PDA

View Full Version : #(^%&!*$#@& HK!!!!....

SteyrAUG
06-23-11, 17:38
So they FINALLY get the MR556 to the wholesalers, which means I can finally start to try and take regular orders and what do they do? They raise the dealer price by $400!

Goddamn effin bastards.

Damn shame too, they are really nice rifles. Oh well, one more gun I guess I won't be selling.

By the way, current "suggested retail" is now $3,295.00

GlockWRX
06-23-11, 17:42
Must be trying to sell them by the pound.

Fr3EK
06-23-11, 17:48
HK may be nice, but that is ridiculous.

alaskacop
06-23-11, 19:25
Does this really surprise anyone?

FMJ556
06-23-11, 19:54
Guess that's the going price for Unobtainium made parts.

bubba04
06-23-11, 20:28
So they FINALLY get the MR556 to the wholesalers, which means I can finally start to try and take regular orders and what do they do? They raise the dealer price by $400!

Goddamn effin bastards.

Damn shame too, they are really nice rifles. Oh well, one more gun I guess I won't be selling.

By the way, current "suggested retail" is now $3,295.00

Thats a shame. I wish they go back to their bread and butter roller lock weapons. And while they are at it come up with an alloy framed P7 or poly frame P7....

Though the market for them I am sure is not there, I fancy them. :)

badness
06-23-11, 20:46
wow they actually RAISED the price? HAHAH! I wonder if it's because they're selling so little of them that they have to raise prices to recoup losses haha. Or maybe they're selling so well that they can't keep up with demand?? hmmm :rolleyes:

KhanRad
06-23-11, 20:59
Devaluing of the US dollar. You can see the same increase in price of other commodities on the market.

SteyrAUG
06-23-11, 23:08
wow they actually RAISED the price? HAHAH! I wonder if it's because they're selling so little of them that they have to raise prices to recoup losses haha. Or maybe they're selling so well that they can't keep up with demand?? hmmm :rolleyes:

All I know is I could easily move a couple dozen of them with a reasonable markup if they were still at the old dealer price. Now that you can actually put them in people's hands and they can see what they are buying (and they are pretty nice) a lot of people want one, or used to when the going rate was about $2600.00 and the suggested retail was $2800.00

Moose-Knuckle
06-24-11, 03:19
Must be trying to sell them by the pound.

ROTFL! :lol:

Damn shame, I've seen several local to me under $3K.

SteyrAUG
06-24-11, 13:33
ROTFL! :lol:

Damn shame, I've seen several local to me under $3K.

But that is a market price. They were once going for $2600 and I even offered them on HKPro for $2450 based on the previous dealer price. At those prices the rifle was a reasonable purchase.

Moose-Knuckle
06-24-11, 15:43
But that is a market price. They were once going for $2600 and I even offered them on HKPro for $2450 based on the previous dealer price. At those prices the rifle was a reasonable purchase.

Yes, but now it's out that JSOC face shooters used an HK416 to secure OBL's heartbeat. I guess that justifies the $400 increase in the MR556.

bigdog2003_99
06-24-11, 22:37
i would have bought one for less than 2400 but now thats just wishful thinking... my 416 upper wasnt too suppressor friendly, it ate a bolt catch and jammed up a few times

JoshNC
06-24-11, 22:55
Well that makes me tempted to buy one at current pricing (ie $2600'ish). Though I am disappointed that the upper will not function in fullauto if used on an M16 lower as the barrel extension's protruding piece on the left side precludes the use of a fullauto bolt carrier without first milling out a recess in the auto carrier. Nonetheless I think the MR556 is a MUST for any collection.

Clobbersauras
06-25-11, 11:51
You aren't a true HK owner unless you've suffered some sort of financial hardship due to your HK purchase.

HK. Because you suck and we hate you.

Tacoma213
06-25-11, 12:22
HK just can't seem to get it right. During a recession, they increase their prices. Maybe they are just trying to stop making them for the public by the justification that they are not selling to the open market. Sad too, because my MR556 fund just became a second MWS fund.

sgtjosh
06-25-11, 13:39
Devaluing of the US dollar. You can see the same increase in price of other commodities on the market.

This must be part of Sarah Brady's "behind the scenes" gun control. Is it 2012 yet?

The Dumb Gun Collector
06-25-11, 16:06
They are totally nuts. I, like Steyr, think the rifle is rather nice. The one I played with was MUCH nicer in fit and finish than the SCAR-17 I was buying. It just looked and felt like top-drawer quality. But CTFO!:bad:

Hunter Rose
06-25-11, 16:49
I don't understand the price hike either. Exchange rates I get, but with some parts being made in the USA I would have hoped it could have absorbed economic fluctuations better. At a street price of $2500-$2700 it was competitive with the SCAR and other modern carbines. A $3295 MSRP means street price will soon be a solid $3000-3100, and at that price I think I would start bitching about its weight too. I am glad I jumped and went ahead and got mine.

