PDA

View Full Version : I need advice

M4arc
10-19-07, 11:16
I have a pristine G32 with a G23 and 9mm conversion barrel. It's the perfect little SHTF gun (3 calibers-1 gun) but I never use the darn thing.

On the other hand I recently installed a pair of CTC grips on my G19 and I no longer carry it because it's sort of become my nightstand gun. So I started looking for another G19 to conceal carry.

Should I sell or trade the G32 for another G19?

Yojimbo
10-19-07, 12:34
If you never use the 32 I would sell it and get another 19. Sounds logical to me.;)

John_Wayne777
10-19-07, 12:38
I have a pristine G32 with a G23 and 9mm conversion barrel. It's the perfect little SHTF gun (3 calibers-1 gun) but I never use the darn thing.

On the other hand I recently installed a pair of CTC grips on my G19 and I no longer carry it because it's sort of become my nightstand gun. So I started looking for another G19 to conceal carry.

I owned a G32....got rid of it to get a USP compact that I would shoot and carry more. (Glocks are icky) :D

I'd say that if you aren't shooting the thing and if you don't want it for collector value and you're thinking about trading it in on a weapon you want to carry on your hip a bunch of the time, you've identified the perfect reasons to sell off the gun and get the G19.

EDIT -- Of course, I would be remiss if I didn't tell you to sell the G32 and get yourself a decent handgun like an M&P instead of that Austrian abomination....

M4arc
10-19-07, 12:43
EDIT -- Of course, I would be remiss if I didn't tell you to sell the G32 and get yourself a decent handgun like an M&P instead of that Austrian abomination....

I already have an M&P REMEMBER?

And I guess I could sell the G32 and buy an M&P9c :D

Hawkeye
10-19-07, 12:56
Ditch the 32 and get a new M&P.

Linea_de_Fuego
10-19-07, 12:57

I thought these were the same size, the G19 and G32. So with all the caliber choices you have now what is your goal?

I noticed you wanted another Glock, so are there any considerations for the M&P9c? Do you prefer the Glock over the M&P?

DrMark
10-19-07, 13:26

...now you're talkin'!

DBautista
10-19-07, 13:45
M4arc,

The 26 aint doin' nothing for you?

John_Wayne777
10-19-07, 14:19

"AN" M&P isn't enough.

NOW you're talking!

Paulinski
10-19-07, 14:23
Why so much dislike with Glocks?

ST911
10-19-07, 14:53

That's what I'd do.

I've got no use for a 357SIG, and no interest in the M&P.

John_Wayne777
10-19-07, 15:03

Because they are icky and smelly and they blow up entire orphanages.

.....Well, not really.

I just find myself put off by a weapon that slices up my hand that has poor sights and a trigger pull reminiscent of a staple gun.

YMMV.

Lots of guys here shoot Glocks great and love them. Personally I find that in addition to being sliced up a treat when shooting them that I suck much hose-water with them.

M4arc
10-19-07, 15:14
I thought these were the same size, the G19 and G32. So with all the caliber choices you have now what is your goal?

I noticed you wanted another Glock, so are there any considerations for the M&P9c? Do you prefer the Glock over the M&P?

Yes they are the same size and the G32 with the 9mm conversion barrel is great for plinking but keeping 357SIG and 40S&W on hand isn't what I want to do. I'd rather just stick with 9mm and 45ACP.

M4arc,

The 26 aint doin' nothing for you?

No it's fine but I typically like to carry it when I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Now that the weather is cooling off and I will be wearing a fleece pullover most of the time I'd prefer to carry my G19. Besides, the wife might start carrying the G26 some.

I love Glocks! And my 9mm Glocks aren't going anywhere. However, I really like my M&P as well and will definitely add more to the stable at some point.

KintlaLake
10-19-07, 15:31
...most of the time I'd prefer to carry my G19. Besides, the wife might start carrying the G26 some.

That's the division of labor in our household. ;) DBautista beat me to the question about the G26.

markm
10-19-07, 16:05

I don't get the love of the M&P :confused:

markm
10-19-07, 16:08
I just find myself put off by a weapon that slices up my hand that has poor sights and a trigger pull reminiscent of a staple gun.

I don't get the slicing. And the sights are easily changed....

But I'll give you the staple gun criticism! :D

DBautista
10-19-07, 17:18
M4arc,

As of 5:00 pm 19 Oct, there is a 2nd Gen G19 sitting at the Armory for 375 in the used case. I am sure you can work out some kind of deal.:D

BTW, are you doing the Cape Henry Duathalon in November?

D

Hersh
10-19-07, 17:40
Imho, if you don't have the collector gene and you're not shooting it, unload it for something you want.

Hawkeye
10-19-07, 18:07
You will fall to the M&P. Your trying to tell yourself you like Glocks. I know. I know exactly what your doing.

DrMark
10-19-07, 18:18
I don't get the love of the M&P :confused:

I like Glocks. The platform works well for me; I shoot them pretty well.

