PDA

View Full Version : Airsoft Buttstock for 15-22??

Hizzie
06-14-11, 13:56
I have been eyeballing the Vltor Modstock for my 15-22 but hard to justify $100 stock on a .22. Anybody use airsoft grade stocks or a Modstock clone on their gun?

Thanks

Hizzie

cody0341
06-14-11, 16:27
airsoft?!?!?!!?!?!?! close this

K Town
06-14-11, 16:38

lol I have felt some airsoft stocks (High quality like VFC and G&G) that felt better than some of Tapco's.

Hizzie
06-14-11, 16:53

This is just for my plinking rifle, not my HD gun. Magpul, ACE Riflestocks and Daniel Defense all have licensed airsoft equivalents.

glockeyed
06-14-11, 19:52
i don't see why not. its a plastic gun, not exactly gonna take a whole lot abuse. I put a primary arms micro on mine to see if i would like the aimpoint before putting the $$ up.

usmcvet
06-14-11, 20:03
Mine came with a decent M4 stock. Works great.

Dave_M
06-15-11, 11:54

There are all sorts of things I'd put on a .22lr trainer that I'd never put on a working rifle since the durability requirements aren't as high.

That said, I wouldn't spend money on a product which directly rips off and undermines good industry.

control_z
06-16-11, 22:09
Go for it! Its a plinker not a defensive tool. Maybe if you stick to the licensed stuff it won't be total junk.

shadow65
06-17-11, 11:50
Considering the upper and lower are plastic, why not?:D

Hizzie
06-17-11, 15:23
Cheapest I found the Licensed Colt/Umarex SOPMOD stock was $53 delivered. I settled on a used Vltor EMOD for $85, now the wait. I'm thinking Hogue PG, Blackhawk VFG, Rapid Adjust Sling, QD HD swivel and Rail Mounted Sling Adapter to round it out.

USMC_0317_SS
06-27-11, 23:53
I have always been an advocate for high end component, especially when it comes to my firearms and gear. In recent years there has been some pretty amazing "air-soft" gear on the market. I stumbled onto a knock-off Larue mount and I couldn't tell the difference other than the finish. There is another company called "Tasmanian Tiger" that has always been popular with the air-soft community, and they make outstanding tactical gear at reasonable prices. Just look around and you might be amazed by what is currently on the market.
As far as a "lesser" quality stock on a .22lr "plinker"....I think your good to go.

usmcvet
06-28-11, 01:44
Not sure if any one has mentioned this yet but the folks making the knock offs are thieves unless they're paying royalties. For me that is enough of a reason to stay/run away from them.

masakari
06-28-11, 05:31
To strictly answer your question, YES most will fare just fine on a 22. I airsofted for the better part of a decade and there are definitely some high quality parts out there.

R Moran
06-28-11, 09:10
This is just for my plinking rifle, not my HD gun. Magpul, ACE Riflestocks and Daniel Defense all have licensed airsoft equivalents.

Where are you finding these licensed copies?

Bob

masakari
06-28-11, 09:25
Most US retailers have fully licensed products. If interested, check out airsoftgi.com or airsoftextreme.com.

R Moran
06-28-11, 09:42
Most US retailers have fully licensed products. If interested, check out airsoftgi.com or airsoftextreme.com.

Thanks,
Shit! the MagPul PTS/MOE stocks are more then standard MOE stocks!
Now the various fake crane/sopmod/LMT stock I might sorta can get behind. At least they are not selling them as an actual LMT stock, like some gunshow vendors.

Bob