PDA

View Full Version : New Noveske "Project Ares" 5.56mm Battle Rifle!

Omni Guns
06-27-11, 10:51
This listing constitutes the formal release of the much anticipated Noveske Rifleworks / Omni Guns & Ammo “Project Ares” 5.56mm carbine. This weapons system is built around the new Noveske flared forged lower, Noveske flat top upper receiver and a Knight’s Armament URX RAS (Rifle) handguard. Never before has a Noveske factory assembled rifle been offered with a Knight’s rail system.

Complete “Project Ares” specifications: --
--14.5" 5.56mm Stainless Barrel
--1 in 7" twist polygonal rifling
--Extended Feed Ramps
--Black KG coating finish on barrel
--MP HP tested with certification
--Mil Spec Phosphate finish
--Mid length gas system
--1/2x28 threads
--Low-profile gas block pinned to barrel
--Geissele two-stage (SSA)-trigger
--Flat-top upper receiver
--Knight’s Armament URX RAS (Rifle) Handguard
--Shot peened and MP tested bolt
--Auto carrier with properly staked carrier key
--Gun Fighter Charging Handle
--AAC 51T Brakeout Flash Suppressor, pinned for 16" OAL
--Forged Lower with:
--Mil-Spec receiver extension
--Noveske QD End Plate, staked
--H Buffer
--Magpul CTR Carbine stock
--Knights rear sight
--Magpul MIAD pistol grip
--One 30 rd mag included or one 10rd mag for California residents

THIS RIFLE IS A NOVESKE RIFLEWORKS FACTORY ASSEMBLED, FACTORY WARRANTIED WEAPONS SYSTEM. IT IS AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY THROUGH OMNI GUNS & AMMO AND OUR NETWORK OF DEALERS. OMNI GUNS & AMMO IS A TOP 5 NOVESKE DISTRIBUTOR LOCATED IN THE DALLAS / FT. WORTH, TEXAS AREA. THIS RIFLE IS NOT AVAILABLE THROUGH NOVESKE. PLEASE DO NOT CALL NOVESKE DIRECTLY. IT WILL ONLY SLOW DOWN THE PROCESS. THEY ARE FOCUSING ON THEIR STANDARD PRODUCT LINE AND PRODUCTION. THESE RIFLES MUST BE ORDERED DIRECTLY FROM OMNI GUNS & AMMO OR ONE OF OUR DISTRIBUTORS.

The sales of “Project Ares” weapons systems are being managed by Sami Costelow. Sami was formerly with Noveske Rifleworks in Grants Pass, Oregon. She recently relocated to Texas and joined the team at Omni Guns & Ammo on June 1, 2011. We expect demand for this product to be enormous and truly appreciate Sami’s hard work to earn your business. You can reach Omni Guns & Ammo at 972-786-2521 9am to 4pm central time, Monday through Friday or contact us by email at sales@omniguns.com.

This rifle is only available in two configurations. “Project Ares” with Magpul CTR Stock is $2250.00. “Project Ares” with LMT SOPMOD Stock is $2405.00. This rifle is also available in a California legal configuration. (+25.00 for bullet button)

Omni Guns & Ammo is veteran owned and operated.

https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=8874&d=1309188778

https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=8875&d=1309189668

Magic_Salad0892
06-27-11, 11:19
if they offered a CL version I would say this is the 2nd best factory offering on the market.

As of right now, it'd be my second choice for a precision gun. I guess.

All I know, is that I like it. A lot.

ReaperAZ
06-27-11, 11:29
Looks pretty promising.

Stickman
06-27-11, 11:33
Its nice to see you guys finally release the info, as opposed to the fiasco on the other site. People can get direct and legit info now, and thats a good thing. I wish John would have had one on hand when I was down there.

I think this offering should do well for you.

Omni Guns
06-27-11, 12:12
Thank you Stick. Much more preparation went into this.
Kevin

Cincinnatus
06-27-11, 12:21
As a personal friend of the owner of Omniguns, and having bought through them, I can vouch that getting a Noveske through them (they are a distributor, not just a dealer) is the way to go. This particular rifle can only be had through Omniguns. Furthermore, Kevin is a great guy and will deal honestly with you; you will not find a more friendly or helpful dealer than he.

