PDA

View Full Version : Carbine to use with TA33H

decodeddiesel
06-22-11, 12:35
OK this is kind of a weird post, but I have been stumped and I am turning to the forums for help. I recently won a TA33H on eBay for a great price, and I really don't have a rifle to put it on right now.

I initially thought I would put it on my MK18-MOD1 clone, however that gun already has an Aimpoint Micro on it and honestly I see no point of replacing that with an ACOG. My next thought was to throw it on my .223 AK-101 clone with a TWS rail system, and while I may still do this, the TWS is weeks out.

I have a nice LRB AR15 lower with a G&R parts kit sitting around doing nothing, and I have a SOPMOD and an MOE stock available to use in it. Any ideas on an upper to use? I was thinking maybe a 16" BCM lightweight middy with MOE handguards. I know the ballistics of a 16" barrel may not match up well with the BDC in the TA33, but honestly I doubt I would be using this gun for much more than 300-400 meters, and even then that will be very occasionally. On that note, I don't really see a point in dropping $300+ on a free float rail for the gun.

Anyway, any ideas would be appreciated!

Caeser25
06-23-11, 19:26
OK this is kind of a weird post, but I have been stumped and I am turning to the forums for help. I recently won a TA33H on eBay for a great price, and I really don't have a rifle to put it on right now.

I initially thought I would put it on my MK18-MOD1 clone, however that gun already has an Aimpoint Micro on it and honestly I see no point of replacing that with an ACOG. My next thought was to throw it on my .223 AK-101 clone with a TWS rail system, and while I may still do this, the TWS is weeks out.

I have a nice LRB AR15 lower with a G&R parts kit sitting around doing nothing, and I have a SOPMOD and an MOE stock available to use in it. Any ideas on an upper to use? I was thinking maybe a 16" BCM lightweight middy with MOE handguards. I know the ballistics of a 16" barrel may not match up well with the BDC in the TA33, but honestly I doubt I would be using this gun for much more than 300-400 meters, and even then that will be very occasionally. On that note, I don't really see a point in dropping $300+ on a free float rail for the gun.

Anyway, any ideas would be appreciated!

I see no reason to go with any other upper except maybe a Spikes middy as a plinker if you wanna save a few bucks........

Magic_Salad0892
06-24-11, 12:46
I'd wait for the rail, and run it on the AK. That's a cheaper alternative.

Cheaper still, you could learn to run an ACOG on a Mk. 18.

I ran a TA31 ECOS-G on an 11.1'' gun for a while, and it worked well for me. I sold off the RMR though, so it was strictly a 4X sight.

IMHO, if you want to get a new upper, 14.5'' LW Carbine is what I'd run.