PDA

View Full Version : Weiner is being mercilessy being heckled during his resignation.

ghostman1960
06-16-11, 13:26
Its brutal. They are tearing him apart.

SteyrAUG
06-16-11, 13:30
Tar and feathers used to be standard.

The_War_Wagon
06-16-11, 14:03
"Is it more than 7 inches?" :jester:

Spurholder
06-16-11, 15:34
He's lucky that he's not going to jail...yet ;)

Spiffums
06-16-11, 15:58
So is Barry going to take credit for creating a new job here?

Alex V
06-16-11, 17:19
That was Benjy Bronk from the Howard Stern show. He is the writer who sits in the studio with Howard, Robyn and Fred.

Freakin' hysterical!

Moose-Knuckle
06-17-11, 02:33
ROTFLMFAO!!! :D

http://abcnews.go.com/politics/video/anthony-weiner-resigns-audience-cheers-13858250&tab=9482931&section=2808950&playlist=2808979

Jer
06-17-11, 08:03
I think the whole fiasco is ridiculous. People acting like they're so perfect and the ones who seem to hate him the most have the most insecurities about their own thoughts or actions. I'm sure that whoever comes along to replace him will be so much better. :rolleyes:

bubba04
06-17-11, 08:07
I feel bad for his pregnant wife.

Sensei
06-17-11, 08:42
I think the whole fiasco is ridiculous. People acting like they're so perfect and the ones who seem to hate him the most have the most insecurities about their own thoughts or actions. I'm sure that whoever comes along to replace him will be so much better. :rolleyes:

I don't think that anyone is looking for perfection. It would be nice to have our elected representatives not be a narcissistic, egotistical, serial liar. Also, most of the disdain for Weiner has to do this his position as the progressive mouthpiece and attempts at being the party pitbull (although yapping yorkie is probably a better description).

I'll miss moments like these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O_GRkMZJn4

Sensei
06-17-11, 08:45
I feel bad for his pregnant wife.

Don't worry, I'm sure that Uncle Bill (Clinton) will stand behind her to provide plenty of comfort...

Gutshot John
06-17-11, 09:09
Howard Stern v. Anthony Weiner.

It's like watching two imbeciles fight over who's king of the short bus. :rolleyes:

uwe1
06-17-11, 10:30
I don't think that anyone is looking for perfection. It would be nice to have our elected representatives not be a narcissistic, egotistical, serial liar. Also, most of the disdain for Weiner has to do this his position as the progressive mouthpiece and attempts at being the party pitbull (although yapping yorkie is probably a better description).

I'll miss moments like these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O_GRkMZJn4

Let's not forget that in his initial attempt to cover things up, he was perfectly fine with innocent people taking the fall. This is very concerning for the citizens to have someone in power like him.

Don't worry, I'm sure that Uncle Bill (Clinton) will stand behind her to provide plenty of comfort...

He should have taken a page from the Clinton playbook and said, I did not have 'textual' relations with that woman.

Moose-Knuckle
06-17-11, 16:21

Hypocrisy. Wiener went after Beck for "ethic violations" with the full power of the Congress all the while getting caught with his pants down, pun intended. 100% douche.

Alex V
06-17-11, 17:23
Howard Stern v. Anthony Weiner.

It's like watching two imbeciles fight over who's king of the short bus. :rolleyes:

not sure I agree there... Howard may not be your cup of tea, but he is far from an imbecile.

The whole thing with Weiner would have never gotten out of control if that dumb ass just admitted it was his junk in the picture and he screwed up. He did nothing illegal. People just got upset he lied. Hell, Bill lied and he stayed in office, this guy just did not have as high an office obviously lol.

Oh well, I kinda feel bad for him. Should have just admitted he sent a chick a pic of his shlong and be done with it.

Gutshot John
06-17-11, 17:48
not sure I agree there... Howard may not be your cup of tea, but he is far from an imbecile.

I wasn't calling him an imbecile. Neither is weinie. Its an analogy. One perv calling another a perv? Pot? Kettle? Black? You know?

Safetyhit
06-17-11, 19:13
I think the whole fiasco is ridiculous. People acting like they're so perfect and the ones who seem to hate him the most have the most insecurities about their own thoughts or actions.

