PDA

View Full Version : Mounting rail @ 12:00 on MOE HG

Korgs130
06-20-11, 07:57
Any good advice for mounting a rail @ 12:00 on MOE HG? I know it's not the approved method but I'd like to try a Surefire tape switch in that position.

CoryCop25
06-21-11, 00:49
If I remember correctly, the Magpul MOE illumination kit comes with a piece for mounting the tape switch to the MOE handguard. The piece in the illumination kit snaps right into the slots.

Rattlehead
06-21-11, 00:56
If I remember correctly, the Magpul MOE illumination kit comes with a piece for mounting the tape switch to the MOE handguard. The piece in the illumination kit snaps right into the slots.

If I recall correctly, the manual that comes with the Illumination kit recommends that you do not mount it directly at 12:00.

I also tried (anyways) to mount the switch on top with the Illumination kit, but the plastic cradle for the pressure switch will not snap onto the top of the MOE.

CoryCop25
06-21-11, 01:07
OK, I remember trying to mount one for a friend of mine but I didn't remember why it didn't fit. He had a cheap tape switch not a Sure Fire one. Yes well, I'm sure something can be modified. I highly doubt that the tape switch will be destroyed by heat if you mount it on top. I have a couple of tape switch mounts taken from the illumination kits (somewhere) if you want to use it.

Korgs130
06-21-11, 03:14
I have a couple of tape switch mounts taken from the illumination kits (somewhere) if you want to use it.

I appreciate the offer, but I already have the Illumination Kit and those pieces definitely don’t work on top of the MOE HG. I’m referring to pictures from the BCM catalog where Travis Haley has a Surefire SR07 Remote Dual Switch is rail mounted at 12 o’clock on the MOE. I saw similar pictures with a piece of rail on top in articles on BCM and Magpul in the 2011 issue of combat tactics. Just curious if anyone here has made a similar modification and how they like it.

strike2502
09-25-11, 12:56
I have mounted a rail section to the 12 o'clock position on the MOE handguards, all it takes is a little work with a sanding wheel on a Dremmel tool. I'll post pics later as soon as I can download them.