PDA

View Full Version : Need help with which 9mm Suppresser for AR & Uzi

keatsabn
10-18-07, 09:55
Ok, Check it out I have a a UZI that will be SBR I have a registered AR lower. I want to suppress both of them but wish to only have one Suppresser. I was looking at a three lug Tros USA barrel 5 inch for the Uzi and a 7.5 9mm AR barrel.

Question- Do they make a three lug AR barrel or will I just have to buy a 3 lug adapter?

Question 2- What is the best Suppresser for this build EVO/DeGroat/YHM or another Can. I have around 750.00 + stamp on suppresser that I can spend.

Question. Or forget 3 lug just go with threads?

Thank in advance
Luke

rob_s
10-18-07, 10:14
I have seen guys with various 3-lug adapters & barrels for ARs.

I chose to go a different route and have a YHM 9mm Wraith QD on order for my 9mm AR. Not sure if that's workable for the Uzi though.

You are probably better off with the 3-lug solution. There are several guys at silencertalk.com that have them. You may try posting this in the "AR" section of that site.

SHIVAN
10-18-07, 10:28
The 3-lug adapter is pretty slick. I chose the SWR Trident 9.

I know it's a great suppressor backed by great guy{s} at SWR.

I use the Trident strictly on a 3-lug TROS barreled 9mm AR, but I have the other two adapters too. 1/2x28 threaded & 1/2x28 LCD booster.

It's full auto rated and pretty damn quiet.

rob_s
10-18-07, 10:42
Title2.com (http://www.title2.com/TROS.html) has 5" and 9.25" barrels listed but "backordered".

ETA:
prior discussion (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=48&highlight=tros)

Beemer
10-18-07, 12:18
5" bbl will be too short for uzi-get the FBI length bbl thread 1/2x 28 and the yhm qd mount for the uzi and for the AR. The wraith xl qd from yhm will do a great job for both weaons, wraith is also f/a rated if you ever go that route. Will also work great w/5" ar bbl. The qd mount will work as a flash hider when not suppressed and will protect your threads. FWIW-have uzi f/a and 9mm f/a rr and other f/a weapons. The wraith xl qd works well with all of them.-Beemer