PDA

View Full Version : Military 1/4 Zip Combat Shirt

ballsout
06-19-11, 00:05
Who supplies the military 1/4 zip combat shirt that a lot of the special ops guys you see are wearing?

http://www.dm.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/101007-F-7886Q-015.JPG

jsummers
06-19-11, 00:24
Crye Combat Shirt.

Garrasa
06-19-11, 00:26
Massif is what I believe your looking for

http://www.massif.com/massif-gear/combat-shirts/army-combat-shirt-acs.html

Pax
06-19-11, 01:00
PJs source their threads from Crye, first response was correct. Those are Crye Precision Combat Shirt ACs. If you want to look like a PJ, pick up one of those.

If you just want a decent 1/4 zip top layer with a lightweight, moisture-wicking and highly-breathable torso fabric and decent elbow fabric, look into 5.11's Rapid Assault Shirt. I've owned both and never noticed any reflection of the vast difference in price in the quality of the product. In fact I found the 5.11 more easy to use, as without elbow pads I did not catch every goddamned shoulder strap that I tried to throw on.

A plethora of companies produce knock-off "combat shirts" like the original Crye. Minute differences between their products, I say dont waste your money and get the $60 5.11.

J8127
06-19-11, 04:24
Jesus Christ that picture is huge!

AFSOC guys roll Crye gear, but keep in mind you wont be able to get any of that in Fire Retardant material if thats a requirement for you.

Proper makes the FR Frogman Shirt a lot of guys are getting, but they are about $200 a piece.

The skin tight under-armor shirts regular Joes wear are ****ing awful, avoid them and get the loose fitting ones you are looking at.

variablebinary
06-19-11, 05:10
It's beyond agitating that there isn't a UCP/ACU Frog shirt.

Bugs me to no end.

The closest I've seen is the New Balance S7 FR shirt, but they make it impossible to buy one direct, which is a massive pain in the balls for your average soldier.

crossgun
06-19-11, 06:25
Check out TRU-SPEC as well.

docsherm
06-19-11, 08:18
It's beyond agitating that there isn't a UCP/ACU Frog shirt.

Bugs me to no end.

The closest I've seen is the New Balance S7 FR shirt, but they make it impossible to buy one direct, which is a massive pain in the balls for your average soldier.

Who still wears that in the field? I am just asking because I have not heard of too many people wearing USP/ACUs in the field any more.

SWATcop556
06-19-11, 08:46
I've been wearing the TruSpec shirt under my heavy vest for our team and it has preformed well. It is in desert digital.

scoutfsu99
06-20-11, 09:53
Somewhere, there is a Command Sergeant Major having a heart attack...

ETA: Sorry my brain is in Army speak. Chief Master Sergeant? I'm not sure. Purely smartass, half bitter comment that didn't do much for the thread.

J8127
06-20-11, 10:15
Somewhere, there is a Command Sergeant Major having a heart attack...

Over some AFSOC guys? Well that sure is a waste of time.

Danny Boy
06-20-11, 12:20
I always wondered what three PJs being shown a card trick looked like.

AFSOC guys roll Crye gear, but keep in mind you wont be able to get any of that in Fire Retardant material if thats a requirement for you

I thought the Crye stuff was fire retardant/resistant?

J8127
06-20-11, 13:52
I may be mistaken but I don't believe the stuff you can buy off the website is FR and they will only make FR uniforms for bulk orders to military units.

Junglist
06-20-11, 16:51
This is quoted from the G3 shirt description.

Description
The design that started a movement. When we developed the first version of our signature shirt, we had no idea that it would lead to such widespread adoption of our basic design. The G3 Combat Shirt™ is a combat-specific garment specifically designed to be worn under body armor. It keeps you cool with wicking, lightweight, high-performance, flame-resistant DRIFIREŽ torso fabric and reinforced Mil-Spec 50/50 NYCO ripstop sleeves. Designed for use with our patented removable AirFlex™ Elbow Pads or our legacy Field Elbow Pads (sold separately). The G3 Combat Shirt™ features a zip collar that allows easy donning and doffing while keeping slings, straps, and brass off your neck. Made in US from US materials. Patented, other patents pending.

Features

Comfort placket behind zipper
Double layer bicep pocket
New eye-pro holder and pen pocket
Flexible VelcroŽ configuration on bicep pocket
Streamlined elbow pad configuration designed for use with our patented removable AirFlex™ Elbow Pads or our legacy Field Elbow Pads (sold separately)

That appears to only be the non MC portion of the shirt. The arms and pants are not FR as far as I read.