PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy bug out bag gear?

gabulldawg
06-13-11, 19:38
Several years ago me and my wife talked about putting together a bug out bag but never got around to it. When we were talking about it I found some sites on the internet that sold essential gear in complete kits. They were pretty convenient and looked like the fastest way to put together a bag. They offered different sized first-aid, food, and hygeine kits.

Now that we are putting the bag together off course I can't find anything like I saw a few years ago. I can find the first-aid kits easily but not any of the other types that come with all the essentials. Is there anyone who knows what I'm talking about and where I can find them? Thanks.

HES
06-13-11, 19:40
Honestly, save your money. Build one your self. You be able to stock it with better quality gear, though might be expensive. Then again do you really want to bug out or would bugging in be a better option?

ucrt
06-13-11, 19:50

Here's a good place to look at, fill up a shopping cart, then go back and say..."Whoa! that's too much money!" and make a smaller list. I have always received good (neat) stuff in a timely manner from them.

CountyComm (http://www.countycomm.com/Whats%20New.htm)

But maybe it's just me...

gabulldawg
06-13-11, 19:59
Honestly we would probably be bugging in. Our homes are a much better shelter than anything we could build in the woods. But we did just move to an area that can get hurricanes and I thought it would be smart to have a bag for me and my wife ready just in case.

PlatoCATM
06-13-11, 20:01
I hope you don't mean bugout gear bags! That cheap junk that is sold on military bases. They are among the worst quality packs I've seen pandered to hard users. If you want the stuff that goes in the packs, build your own. You can google for bug out bags and get recommendations and probably even complete kits, but be sure to tailor them to your circumstances/abilities. As far as buying items, and even small survival kits to include with the bag a good place to look is Best Blide
(http://www.bestglide.com/).

gabulldawg
06-13-11, 20:12
No not the cheap bags like what school kids wear. I already have a bag and a good start on the gear also. I have a first-aid kit, water purifier, flashlights and headlamps, batteries, multi-tools, knives, gloves and hats, lighters and fire-starters, kindling, chem-lights, bug spray, and a few other things. Just looking to add some pre-made food kits and some other essentials. Just having a hard time finding high quality kits.

Moose-Knuckle
06-14-11, 02:24
As others have said, buy a quality pack and go from their. As for contents, it's amazing what one can find at your local Wal-Mart Supercenter thesedays.