PDA

View Full Version : Trauma Management Training

MK18
06-25-11, 00:14
Active Trauma Management

In the fairness of disclosure and for some exposure for the training group I assist with, I wanted to make a post describing Active Trauma Management.

We are based in Indiana and will travel to supply training. We like to keep our classes around 12 to allow for proper instructor interaction and to allow for adequate hands on demonstrations. We supply all the equipment needed along with hand outs for future reference. We have trained local police officers and civilians ranging from gun enthusiast to lawyers making this training useful for all walks of life.

Below is a cover statement the owner has made to describe the classes and the company. If you are interested, our upcoming class schedule is posted on the website. If you have any questions, you can use the email below, PM me, or post under this topic.

Hi,
I'd like to take a minute and introduce a new company - Active Trauma Management, Inc. We're here to train
people on how to deal with major and moderate trauma. The types of trauma we typically focus on are the result
of a shooting or stabbing, but realistically the treatments we teach for a wound are the same no matter what the
cause is. You treat bleeding with direct pressure regardless if it's from a shooting, a kitchen mishap, or a car
wreck.

Between deployments, as a contractor, I developed training blocks to cross train my team. I took the 3 leading
causes of potentially preventable death and created training blocks using Tactical Combat Casualty Care principles.
When I got home I adapted these for use in the US.

So far I've been running 2 main courses.

* Trauma Care 1 and 2 - what to do in the event of violent trauma, active shooter, home invasion, or robbery. We cover some of the fundamental principles of security, moving to a patient, then treating the patient.

* Range Safety Trauma Care 1 and 2 - we look at some of the day to day moderate to severe injuries you can run into whenever you have people mixed with firearms (or sharp things). We also look at assisting you with a range emergency plan and assembling a first aid bag. (A range is not required to teach this class as it can be taught indoors)

We have courses scheduled for the Indianapolis area and in Shelby County over the summer. We hope that you take a few minutes to
look over the web page, and if you have any questions please send us an e-mail (info@activetraumamanagement.com), I try to reply within 24-48 hours.

Thanks.

Welcome to Active Trauma Management!
info at activetraumamanagement.com
**remove the spaces and replace the at with @ to reduce spam.**