42
I think that's most everyone's plan at this stage in the game that's not sending pistols back for service.

Drew78
06-12-11, 17:44
You could also oeder one from Lone Wolf. I have a couple inbound for my gen4 26. Any one have any experience with this part?

COJAM
06-12-11, 17:57
From the recent posts it seems as though most of the recent Glock problems are related to the newer "dip" style extractor in the late Gen3 and Gen4 pistols. Would a possible end user solution be to swap the extractor parts with the older non-LCI extractors? I guess that is assuming those parts are still available.

I just recently stumbled upon this youtube video.;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpXZJq7BAeA

DocH
06-12-11, 18:22
I may have to look again to be sure,but I thought I noticed more of what the shooter calls "left" ejection after the LW was installed.
Just observing, the ejection seemed weak compared to my own older guns.

G22inSC
06-12-11, 21:05
I thought I had started reading that the LW extractor was not necessarily a solution. Can you still find the older 15degree or non-dip LCI extractors from Gen3's? Maybe I never noticed and all the LCI extractors had the dreaded "dip."

msstate56
06-13-11, 21:28
There are definitely non-dip LCI extractors. I have a Gen3 23 that I purchased about 3 years ago and it has no dip. That said, I have ordered some Lone Wolf extractors to try in my Gen4 23 and 27.