PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Industries BCM upper package Question

davehk
06-21-11, 20:56
http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=275

What's the deal with this uppper? It seems like a good price with the BCG and BCH. Am I missing something here? The spec sheet also says nothing about the barrel being cold hammer forged. Also whats up with the mid length "carbine"? I dont get it... Has anybody bought from this place before?

duece71
06-21-11, 23:18
I have 2 of MIs rear non flip up BUIS and they are very nice. Very robust and easy to use. The upper looks good to me, can hardly go wrong with BCM. Not sure on the price though.

GermanSynergy
06-21-11, 23:21
Pretty sure this has been covered or discussed before....

Try "Search" for your query and you'll find lots of info on BCM, etc.

Hope this helps.

davehk
06-22-11, 00:49
Sorry I see the difference.. Its not a cold hammer forged barrel

The_Hammer_Man
06-22-11, 01:36
the "Carbine" reference is to the overall length of the barrel.

Midlength is the gas system length.

Kind of a trollish question.. a little forethought and a tiny bit of research (FFS! GOOGLE!!!!!) would have answered your questions.

mtdawg169
06-22-11, 06:42
Give the man a break guys. I had no idea that MI was selling BCM through their site & may have considered it suspect if I had run across it on the net.

Icculus
06-22-11, 12:02
Give the man a break guys. I had no idea that MI was selling BCM through their site & may have considered it suspect if I had run across it on the net.

Seriously give him a break. I also didn't know BCM uppers were available through MI and also would have been a bit suspect. Not everyone with a question is a troll.

D13s3L
06-22-11, 14:19
For me, it was a easy way to get my BCM middy with out having to wait for all the parts to be available on the BCM website.

The MI quality is fantastic. The quad rail is very sturdy and light weight and the MI sights are holding up very well.

I teamed this upper with a BCM blem lower from Grant and i've been very satisfied.

A pic of the finished product is attached below.

Ovaj
06-22-11, 14:42
How solid is the MI rail setup?

Got one (T-12) that im on the fence whether to keep or sell and get a Larue/DD or something of the usual suspects.

Let me know, thanks, and nice rifle man!!

D13s3L
06-22-11, 19:38
How solid is the MI rail setup?

Got one (T-12) that im on the fence whether to keep or sell and get a Larue/DD or something of the usual suspects.

Let me know, thanks, and nice rifle man!!

Thanks! It seems to be quite sturdy and light. I like the fit and finish and like that it creates a monolithic rail on top. I've had it for about 4 months now and have easily over 1500+ rounds through that upper combination. Of course there were no failures of any sort. So far, so good!