When I bought an M&P, and tried it, out of the box I shot it as well as, if not better than, my trusty ole Glock than I brought along for comparison. Ergonomically and in terms of the trigger, I find the M&P tp be a step up from the Glock.

Have you tried an M&P, MarkM-- uh, I mean demigod?

mark5pt56
10-19-07, 19:08
I feel a tad guilty for M4arc still having the 32. He had a trade lined up and I talked him into keeping it. I had one at the time and ended up selling it to buy a SW 41(.22 target) He cussed me for that.

I was only shooting the 32 here and there and had the set up like him(3 barrels) I wanted to reduce ammo inventory and decided it's going, did a package deal with the barrels and ammo.

Get'er gone M4arc!

Speaking of the M&P, I might be trying one out!

Mark

John_Wayne777
10-19-07, 19:11
I don't get the slicing.

Glock slide bite. I'm one of the unfortunate members of the population that gets slide bit. The Glock grip reduction industry pioneered by Robar is a testament to the commonality of the problem.

John_Wayne777
10-19-07, 19:13
You will fall to the M&P. Your trying to tell yourself you like Glocks. I know. I know exactly what your doing.

Come to the Dark Side, Luke....in your heart, you know it's right....[mechanical inhale] [/mechanical exhale]

M4arc
10-19-07, 21:50
M4arc,

As of 5:00 pm 19 Oct, there is a 2nd Gen G19 sitting at the Armory for 375 in the used case. I am sure you can work out some kind of deal.:D

BTW, are you doing the Cape Henry Duathalon in November?

D

I've thought about a 2nd Gen so I might have to check that one out! Thanks for the tip ;)

I'm not planning on doing the duathalon because I'm going to be doing a few cyclocross races in November. Is it being promoted by Kale Running? I'll be the bike pacer for a bunch of their 5ks over the winter so maybe I'll see you out there?

M4arc
10-19-07, 22:01

Mark

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!!!

If you get an M&P then that means one of two things:

1. Hell has frozen over

or

2. They must be good

I can't wait to see how this turns out :D

John_Wayne777
10-19-07, 22:26
Well, it *did* get sort of chilly all of a sudden...

SGB
10-19-07, 23:05
Ditch the 32 and get a new M&P.

Ditto............... unless you wish to step into the light and bask in the glory that is John Moses Browning :D

Hawkeye
10-20-07, 08:14

Mark

:cool:

f.2
10-20-07, 09:58
SIG thread (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=1225).

http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_bucktooth.gif

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/2836/226r407ok.th.jpg (http://img229.imageshack.us/my.php?image=226r407ok.jpg)

DrMark
10-20-07, 10:47
...to buy a SW 41(.22 target)...

I'll trade you my M&P for your Model 41!! [/drool]

:D

I still need to get me a Model 41... they are beautiful. (though my brother did inherit my dad's Model 46, which I can borrow anytime)

Dport
10-20-07, 12:04

Isn't this more of a financial question? Can you or do you want to afford the expense of an additional firearm?

M4arc
10-20-07, 12:10
Isn't this more of a financial question? Can you or do you want to afford the expense of an additional firearm?

It's not really a financial question because I'm not getting rid of the G32 in order to afford a G19. Instead I'm replacing one rarely used handgun with one that will be carried a lot. I'm trying to base all my future (at least for the near future) purchase decisions on usage/practicality.

Does that make sense?

DrMark
10-20-07, 12:19
I'm trying to base all my future (at least for the near future) purchase decisions on usage/practicality.

Does that make sense?

That may be logical, but it doesn't sound very fun.

:p

mark5pt56
10-20-07, 13:33
I'll trade you my M&P for your Model 41!! [/drool]

:D

I still need to get me a Model 41... they are beautiful. (though my brother did inherit my dad's Model 46, which I can borrow anytime)

Did you say 2 M&P's? and extra mags!:eek:

It's freakin cold in here

Dport
10-20-07, 14:07
It's not really a financial question because I'm not getting rid of the G32 in order to afford a G19. Instead I'm replacing one rarely used handgun with one that will be carried a lot. I'm trying to base all my future (at least for the near future) purchase decisions on usage/practicality.

Does that make sense?

Losing dead weight and replacing it with something useful?

M4arc
10-20-07, 19:53
Losing dead weight and replacing it with something useful?

Yep, that's about it. I'm doing it with my bikes too :D

Dport
10-20-07, 20:50
I've been doing the same. I've gotten rid of two guns this year, and I don't miss them in the least. I wouldn't mind getting rid of a couple more guns. I can think of two or three I would have no heartburn getting rid of.

Personally, I'd get rid of the just in case gun to get a gun that I'd use everyday.

DBautista
10-21-07, 11:31

LMK about the bike situation, I am looking for some TT stuff...

M4arc
10-21-07, 18:15
LMK about the bike situation, I am looking for some TT stuff...

You're more than welcome to use my TT bike but I'm not planning on selling it. I don't do enough TTs to warrent buying a new one but I do enough to have a dedicated bike.