PDA

View Full Version : Best *available* G19 .22 conversion kit?

Wilco
06-27-11, 08:42
Hey guys.

I've been looking for an Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit for my G19 for quite awhile, and keep hearing of two year waits - in fact I just ordered one, and then called today for an ETA and was told "they have been on B.O. since 2008, and there are 573 people in line in front of you". Wow!

The question is, is there someone, anyone that can actually get these, and if not, is there another maker you would suggest?

Thanks much!

Hizzie
06-27-11, 09:34
I was lucky enough that my local LE Dealer had 1 in stock. Spare mags were not so easy, those took a while to locate. The AA kit runs great as long as you follow the ammo recs and lube it up. It is lighter than the 9mm slide barrel assembly and def recoils less. The filthy quality of 22lr requires a cleaner like GunScrubber after the fact to get the crap out of your frame. It fits regular holsters and the mags fit in normal mag pouches. Overall it is a great piece of kit and worth the money. I unfortunately can't compare it to the TacSol kit as I've never even seen one.

Check the message boards for a used one if time is not on your side.

Good luck.

Buckshot TX
06-27-11, 21:48
The only other option as of now for the G19 is the Ciener unit - a name synonomous with buyer's remorse:(. Some of them work, some don't, & you're on your own to deal with it. Finding an AA (esp. for a G19) is a pain, but it's the only decent unit available.

rathos
06-27-11, 22:24
huh, I saw two of these in a local gun store the other day. They won't ship though.

stmcelroy
06-27-11, 23:03
Local dealer has 5-6 Advantage Arms conversion kits available most of the time at reasonable prices. I think your best bet it to find out what dealers stock them.

Travis B
06-28-11, 06:35
Just keep searching. I have an AA Kit for my G21 and it's amazing, as long as you follow their ammunition guidelines.

See if any of these fit your fancy:
http://elitedealseeker.com/index.cgi?searchword=advantage+arms&category=gunstuff&ageupperlimit=28&function=Search

vigilant2
06-28-11, 06:53
Wow, thats some backorder. I have the AA conversion for the G19,purchased from a local dealer last year. The range/gun shop that I'm
a member of just started carrying them in February and they have 3 each of the G19 and G26 conversion kits. I'd say start checking out
everyone of your local and not so local dealers. The kits are available in the "brick and mortar world" not so much in cyberspace evidently.

Wilco
06-28-11, 07:18
would any of you mind PM'ing me the name of the shops in your area that have them?

jamaicanj
06-28-11, 10:55
Today may be your lucky day. This is where I ordered my AA kit from and as of this post they have the 19 kit in stock

http://www.cmcgov.com/store/pc/Advantage-Arms-Glock-LE-19-23-22LR-Conversion-Kit-for-19-23-25-32-38-IN-STOCK-214p590.htm

DaveR
06-28-11, 11:00
As jamaicanj said cmc has them. Jump on it and you will have it in less than a week.

Magazines are cheaper here at 14.75
http://www.ambientsw.com/admagle1923.html

Dave

Wilco
06-28-11, 12:05
Thanks guys. I have a Gen 3 glock, why does the AA kits say not to use with a Gen 4? Just curious.

jamaicanj
06-28-11, 12:13
Thanks guys. I have a Gen 3 glock, why does the AA kits say not to use with a Gen 4? Just curious.

I'm not sure about the exact reason behind it but if they advise against it I'd listen up. As an example of following instructions, AA advises against using the AA kit with the ghost rocket connector. I initially missed that warning when I ordered my kit. Got it home, saw the warning, but went to the range just the same. Well, the kit would not work at all with my ghost connector. I had to remove my cover plate and strip the slide (not completely) to get it off as the traditional take down of squeezing the trigger etc was no longer an option.

I love my kit. It makes range time painfree in the $$$ pocket as I buy Remington golden bullets at walmart for under $20

DaveR
06-28-11, 12:21
I'm just guessing, but the recoil set up on Gen 4s is a dual spring, like the Gen 3 G26. I don't think there's much else different in the trigger system.

Wonder if you could use an AA kit for G26 on either Gen3 or Gen4?

Dave