Sure some even bigger scumbag may want to latch on to the situation in order to feel better about themselves, but that doesn't mean there isn't an overt reason to dislike the man. This aside from his vehement anti-gun, ultra-arrogant, super liberal viewpoint.

Moose-Knuckle
06-17-11, 19:24
I wasn't calling him an imbecile. Neither is weinie. Its an analogy. One perv calling another a perv? Pot? Kettle? Black? You know?

Howard Stern is not an elected public offical. He is a "shock jock" and lives up to the expectation of his chosen profession. I can't remember Howard Stern ever lieing about being a pervert (he freely admits it) where Weiner went on record and lied to the American people about being one.

Belmont31R
06-17-11, 20:14

Im far from perfect but this dude is beyond what we need in Congress even if he is liberal.

The political situation removed Ive been following this guy somewhat, and Ive seen numerous interviews before any of this where he was insulting, rude, and he was downright only out there to make a name for himself. I guess he decided to be Alan Grayson's replacement in saying over the top things, and being a rude mouth piece.

So his actions coming home to roost, and him getting some flack is well deserved. He did far more damage to himself and the people who elected him than any commentator or shock jock could do to him. To top it off he had ample opportunity to do the right thing. He didn't. He accused other people of basically committing crimes...he lied, and refused to accept responsibility for his actions until his own people basically showed him the door since he didn't want to find it on his own.

variablebinary
06-17-11, 21:27
That was Benjy Bronk from the Howard Stern show. He is the writer who sits in the studio with Howard, Robyn and Fred.

Freakin' hysterical!

I don't like Wiener, but I don't think the "heckling" was all that funny.

As a nation, I believe the overall decline in manners, class, and civility is part of America's downfall.

I am utterly disgusted by many elected officials but I would never lower myself to yell crass profanity at them...especially at a press conference. Then again, I wouldn't wear sneakers and a ball cap to the Supreme Court either.

uwe1
06-17-11, 22:04
He accused other people of basically committing crimes...he lied, and refused to accept responsibility for his actions until his own people basically showed him the door since he didn't want to find it on his own.

....And this here folks, is the scariest part.

So what if you don't care if he's a pervert or are reluctant to cast a stone because you're a pervert yourself. That issue is totally irrelevant in my opinion.

An elected official in a position of power should be held to higher standards. The very least of which is not to accuse innocent people of crimes.

(Not directed at you Belmont)

Belmont31R
06-17-11, 22:08
I don't like Wiener, but I don't think the "heckling" was all that funny.

As a nation, I believe the overall decline in manners, class, and civility is part of America's downfall.

I am utterly disgusted by many elected officials but I would never lower myself to yell crass profanity at them...especially at a press conference. Then again, I wouldn't wear sneakers and a ball cap to the Supreme Court either.

It was quite common actually.

They used to burn peoples houses down....

a1fabweld
06-17-11, 22:17
Im fed up with the whole weiner case. It's on every ****ing news station. I'd rather hear about the Kardashians at this point (right before I put a bullet in my head).

Gutshot John
06-18-11, 08:45
Howard Stern is not an elected public offical. He is a "shock jock" and lives up to the expectation of his chosen profession. I can't remember Howard Stern ever lieing about being a pervert (he freely admits it) where Weiner went on record and lied to the American people about being one.

And Weiner resigned in disgrace as opposed to Howard who makes his living as one.

Obviously there is a difference between an elected official and a shock jock and Weiner should have resigned but Howard has done more to create a culture where prurient voyeurism/exhibitionism that drove the Weiner story than the Congressman himself. Now instead of living his life in obscurity, thanks to Howard Stern Weiner will find "redemption" as a media pundit, reality TV or whatever. Forgive me if I see the irony (and not the funny kind) in sending a lackey to heckle a Congressman in the process of resigning.

I'm tired of the lack of public shame and Howard makes his living on people's willingness to embarrass themselves. It's parasitic.

rickrock305
06-19-11, 16:55
Howard has done more to create a culture where prurient voyeurism/exhibitionism that drove the Weiner story than the Congressman himself.

How so?

Forgive me if I see the irony (and not the funny kind) in sending a lackey to heckle a Congressman in the process of resigning.

I'm tired of the lack of public shame and Howard makes his living on people's willingness to embarrass themselves. It's parasitic.

Well, Howard and his show did not send Bronk out to do this. He did it on his own.