PDA

View Full Version : Glock - Reliability of NY1 without the coil?

jdavis6576
06-15-11, 11:23
I'm curious as to the reliability of running a NY1 (usually in combination with an OEM 4.5 connector) without the coil as I've read this on numerous forums. I currently run OEM 4.5s with the standard TRS but I'm not crazy about the mushy take-up. A NY1 with the coil is a little too stiff but before I try the NY1 without the coil I want to make sure this isn't some kind of Bubba-Mod. Any reason to avoid this? Thanks!

ST911
06-15-11, 15:48
If you want a NY1 without the coil, get an old black one.

The old black ones with the (-) connector make for a very nice trigger pull.

Joerenew
06-15-11, 16:29
TotAly Agree with above post all my glocks are set up this way.

PA PATRIOT
06-15-11, 18:32
Were can one find the older black colored style, no luck on INTERNET search.

Thank you

ccmdfd
06-17-11, 18:13
Were can one find the older black colored style, no luck on INTERNET search.

Thank you

I'd love to hear more about this too.

brushy bill
06-17-11, 20:02
I'd love to hear more about this too.

me three

SeaSoldier
06-17-11, 20:24
I have one that I would trade for a regular Ghost 3.5# connector. PM if someone has one to trade.

Traded, Thanks

JonInWA
06-17-11, 21:29
Without knowing the specifics (and not being a gunsmith/engineer) I would think that there were some cogent reasons why Glock added the coil spring to the NY1/NY2. Since this forum is primarily oriented to carry, and the equipment, operational, and sometimes legal issues that surround carry and use of defensive firearms in the "real world" I'd suggest that there probably is some value in remaining with the OEM Glock component as manufactured-particularly for carry, defensive, and/or organizational use.

Now if you just want to fiddle with things for gun games/gamer purposes, that's another thing entirely. In that case, you'll probably find this sort of thing better addressed someplace on the Brian Enos forums.

Best, Jon

spamsammich
06-18-11, 00:44
I've got more than 2000 rounds on my gun with the coil removed, I think I got the idea from Robb Jensen. Do a search for his name and NY1 and maybe you'll turn up more info. Having the coil makes the trigger return super snappy but at the expense of a little more weight to the pull. I'm happy with my - and NY1 (less coil).

spr1
06-18-11, 05:57
I would never trust my life to a polymer used as a spring. Polymers/plastics stress relax and creep far more than metals, in other words, sooner or later it will not exert enough force to work properly.
For a game gun, maybe.

spamsammich
06-18-11, 13:24
Luckily my gun seems to be able to run without any kind of trigger return spring, but the trigger pull is a little light for my liking if that were to happen.

PA PATRIOT
06-18-11, 14:49
I always keep every trigger and sight set up on all my Glock pistols exactly the same as my duty pistol. That way the trigger pull and sight picture are the same no matter what Glock I pick up for training or off duty carry and easily recallable under stress.

My interest in the black NY trigger would be for my Model-17L as it would mimic the NY1 trigger set-up in my other Glocks some what (I Hope) and not screw with the trigger so much for bullseye shooting I intend to take up shortly.

If anyone has a spare black NY trigger I would be happy to buy or trade for it.