PDA

View Full Version : glock mag question

bubba04
06-14-11, 21:43
Have yall heard of a glock pistol running better with different follower versions?

I am thinking I am having issues with certain mags locking back after lost round is fired and they are all of the newer follower marked #6. But when I run my mags with followers marked #1 the pistol slide locks back. I would like to just change followers to the earlier style but after some reading it appears you cannot do that.

Paul45
06-14-11, 22:14
From my limited knowledge, the followers are more a feed issue. The hold open issue sounds like a weak mag spring issue or a weak slide stop spring. I'm sure someone can help you better. How many rounds since you changed the recoil spring?

bubba04
06-14-11, 22:15
Gun only has 1000 rounds through it. Though the recoil spring makes noise when I rack the slide back like the spring is rubbing on the guide rod. My other glocks do not make this noise.

BBJones13
06-14-11, 22:43
Replace the recoil spring and replace the mag spring. See it that solves your problems. Should be under $10 solution.

bubba04
06-16-11, 17:54
All the mags work in my over pistols. I also have an extended slide release on this pistol. Have y'all heard of any issues these have caused

SWATcop556
06-16-11, 20:17
Make sure your grip is not interfering with the slide lock and preventing it from locking open on an empty mag. This is a common issue with the OEM extended slide lock.

usmcvet
06-16-11, 20:50
Try taking the extended release off.

bubba04
06-16-11, 21:11
Make sure your grip is not interfering with the slide lock and preventing it from locking open on an empty mag. This is a common issue with the OEM extended slide lock.

I swear its not, at least it never did with my other 17 set up the same way.

I am bringing both slides releases to the range tomorrow and see if it makes a difference.

EzGoingKev
06-16-11, 21:25
Different generation mags use different generation followers.

I am in a ban state so I have to use old mags. I bought (6) of them off a guy and when I test fired them (2) of them would not lock the slide back on the last round. Upon inspection I found someone had replaced the followers with a newer generation follower that was not compatible.

PM sent.

bubba04
06-17-11, 14:37
Well this is embarrassing. I swapped out slide releases and it kept doing it.....I recently had changed my grip slightly, and thinking of this post today I realized my thumb was squeezing the hell out of the slide release. I moved my thumb off the normal slide release and the slide locks back, imagine that......

I appreciate the help.