PDA

View Full Version : Takedown/Pivot Pin Detent - where to get one???

Rhat
06-26-11, 18:04
So, I was putting my lower together and one of the pivot/takedown detents went flying. I literally spent 2 hours looking for it.

Anyone know where I can get a new one without spending the $7-$10 in shipping costs for a $0.50 part? :suicide2:

mark5pt56
06-26-11, 18:15
Quick fix is go to the hardware store and pick up a section of hardened brass rod. Finish one end with a file, polish and cut the spring end, clean with a file and it'll work well. Then you have about 30 more left on that rod. Next time your order some spare parts--get a bunch of them.

Piano wire will be better which the hardware store should have also.

And while I'm at it--AR trigger/hammer pins work great for AK flash hider detent's once cut and shaped. Especially on those ones that are super sloppy and need tightening up.

Rattlehead
06-26-11, 18:20
Next time your order some spare parts--get a bunch of them.

Whenever I place an order with Grant, I always order a couple of detents, springs, pins, misc. spare parts, even if I don't need them. They're so cheap it's a 'might as well' buy.

seb5
06-26-11, 21:22
PM me you infio and I'll send you your way.

Rhat
06-26-11, 21:37
PM me you infio and I'll send you your way.

You are a good man. Thank you!

I'll be sure to order spares with my next parts/mags/etc. order as others mentioned, but this is huge so I don't have to waste $10 on shipping. I'll be sure to pay it forward! :thank_you2: