PDA

View Full Version : Very weird conversation

Gunfighter.45
06-24-11, 15:42
Just got back from my local gun shop. Man ol man I just had the weirdest conversation with another customer. To Keep the story short this guy actually polishes his bullets but (NOT!!) range ammo no no!! Just self defense ammo.. makes sense. This guy went out to his car and comes back with two single stack mags.. and the bullets sure enough are (gleaming). So he explains that fingers tips have acid and that can take the luster away from the jacket so he uses brasso to clean them. Okay so has anyone here ever heard and or have the time to polish bullets?

BCmJUnKie
06-24-11, 15:48
So he polishes the projectile or the entire case/ projectile???

Sounds tedious. My bullets go off and hit the target where I want, Plus I rotate my bullets out. Lol How often I wonder does he do that?
You know, old men get bored, They gotta find stuff to do to keep busy haha

dhrith
06-24-11, 15:56
Christ, I hope I find enough time to polish bullets some day. Because if I do, I'm going fishing.

Gunfighter.45
06-24-11, 16:01
So he polishes the projectile or the entire case/ projectile???

Sounds tedious. My bullets go off and hit the target where I want, Plus I rotate my bullets out. Lol How often I wonder does he do that?
You know, old men get bored, They gotta find stuff to do to keep busy haha

I guess..you know something he was around in his late 50's. As far as I saw it was entire bullet. LOL they looked very clean.

Gunfighter.45
06-24-11, 16:03
Christ, I hope I find enough time to polish bullets some day. Because if I do, I'm going fishing.

LOL hahahahahahaha!!!

BCmJUnKie
06-24-11, 16:06
LOL The old retired guys around here just chop down the trees in their yards HAhahaha!! Where does it say that when you reach a certain age you have to chop down all the trees in your yard? And it dont even look good lol

MAUSER202
06-24-11, 17:55
Wow sounds like he needs a girlfriend.

one
06-24-11, 17:56
I may be mistaken but doesn't Brasso contain ammonia which is supposed to weaken brass casings? I know there's back and forth debate on it's use in tumblers to clean brass.

Trajan
06-24-11, 21:08
I heard this at my CCW class, but the instructor was a gamer.

The acid from your fingers probably will damage the copper.

In twenty years.

Smuckatelli
06-24-11, 23:28
I was a middle of the rank grad at the USMC Sniper School, the honor grad at the 2nd ID Sniper School at Camp Casey. I learned about polishing the bullets...caressing the action...wearing the same underpants.......

If you are getting to that micro degree....you should probably give up you AR and wait for the perfect weather, underwear, mindset, what you ate last night, the position of the stars & planets.......

At the end of the day, if your shot depends on the above......you need to get more practice shooting your weapon.

Moose-Knuckle
06-25-11, 00:22
I've only heard people doing this if they don't want their latent prints identified on spent shell casings.

Iraqgunz
06-25-11, 03:06
I have also heard that Brasso can penetrate into the primer and bullet area and eventually into the round. I have no idea, nor do I really care. Next time you talk with him ask him how much time he actually spends shooting/ training.

rob_s
06-25-11, 05:16
Everyone should work in a gunshop for a week. The stupid shit you will hear...
:jester:

QuietShootr
06-25-11, 07:26
Everyone should work in a gunshop for a week. The stupid shit you will hear...
:jester:

That's for ****ing sure. I actually heard a piece of stupidity this week I'd never heard before.

We have a local guy who has apparently started manufacturing suppressors. I was in the gun shop when he brought some of his wares in to demonstrate (they have a trap with a H U G E log in it in the back of the shop for demoing suppressors). He had a little .22 can that was rather nifty, about the size of a standard pill bottle (it was a wet can, of course). I was kind of down with the whole schpiel until he said, "You know the reason most people miss their target? Noise! This will be perfect for women to carry in their purse on a P22 or something like that - they can just [demonstrates] whip it out of their purse, stick it in the guy's hip and pop pop!"

"Wait. Are you actually telling people to shoot somebody in the hip?"

"Yeah! Most women don't wanna kill anybody, and that will work to make 'em stop what they're doing!"

"Dude, you better stick to making suppressors, because you're going to get someone locked up, sued, or killed with that kind of advice."

"What!?! It's always better not to kill someone!"

http://www.chaobell.net/newgallery/d/2327-2/worffacepalm.gif

GermanSynergy
06-25-11, 10:39
1911 shooter?

Cobra66
06-25-11, 10:41
I have also heard that Brasso can penetrate into the primer and bullet area and eventually into the round.

This would be my primary concern.

Gunfighter.45
06-25-11, 11:14
Okay guys just for shits and grins. Will have a bullet shining contest!! LOL hahahahahah. JUST KIDDING:jester:

skyugo
06-25-11, 13:40
I heard this at my CCW class, but the instructor was a gamer.

The acid from your fingers probably will damage the copper.

In twenty years.

i use the level of tarnish as an indicator that it's time to change out my damn carry ammo :o