PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the M&P's for sale???????

polydeuces
06-21-11, 00:13
Thinking of getting a M&P .45, really dig the 9 pro I have, prices came down, just to find I can't find any.
I mean, gunbroker, one page, all calibers listed. Vendors, all (most models) out of stock... WTF? Did I not get the memo? :(

Atchcraft
06-21-11, 00:59
I finally got my wife's M&P9 JG the other day after searching for months. I searched every gun shop, web site, everyone told me they were out. I finally found it on gun broker, after checking constantly. Seems like everything I want is like that these days.

PieceKeeper
06-21-11, 02:50
Grant's probably got one or two or a few

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=SMWE

turbo38gn
06-21-11, 04:53
Plenty of them around here. S&W Retail Store has a showcase full of them, course most will be Ma compliant. My local gun stores seem to have them in stock as well.

jbsmwd
06-21-11, 05:24
I thought that S&W got a big LEO contract in one of the western european nations. Belgium?

Bsully
06-21-11, 05:36
Plenty of them around here. S&W Retail Store has a showcase full of them, course most will be Ma compliant. My local gun stores seem to have them in stock as well.

Finding them is one thing
Getting raped on the price is another..

turbo38gn
06-21-11, 05:41
Finding them is one thing
Getting raped on the price is another..

I haven't seen any rape pricing, most pricing is fair that I've seen.

kmc0929
06-21-11, 05:45
I thought that S&W got a big LEO contract in one of the western european nations. Belgium?

S&W is so backordered it isn't even funny.

jmreagan
06-21-11, 07:33
I had to order my first M&P and play the waiting game. My second one I just happened to walk in the only place that had a .40c model and bought it. They are very popular with enthusiast and professionals. I don't see a lot of people selling their used ones either. They are wonderful pistols.

SteveL
06-21-11, 08:35
Where are you located? One of my local places usually has about two dozen or so in stock. I've bought two from them (on different occasions) for $499 each.

Dos Cylindros
06-21-11, 08:59
I was told by my local dealer that S&W is heavily back ordered at the moment, and they don't expect any new shipments for about five months. They are not a low volume dealer either and they are having trouble getting them (M&P's).

A couple of months ago I ordered up a full size FDE M&P 45 with night sights from them and it was in stock and at the shop the next day. After I decided to convert to the M&P platform, I went on the hunt for a 45 compact to serve as my off duty gun only to discover that nobody had one. I was finally able to track one down (black, no thumb safety standard sights) and picked it up yesterday. They are out there, you just have to shop around and be a bit patient. I was very fortunate to find my compact as fast as I did and I know the current inventory is shrinking and will continue to do so until Smith can catch up on their back orders.

Happy hunting.

C4IGrant
06-21-11, 09:50

M&P's are being sucked up by HUGE (tens of thousands) contract with Belgium and Australia.

C4

C4IGrant
06-21-11, 09:51
Thinking of getting a M&P .45, really dig the 9 pro I have, prices came down, just to find I can't find any.
I mean, gunbroker, one page, all calibers listed. Vendors, all (most models) out of stock... WTF? Did I not get the memo? :(

We do have two M&P 45's in stock. Drop me a line and let me know which model you are intersted in.

C4

dmaxfireman
06-21-11, 10:43
I got my 45 mid frame from their retail store, they had quite a few "non-mass compliant" m&p's there to choose from.

They also offer military, fire, and police discount of 10%

kerplode
06-21-11, 15:37
I traded my very gently used M&P 45 for a HK45c about a month ago...My dealer still has the M&P listed on his gunbroker site. Jensen Arms in Loveland, CO. I suppose you probably saw it in your search.

When I have some time, I'm going to list the remaining mags on the marketplace here.

anatolian B
08-20-11, 18:37
Any updates? I can't find an M&P9 L anywhere? Checked Grant's site and he is cleaned out of all M&P9s. I wouldn't mind another 4.25 M&P9 If I can't a 5", but I would like to avoid having to use Gunbroker.

