PDA

View Full Version : where are the DD MK18s?

brzusa.1911
06-25-11, 14:24
I cannot find the complete rifles anywhere, hoping to pick one up. Any ideas where to find them?

Ghost__1
06-25-11, 17:01
I've been searching forever for just an upper and it seems those too are impossible to find. I feel that the demand for these are just to high for DD to keep up with right now.

M4Guru
06-25-11, 17:06
There's a MK18 upper from DD sitting on the wall at Grey Group right now, call them up.

Ghost__1
06-25-11, 17:24
There's a MK18 upper from DD sitting on the wall at Grey Group right now, call them up.

SSSHHHH It WAS my best kept secret. Actually talked to him everytime I go in about it. Thats the plan but waiting for paperwork to clear the ATF. Now its gonna be Gone ;)

bsmith_shoot
06-25-11, 17:51
Keep an eye on AIM Surplus, they have the MK18 uppers regularly.

StevieJ309
06-25-11, 21:25
Rainier Arms has the upper in stock right now.

Fire_Medic
06-25-11, 21:30
You can check DSG arms too, and they have one hell of a price if you qualify for the LE discount.......:eek:

Ghost__1
06-25-11, 21:33
Rainier Arms has the upper in stock right now.

Good deal. I was just there last week and could swear they were out. Still I think I'll give the business to Grey Group. I'm for the local economy when possible. If someone picks it up before I can tho I'll def go with rainier. They are pretty top notch.

LONGBOWAH
06-26-11, 04:55
Keep an eye on AIM Surplus, they have the MK18 uppers regularly.

They just did...and at a very good price (beats my .mil discount from the factory by a long shot)...but they sell out quickly.

Ghost__1
06-26-11, 07:20
They just did...and at a very good price (beats my .mil discount from the factory by a long shot)...but they sell out quickly.

Its going going going All gone from AIM already.

cgbills
06-26-11, 17:44
Look at the Noveske Mk18 as well. I have been looking at that one pretty hard. I can get it at a pretty good price with a military discount. DSG Arms had them for sale a couple days ago.

An Undocumented Worker
06-26-11, 18:59
I had DD build me an 18" upper earlier this year with the S2W barrel, fixed FSB, 12" DD lite rail midlength FSP, their bolt carrier etc. I mated this to a lower with an A5 reciever extension/buffer, Geissele SDC, and a Battlecomp up front.

It's a rediculously smooth shooting rifle in this configuration. When doing some accuracy testing I mounted a TA-11H to it and it seemed to really like Black Hills bluebox 77grn and 69grn ammo. I was able to get a 3/4 moa 10 rnd group with the 77grn ammo with this rifle. I'm not the best or most experienced shooter so it may be able to do better. What I found interesting is that it didn't like the Black Hills blue box 75grn ammo, may be harmonics, or a mediocre lot, go figure.

jonconsiglio
06-27-11, 08:44
I had DD build me an 18" upper earlier this year with the S2W barrel, fixed FSB, 12" DD lite rail midlength FSP, their bolt carrier etc. I mated this to a lower with an A5 reciever extension/buffer, Geissele SDC, and a Battlecomp up front.

It's a rediculously smooth shooting rifle in this configuration. When doing some accuracy testing I mounted a TA-11H to it and it seemed to really like Black Hills bluebox 77grn and 69grn ammo. I was able to get a 3/4 moa 10 rnd group with the 77grn ammo with this rifle. I'm not the best or most experienced shooter so it may be able to do better. What I found interesting is that it didn't like the Black Hills blue box 75grn ammo, may be harmonics, or a mediocre lot, go figure.

The mk18 has a 10.3" or 10.5" barrel and in the current configuration, uses a DD mk18 9.5" RIS II. The mk12 has the 18" barrel and uses the KAC RAS rail. I thinkyou may have gotten them confused. Nice gun you have either way though.

Mk18 upper on Noveske lower.
http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee343/jonconsiglio/Forums/IMG_1486.jpg

Marler5811
06-27-11, 11:32
Our MK18 Uppers and Factory SBRs are hot ticket items right now. And as previously mentioned, our back log exceeds our current production capacity. At this time all MK18 URGS and Rifles are built to order. We do not keep any in inventory. Lead time on SBRs is approximately 6-8 weeks from date of order. MK18 URGs are typically 2-4 weeks. These are Perfect World estimates and are only accurate if we have all subassemblies in stock to build the above. Anyone who want to order these, just give us a call.

S/F
Joe

GunnutAF
06-27-11, 16:25
Sound like it's time to exspand and hire more folks! Lord know theres a few million looking for work!:rolleyes:

06-27-11, 20:22
There's one at Gun Gallery in Jax on the wall. It's been there for a month or two with no bites.

Marler5811
06-28-11, 08:00
Sound like it's time to exspand and hire more folks! Lord know theres a few million looking for work!:rolleyes:

I can assure you that we are doing both!

Iraqgunz
06-28-11, 08:07
Do you always have to add some sarcastic smiley face when making a post? I'm not sure if you were serious or trying to cause shit.

Iraqgunz
06-28-11, 08:08
Joe,

Thank you for coming in and taking time from your schedule to address this.

I can assure you that we are doing both!