OTO27
06-27-11, 12:40
Where in the DFW area are you guys located? I am in Grand Prairie and would like to see one of these in person. Dang I dont really need another 5.56 gun but that looks nice.

Cincinnatus
06-27-11, 12:41
Where in the DFW area are you guys located? I am in Grand Prairie and would like to see one of these in person. Dang I dont really need another 5.56 gun but that looks nice.

Lewisville. You will need to call and make an appointment.

Leonidas01
06-27-11, 13:07
This listing constitutes the formal release of the much anticipated Noveske Rifleworks / Omni Guns & Ammo “Project Ares” 5.56mm battle rifle. This weapons system is built around the new Noveske flared forged lower, Noveske flat top upper receiver and a Knight’s Armament URX RAS (Rifle) handguard. Never before has a Noveske factory assembled rifle been offered with a Knight’s rail system.

Complete “Project Ares” specifications: --
--14.5" 5.56mm Stainless Barrel
--1 in 7" twist polygonal rifling
--Extended Feed Ramps
--Black KG coating finish on barrel
--MP HP tested with certification
--Mil Spec Phosphate finish
--Mid length gas system
--1/2x28 threads
--Low-profile gas block pinned to barrel
--Geissele two-stage (SSA)-trigger
--Flat-top upper receiver
--Knight’s Armament URX RAS (Rifle) Handguard
--Shot peened and MP tested bolt
--Auto carrier with properly staked carrier key
--Gun Fighter Charging Handle
--AAC 51T Brakeout Flash Suppressor, pinned for 16" OAL
--Forged Lower with:
--Mil-Spec receiver extension
--Noveske QD End Plate, staked
--H Buffer
--Magpul CTR Carbine stock
--Knights rear sight
--Magpul MIAD pistol grip
--One 30 rd mag included or one 10rd mag for California residents

THIS RIFLE IS A NOVESKE RIFLEWORKS FACTORY ASSEMBLED, FACTORY WARRANTIED WEAPONS SYSTEM. IT IS AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY THROUGH OMNI GUNS & AMMO AND OUR NETWORK OF DEALERS. OMNI GUNS & AMMO IS A TOP 5 NOVESKE DISTRIBUTOR LOCATED IN THE DALLAS / FT. WORTH, TEXAS AREA. THIS RIFLE IS NOT AVAILABLE THROUGH NOVESKE. PLEASE DO NOT CALL NOVESKE DIRECTLY. IT WILL ONLY SLOW DOWN THE PROCESS. THEY ARE FOCUSING ON THEIR STANDARD PRODUCT LINE AND PRODUCTION. THESE RIFLES MUST BE ORDERED DIRECTLY FROM OMNI GUNS & AMMO OR ONE OF OUR DISTRIBUTORS.

The sales of “Project Ares” weapons systems are being managed by Sami Costelow. Sami was formerly with Noveske Rifleworks in Grants Pass, Oregon. She recently relocated to Texas and joined the team at Omni Guns & Ammo on June 1, 2011. We expect demand for this product to be enormous and truly appreciate Sami’s hard work to earn your business. You can reach Omni Guns & Ammo at 972-786-2521 9am to 4pm central time, Monday through Friday or contact us by email at sales@omniguns.com.

This rifle is only available in two configurations. “Project Ares” with Magpul CTR Stock is $2250.00. “Project Ares” with LMT SOPMOD Stock is $2405.00. This rifle is also available in a California legal configuration. (+25.00 for bullet button)

Omni Guns & Ammo is veteran owned and operated.

https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=8874&d=1309188778

https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=8875&d=1309189668

In my opinion i think that is one of the nicest configurations on the market right now! Good job Noveske and Omni Guns and Ammo. Omni you have served us well in California thus far and appreciate your business!:)

Omni Guns
06-27-11, 14:14
Many thanks for the kind words.

Duffy
06-27-11, 16:29
You guys should put our selectors on these very nice weapons ;)

Leonidas01
06-27-11, 16:34
It would be nice to have a sound suppressor on this bad boy, but unfortunately I can't have one in Kalifornia.:mad:

RyanB
06-27-11, 16:35
Can it be had with a blackout?