Wolverine954
08-20-11, 20:04
Any updates? I can't find an M&P9 L anywhere? Checked Grant's site and he is cleaned out of all M&P9s. I wouldn't mind another 4.25 M&P9 If I can't a 5", but I would like to avoid having to use Gunbroker.

I'm in Dallas and looked at a few stores for the exact same two pistols with no luck. SAW and Ray's both had plenty of .40's but none in 9mm (unless you want the pink or VTAC models).

Anyway, I shot G&R an e-mail asking to buy one. He told me that he'd notify me when something came in stock. I got lucky and within a few days a 9mm FS came in and I was able to order it off his website (with APEX goodies installed for a very fair price & no sales tax). I think the timing was a coincidence, but it worked great for me. UPS says it will be here on Monday!

C4IGrant
08-20-11, 20:08
M&P's are starting to appear more and more, but it is still hard to get them.

Last time I checked, I had $70K in back orders with S&W. :mad:

Get on our e-mail notification list (as one could show up tomorrow and people on the list ALWAYS get head of the line privileges.

C4

turbo38gn
08-20-11, 20:17

Smith and Wesson Retail Store should have what you want in stock.
They had some Pro's and plenty of the other model for out of staters and for Ma compliant..

http://shootingsports.smith-wesson.com/retail/store.html

anatolian B
08-20-11, 20:20
I'm in Dallas and looked at a few stores for the exact same two pistols with no luck. SAW and Ray's both had plenty of .40's but none in 9mm (unless you want the pink or VTAC models).

Anyway, I shot G&R an e-mail asking to buy one. He told me that he'd notify me when something came in stock. I got lucky and within a few days a 9mm FS came in and I was able to order it off his website (with APEX goodies installed for a very fair price & no sales tax). I think the timing was a coincidence, but it worked great for me. UPS says it will be here on Monday!

Thanks for the info. By the way I love Rays. My grandfather shopped there for years, classic style gun shop.

Mauser KAR98K
08-20-11, 23:55
M&P's are starting to appear more and more, but it is still hard to get them.

Last time I checked, I had $70K in back orders with S&W. :mad:

Get on our e-mail notification list (as one could show up tomorrow and people on the list ALWAYS get head of the line privileges.

C4

How long have the waits been?

longball
08-21-11, 00:19
A guy came into the store where I work the other day and wanted to order a M&Pc 9mm. We put in an order, through our (ridiculous) channels and were informed today that it would be December before we would receive one. Does this sound about normal?

readyme
08-21-11, 15:49
I was quoted, from my local gun store 4-6 months.... S&W told them 2-4, but they said shipments are spotty at best and are more in the 4-6 month range.
Of course, as I layed down my down payment for my special order M&P9c, he walked out of the back room holding 2 blue boxes. He had placed an order for 9 guns 6 months prior, and had received just those 2 that day. They were not spoken for, so needless to say I walked out that day with my new 9c.

(he told me I should go buy a lottery ticket)

contax_shooter
08-21-11, 21:38
I got a 9c with thumb safety from my local FFL's distributor in New England area.

Special ordered on the 12th of August, picked it up on the 16th.

C4IGrant
08-22-11, 09:11
How long have the waits been?

6 months or more.

C4

C4IGrant
08-22-11, 09:12
A guy came into the store where I work the other day and wanted to order a M&Pc 9mm. We put in an order, through our (ridiculous) channels and were informed today that it would be December before we would receive one. Does this sound about normal?

Sounds normal. I personally don't think you will see one till Jan or later.

C4

mkmckinley
08-24-11, 08:32
Damn, I was just planning on getting a backup for my FS 9mm. I'm glad S&W is making some sales but you'd think they would keep a certain percentage of their production going to the domestic market. How many people are going to be buying Glocks because they don't want to wait?

C4IGrant
08-24-11, 16:01
For those interested, we have ONE M&P 9mm (FS) with NS's and 3 M&P 45 (MID-FRAME) with TS and NS's.