What really hurts is when you look at the MSRP of the MR762. It's over $4K, and my MR556 REALLY wants a big brother. Guess I'll have to eat Ramen for awhile.

armakraut
06-25-11, 19:53
When I heard about the price increase coming down the pipeline, I ran and got mine, because I didn't want to pay more for a rifle that still had the lack of chrome and a heavy ass barrel.

Sigmax
06-25-11, 20:07
When I heard about the price increase coming down the pipeline, I ran and got mine, because I didn't want to pay more for a rifle that still had the lack of chrome and a heavy ass barrel.

Ditto. Mine is on layaway & I pick it up next week. I though $2550 was a bit high at the time but they gave me the heads up that the price increase was coming.

montrala
06-26-11, 06:00
MR223 cost in Germany in between of $3,700 and $4,100. Just to give you some perspective.

jagdkommando
06-26-11, 10:34
They don't sell well at $2500, I don't think a $400 dollar increase was a good idea for HK.

ChocLab
06-26-11, 12:47
Some local PDs are getting HK416s for their Swat teams. Wondering what LEO agencies are paying for the real thing?

KhanRad
06-26-11, 12:53
i'd be game for a 416 if even at the higher price if it was closer to the military version and didnt weigh 10lbs.

SteyrAUG
06-26-11, 13:00
i'd be game for a 416 if even at the higher price if it was closer to the military version and didnt weigh 10lbs.

8.60 lbs.

Army Chief
06-26-11, 13:17
MR223 cost in Germany in between of $3,700 and $4,100. Just to give you some perspective.

Agree and disagree, simply because EVERYTHING costs more in Germany because of the MwSt, if nothing else. Something about having to pay a 19% Value Added Tax keeps most consumer goods on what we would consider the high end of the scale. This applies just as readily to their rifles as it does to their cars, and has only grown worse in the Euro currency era. Case in point: I bought a new US-spec BMW M3 in 2004 for just under $55k ($50k military sales price). A German friend bought an almost identically-configured model (on the Germany economy) and paid more than $75k. It's just something a fact of life in Europe.

Either way, the MR might have interested me if it were priced on par with something like the the SR-15E3 or SCAR 16s, but as it stands right now, there is precious little incentive for non-HK loyalists to give it serious consideration north of $3k. I'm sure it is a top-drawer rifle, but the cost:benefit ratio just isn't there for me personally.

AC

LRS RGR
06-26-11, 14:57
Way too much money for what you get. Unless you are an H&K "uber-fan"!

Better to take the money for ammo, parts, training and range time. IMHO!

superstratjunky
06-26-11, 15:13
What is so special about this rifle? Are any parts compatible with a regular AR? At that price, I could have 2 top name brand custom AR's Just saying!:D

SteyrAUG
06-26-11, 18:07
What is so special about this rifle? Are any parts compatible with a regular AR? At that price, I could have 2 top name brand custom AR's Just saying!:D

Kinda like Knights, nice but costs more than other options.

WAR FACE
06-26-11, 20:28

They do not have chrome lined barrels? :confused:

fhpchris
06-26-11, 20:28
Yes, but now it's out that JSOC face shooters used an HK416 to secure OBL's heartbeat. I guess that justifies the $400 increase in the MR556.

Time magazine said they used MK18s.

armakraut
06-26-11, 20:29

Yep, no chrome lined barrels.

Abraxas
06-26-11, 21:02
HK. Because you suck and we hate you. I wish the mods had not edited the original rant all of those moons ago where I first read that line. I like HK but I also hate them.

WAR FACE
06-26-11, 21:10
So a heavy $4000 piston AR with no chrome. I'll stick with my ospray converted bushmaster even though it does not have hk stamped on the side :(

S-1
06-26-11, 21:10
Some local PDs are getting HK416s for their Swat teams. Wondering what LEO agencies are paying for the real thing?

I think department price on the 416 is in the $2,200-2,400 range.

masakari
06-26-11, 21:12
I dont understand why anyone would want this rifle. Or anything HK for that matter. Their business practices are disgusting.

superstratjunky
06-26-11, 21:27
I dont understand why anyone would want this rifle. Or anything HK for that matter. Their business practices are disgusting.I agree.

SteyrAUG
06-26-11, 23:39

No, Match Grade barrels usually aren't.

Hunter Rose
06-26-11, 23:40
What's so "disgusting" about their business practices? They make a product and set a price. If the price is too high or the value/price relationship is not what you want, simply don't buy the product. You make it sound like they are using forced child labor or indentured servitude.

Ed L.
06-26-11, 23:50

Time Magazine is hardly an authoritative source on fireamrs or the military.

