PDA

View Full Version : Spare Parts

LITHPD101
08-14-06, 13:23
I do the occasional build and I am the armorer for our PD. I'm looking to keep a nice set of spare parts on hand. Other than buying complete parts kits which I don't mind doing, is there a source for buying individual quality parts? What are the parts I need to keep on hand the most?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

C4IGrant
08-14-06, 13:27
I do the occasional build and I am the armorer for our PD. I'm looking to keep a nice set of spare parts on hand. Other than buying complete parts kits which I don't mind doing, is there a source for buying individual quality parts? What are the parts I need to keep on hand the most?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

The high wear items (bolts, extractors, extractor springs, buffer springs, retainng pins) would be good items to keep on hand IMHO.

Shoot me an e-mail if you would like some help. sales@GRTactical.com

C4

LITHPD101
08-14-06, 13:40
Will do. I placed an order for some o rings and hd extractor springs earlier today.

M4arc
08-15-06, 17:46
Here's some things that I like to have on hand:

- Takedown detent springs
- Takedown detents
- Safety detent and spring
- Buffer retainer and spring
- Hammers (in case a J spring breaks)
- Bolts
- Extractor springs
- O-rings or Defenders
- Firing pins
- Crush washers

That's about all I can think of for now but if I remember something else I'll update my list. I don't know if Grant sells individual small parts but if he doesn't I know ADCO does and I think Bravo Company USA may as well.