9mm: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=309701

45: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=307507

C4

Mauser KAR98K
08-24-11, 18:52
I really want the .45 in full size. :big_boss:

At a local pawn shop, they have an M&P 9mm with the TS for $599. Couldn't tell if it is one of the older M&P's with small spring.

txf15crewchief
08-26-11, 02:31
Locally just picked up a M&P9 full-size with thumb safety today for $481. I don't know how they got both flavors of 4.25 in. M&P9s but they had them so I jumped on it; I've been searching since May for them. It was worth the wait to get one at a decent price.

Beat Trash
08-26-11, 11:57
The guns are starting to trickle in as the overseas orders are being filled. But who knows what new order might pop up that needs to be filled.

Bottom line is if you want one, and you find one, just buy it.

swsmailman
08-26-11, 18:07
Figures that the gun I decide to buy is hard to find at the moment.

After doing a good amount of research online and hands on at the range, I have decided to buy a M&P 9mm for myself.

Only thing left to decide on is if I want a FS or a Compact. The only reason I am looking at a compact would be for concealed carry but at the same time I would much rather have a full size for the range and backup when hunting, and I would probably have no trouble CC'ing, with the right holster and belt. (I'm 6'3, 195lbs). That and I already have a small pocket pistol for the days where it would be difficult to carry IWB here in Texas.

Decisions, Decisions.

Suggestions anyone? (The FS on G&R sure does look tempting)

DiscipulusArmorum
08-26-11, 18:12
The local gunstores usually have a couple varieties of M&Ps at decent prices. In June I picked an M&P9 full size for $500 out the door, including some a few hours of range time.

Just the other day I decided to buy an M&P9 compact, and within a few minutes of browsing online I found that JetGuns had a great price on in stock pistols. Paid $439 (no credit card fee) and got free shipping. I bought one from them on Gunbroker, but I think their online store has the same price. With transfer, I'll be right at $459. I've seen plenty of prices that are similarly attractive but not many where the pistol is actually in stock.

By the way, I paid for my pistol on Monday and had the local gun shop email their FFL on Wednesday afternoon. JetGuns sent the pistol out that very afternoon, and it arrived at the gun store today. Very impressed with their operation.

Only thing left to decide on is if I want a FS or a Compact.

Have you shot both side by side? I found that I shoot the compact just as well as the full size. Also keep in mind that you can use the full size magazines in a compact, and with an x-grip on the full size mag, I found that the grips differences were minimal.

Beat Trash
08-26-11, 18:21
Figures that the gun I decide to buy is hard to find at the moment.

After doing a good amount of research online and hands on at the range, I have decided to buy a M&P 9mm for myself.

Only thing left to decide on is if I want a FS or a Compact. The only reason I am looking at a compact would be for concealed carry but at the same time I would much rather have a full size for the range and backup when hunting, and I would probably have no trouble CC'ing, with the right holster and belt. (I'm 6'3, 195lbs). That and I already have a small pocket pistol for the days where it would be difficult to carry IWB here in Texas.

Decisions, Decisions.

Suggestions anyone? (The FS on G&R sure does look tempting)

I've had both the full size and compact for awhile now. With your size, ccw of the full size shouldn't be an issue, give a decent holster.

I'd contact Grant and get the fs M&P9.

GermanSynergy
08-26-11, 18:32
Virginia Arms had a VTAC M&P 40 in stock as of 11 AM EST today...

turbo38gn
08-26-11, 18:49
I've had both the full size and compact for awhile now. With your size, ccw of the full size shouldn't be an issue, give a decent holster.

I'd contact Grant and get the fs M&P9.

I'll second this statement, get it, you'll love it... I have a few and want more. I see where Grant can also set up the triggers with Apex parts before shipping, that's a homerun. It's not always about finding the cheapest price... but I can appreciate it.

Mauser KAR98K
08-26-11, 23:47
Had to travel a bit today for business and getting ready for school. Ordered an amp, placed my paperwork down for a Noveske flared lower (WAHHOOOO!!!)...and the gun mega shop I visited today they had two M&P .45 with TS........well....one now.:dance3: