PDA

View Full Version : Now, for the man who has everything...

Slater
06-21-11, 13:58
...how 'bout a shave? :p

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43482990/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/

Scoby
06-21-11, 14:54
I swear, if I had $100,000,000 I wouldn't buy one. That's a waste of whatever it's made of.

I've had my $10 Gillette Atra for over a decade. :D

Timbonez
06-21-11, 14:57
Mine is being delivered all by itself on a 747. Just sayin' ;)

ST911
06-21-11, 16:25
Laser treatments would be cheaper. Depending on how much body surface area you're shaving.

ST911
06-21-11, 17:10
Mine is being delivered all by itself on a 747. Just sayin' ;)

Mine is coming on an AN-225. Go big or go home. :D

Suwannee Tim
06-21-11, 17:50
Mine is coming by AF One. President Obama is bringing it. I bought one for each of us, had them both shipped to the WH. He is coming to shoot with me on Friday. Friday, that's my range day. After we get done shooting he's going to help me dig some footings for gateposts and a clothesline. I hope it's not too hot for him.:D Top that guys.

mr_smiles
06-22-11, 04:39
1 of 99 for $100k isn't exactly that rare when you're talking about a $100k for a common razor with a fancy blade, a Picasso lithograph would be better money spent, than again I'm not a big fan of art, I'd much rather have a nice vette and drive the shit out of it. :D

Timbonez
06-22-11, 04:46
Did you read the article? The razor isn't that common. The handle material is quite rare and, like you mentioned, the blade is fancy. I'm sure the demographic that this razor is going to appeal to won't have to worry "Would I rather have this razor or a nice vette and drive the shit out of it?" They'll be able to afford both and then some.

mr_smiles
06-22-11, 07:43
Did you read the article? The razor isn't that common. The handle material is quite rare and, like you mentioned, the blade is fancy. I'm sure the demographic that this razor is going to appeal to won't have to worry "Would I rather have this razor or a nice vette and drive the shit out of it?" They'll be able to afford both and then some.

The kind of person who buys such a thing doesn't drive a vette ;) They would be the kind of person to buy a California Spyder and drives the shit out of it.

And iridium isn't a super rare metal, it's simply PR hype. Gold currently has a stronger demand even though it's mor abundant. And even at around $1k ozt it ain't worth $100k. Why $100k, because the price creates exclusivity, not because it has a true value of any where near $100k. And dumb asses love exclusivity, even with it's 99 others just like it:lol:

BrianS
06-22-11, 14:31
Now, for the man who has everything...

...except common sense.

What I think when I read about this makes me feel like a Communist.