PDA

View Full Version : AFG2 on MOE handguard?

MH64
06-16-11, 22:11
Search has not been my friend, please help.

How would you attach an AFG2 to a MOE handguard?

VaeVictis
06-16-11, 23:08
Buy a rail for the Moe, then mount it like you would on any other rail.
http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af244/Dan_Meyer/100_1987.jpg
http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af244/Dan_Meyer/100_1988.jpg

VaeVictis
06-16-11, 23:18
Just dont mount it backwards......;)

la-li-lu-le-lo
06-21-12, 03:04
How's the AFG? I was going to buy a tangodown vertical grip, but now this AFG has been getting my attention.

VaeVictis
06-22-12, 18:23
I actually didn't like it very much on the MOE handguard. Once I changed the MOE out for a 12'' rail I tried it out again and I prefer it to a vertical grip.

Jojo66
11-21-12, 17:01
I actually didn't like it very much on the MOE handguard. Once I changed the MOE out for a 12'' rail I tried it out again and I prefer it to a vertical grip.
I figured this too and glad I read this before I bought one.it seems like it would be less comfortable on the moe guards

Heavy Metal
11-21-12, 17:17
The one piece of advice I will give is DON'T use the AFG on a carbine handguard. The angle is wrong that close in. The closer your wrist is to your shoulder, the more vertical your palm wants to be.

It works perfectly for me on a midlength.

Carbine, go with an MVG and use the high-hand hold.

VaeVictis
11-21-12, 21:02
The AFG felt uncomfortable for me even on a midlength MOE, it just felt too close. I prefer a vertical grip on the MOE by far. I'm still liking the AFG on my rail by the way, I think it's partly because I have small hands and I feel like I can get my hand around the rail better than around a MOE handguard.

Kain
11-21-12, 23:10
The one piece of advice I will give is DON'T use the AFG on a carbine handguard. The angle is wrong that close in. The closer your wrist is to your shoulder, the more vertical your palm wants to be.

It works perfectly for me on a midlength.

Carbine, go with an MVG and use the high-hand hold.

Interesting, I hadn't thought about that, used it a little on a friend's who had it on a carbine, and the angle felt like I was trying to break my wrist. Haven't gotten the chance to run one on a rail farther out though. When in the near future I get a 16 inch middy with a 12 inch rail I may need to try it. Will pass this on to a few friends.