Larry Vickers and others in positions to know have said that they used HK416s.

Moose-Knuckle
06-27-11, 00:02

These guys are pretty switched on and have extensive contacts with in the Special Operation community.

http://soldiersystems.net/2011/05/03/rumor-has-it/

Time Magazine. . .not so much.

Turnkey11
06-27-11, 00:27
You make it sound like they are using forced child labor or indentured servitude.

Hell, Id probably buy one if they advertised that they did.:D

fhpchris
06-27-11, 01:36

I do not remember seeing a post with Vickers ever saying that, or him saying he has operational knowledge of the operation at all.

These guys are pretty switched on and have extensive contacts with in the Special Operation community.

http://soldiersystems.net/2011/05/03/rumor-has-it/

Time Magazine. . .not so much.
Oh yea, the site that said it was a 7.62 colt CM 901 at first. I do not really put a ton of trust on them. Next week they could cross out half of the text that is remaining and claim a MP7 did it like some Paris news agency did. This german one says the same thing...http://www.bild.de/politik/ausland/al-qaida/bestaetigt-tod-von-bin-laden-17769682.bild.html

Who knows though. Why does it even matter? It really does not look like it was some hour long firefight and the news has said that he was not even armed.

I just want to hear something from a reliable source here, and I believe that trusting a website with, "good connections" that misreported the very same thing or a retired operator who probably knows that even if he knows whats going on that blabbermouthing operational details on the public internet is also frowned upon. I guess if we want the pics we just need to have Vickers fax them to us eh?

What is next? Do we all buy eotechs just because the gun that killed an un-armed man had one on it?

I do not think that asking for a first-hand source here is all that big of a deal.

Moose-Knuckle
06-27-11, 01:51
I do not remember seeing a post with Vickers ever saying that, or him saying he has operational knowledge of the operation at all.

LAV was hired by Heckler & Koch as a consultant on the 416 and being a former JSOC employee I'd say, yeah he ****ing knows a thing or two that you, I, and Time magazine do not. . .

Oh yea, the site that said it was a 7.62 colt CM 901 at first. I do not really put a ton of trust on them.

Yet you trust Time Magazine. . .:confused:

Who knows though. Why does it even matter?

Who said it did? My original comment was a jab at H&K's price hike on the 416.

What is next? Do we all buy eotechs just because the gun that killed an un-armed man had one on it?

WTF?!?!?

armakraut
06-27-11, 02:31

Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2ekrez9.jpg

Failure2Stop
06-27-11, 04:36
Keep it on topic.

montrala
06-27-11, 07:30
Agree and disagree, simply because EVERYTHING costs more in Germany because of the MwSt, if nothing else. Something about having to pay a 19% Value Added Tax keeps most consumer goods on what we would consider the high end of the scale.

So the MSRP netto price for Germany (less VAT tax of 19%) is $3445 (and best deal price is still over $3000 less tax). Then again, there is some kind of sales tax in US I believe.

Anyway, MR556A1 for HK standards still is not high in US, taxes or not :) It's like with mentioned M3 - you can not buy M3 cheaper than BMW wants to sell it to you. You want cheaper? You do not buy M3 and you can always get RS3 or Evo :smile: Both good cars if not better (Evo is better im my book - had both).

You do not want to pay for MR556A1, you buy SR15E3 - cheaper and maybe even better :smile:

RHINOWSO
06-27-11, 11:08
I'd love to get one, but that price is too high for me. Went with a SCAR 16S instead for $2100.

In general, I think HK pistols are worth it.

Cheers,

Rhino

SteyrAUG
06-27-11, 13:05
I'd love to get one, but that price is too high for me. Went with a SCAR 16S instead for $2100.

In general, I think HK pistols are worth it.

Cheers,

Rhino

I happen to think HK is going to sell a LOT of SCARs with their price jump.

Magic_Salad0892
06-27-11, 13:11
I happen to think HK is going to sell a LOT of SCARs with their price jump.

They're going to sell a lot of KAC/LMT guns too, for dudes who don't want to invest in another rifle system.

If Colt ever puts out their piston/hybrid piston gun, I have no doubt it'll outsell the HK offering at this price.

montrala
06-27-11, 13:22
They're going to sell a lot of KAC/LMT guns too, for dudes who don't want to invest in another rifle system.

If Colt ever puts out their piston/hybrid piston gun, I have no doubt it'll outsell the HK offering at this price.

Once I was told that there are two basic marketing strategies: one is to sell a lot of it, second is to sell it high.

This days one is more Chinese way, second is more German way.

Guess what is HK strategy :smile:

Of course if you try hard, you can go bankrupt with both of those strategies, but this is another story.

bondmid003
07-01-11, 18:45

the first statement sums it up, time magazine is the last place I would look for accurate info on firearms