PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum, learning a crapton

shaneinhisroom
06-24-11, 11:50
Hey guys, I just got my account verified so I can post but I have been lurking here for a while, and learning as much as I could after I bought my first AR-15.

I have a RRA Operator 2 16" Middy right now, which is bone stock, fitted with a VFG and Aimpoint T-1 on it. I bought it without doing much research and even though I regret the monetary loss, I am glad I made the purchase so that I can learn and train on the AR platform. It's been VERY reliable, never had a malfunction, but I do plan on eventually getting a new castle nut and staking it properly, and I have verified that my BCG is one of the ones that was properly staked. Other than that I'm not fixing what's not broken.

I'm doing a second build right now and so far, I have the BCM BCG that came in stock a few days ago (now out of stock, wow they go fast). I plan on buying a BCM lightweight midlength 14.5" upper with DD Lite rails, and outfit that with a LMT or Spike's lower and Magpul MOE stock. Gissele SSA trigger. I'll get a stubby VFG, and stick my Aimpoint T-1 on it and a Surefire Scout light on it and be done with it. The goal is a light weight SHTF rifle that is no frills and no uneeded extras. Suggestions are welcome, this is not laid in stone but I think it's going to be a solid gun I keep next to my bedside.

I'm still learning but this site is a great resource that has helped me infinitely in learning about the AR platform. Thanks for reading!