PDA

View Full Version : advice needed

paulb
06-21-11, 10:08
any idea on how much to sell my STAG model 2t upper for? complete with arms 40l, bcg, sampson quad rail. i live in NY.....yeah i know:bad:
and things are getting out of hand here. i just dont want to deal with the hassle anymore. got stopped twice at the range "to check if it was NY compliant" anyways thanks for any info and if this is the wrong forum my apologies.

hikeeba
06-21-11, 10:31
Is your Stag upper NY compliant?

I suggest:

1. Shooting somewhere else.
2. If you must part with your upper, surf Gunbroker and/or various EEs to get a feel for what you may be able to sell it for.

SGTMAJ
06-21-11, 13:17
Man where are you at in Ny that they are checking your aR to see if its NYS compliant?

paulb
06-21-11, 16:35
a couple months ago a lot of dealers on NY long island got busted on hidden camera showing buyers how to convert and swap parts on their AR's. these swaps would have made them non ny compliant. anyways the whole thing blew up and here we are now.........stupid SOB's. there is also a lot of people who want to make a name for themselves .....kathleen rice........so its a lot of politics too. i bought my rifle from one of them but it is compliant.
heres the article:
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/long_island&id=7965139
if the link does not work google "ny long island gun dealers busted"

Mike_E
06-23-11, 01:28
Here in California, another Communist state such as yours, a complete standard Stag Arms upper with BCG, buis and no rail fetches in the ballpark of $450. The rail may add another $100 - so I'd imagine a fair price, depending on condition and round count would be around $550.

I've seen a few prospective buyers looking for Stag-specific uppers so I don't think you'll have any trouble selling your upper assembly.

Good luck.

paulb
06-23-11, 03:20
i have shot 600 rounds of pmc through it. the sampson quad rail goes for close to 300 new. i post on the swap forum. thanks

paulb
06-23-11, 03:22
they sell the same upper i think without the quad rail for 525?