El Pistolero
06-27-11, 17:03
It's like the top two AR companies, KAC and Noveske, got together and had a baby. Very nice.

Omni Guns
06-27-11, 18:18
Thank you for the thought. We believe this is a great merger of superior DNA!

Omni Guns
06-27-11, 18:40
if they offered a CL version I would say this is the 2nd best factory offering on the market.

As of right now, it'd be my second choice for a precision gun. I guess.

All I know, is that I like it. A lot.

I appreciate your comment but I made a decision with the consult of many black rifle professionals that this would be the best configuration of this rifle. Most purchasers of this platform will never shoot it enough to warrant the difference in durability between the stainless and the chrome lined version. While we are always cognizant of the tactical professional, we realize that significant numbers of these rifles will go to folks that never exceed 1500 rounds through the chamber. That's why Omni Guns & Ammo opted for a precision platform. I appreciate your concern, and your concern is validated. However, in these tough economic times, we believed the stainless option is the best platform for our domestic customer base. We will always make special consideration for law enforcement, military, and other unnamed tactical components that require the very best. Thank you for your comments.

shaneinhisroom
06-27-11, 18:51
That looks amazing...I've always loved Noveske's...they just sound so exotic and they work so flawlessly.

Omni Guns
06-27-11, 18:56
Thank you for your comments!

superuk
06-27-11, 20:04
impressed....

scottryan
06-27-11, 21:45
How is 14.5" a battle rifle?

I'd rather have a 10" rail and a SPR/M4 miter mount instead of the M4-2000 mount.

A reflex silencer is more appropriate for a carbine or rifle, and the end mount silencers be put on 10.5" to 11.5" guns.

Mark71
06-27-11, 21:54
This is a great looking rifle! How much does it weight?

Thanks

Sensei
06-27-11, 22:09
It's like the top two AR companies, KAC and Noveske, got together and had a baby. Very nice.

Put a LMT SOPMOD on it and you have a 3-some...

mtdawg169
06-27-11, 22:11
Looks like a great collaboration! Couple of questions:

Is the FH pinned and can you substitute any other muzzle device?

What is the profile for the SS barrel?

Midlength gas?

mtdawg169
06-27-11, 22:13
Put a LMT SOPMOD on it and you have a 3-some...

Considering that KAC manufactures the SOPMOD for LMT... ;)

I can't tell you how many times I have to thought to myself, " I wish Noveske Would make a rifle with KAC URX."

ALCOAR
06-27-11, 22:15

Leonidas01
06-27-11, 23:06
I'm wondering what makes this 5.56 gun a "Battle Rifle" as denoted in the name and title of it?

I think that term is being used loosely. Don't think they actually mean "battle rifle". They should probably correct that though.

SeriousStudent
06-27-11, 23:11
I've bought Noveske products from Kevin, and have been very pleased with his service. Good guy, very professional.

DJ_Skinny
06-27-11, 23:24
Good to see a Texas dealer/distributor dealing in high-end products and not just the normal crap you see at the funshow. Best of luck, and I hope to see one in person some time soon!

Stickman
06-28-11, 00:11
However, in these tough economic times, we believed the stainless option is the best platform for our domestic customer base.

Your dealer on the other site is telling people they can get either barrel.

Cincinnatus
06-28-11, 10:33
I think that term is being used loosely. Don't think they actually mean "battle rifle". They should probably correct that though.

Correct. The technical definition of battle rifle is not intended here, I think (i.e. .30 caliber workhorses like the M-14, FAL, and Garand). I think it is intended more aesthetically than technically.

As for the barrel choice being stainless, it is my opinion that a stainless Noveske barrel is more than capable of handling serious use as long as one does not abuse it by firing heavily in full-auto or suppressed. Noveske stainless barrels are some of the best in the business.

Yes, the gas system on this barrel is a midlength.

Leonidas01
06-28-11, 12:02
Correct. The technical definition of battle rifle is not intended here, I think (i.e. .30 caliber workhorses like the M-14, FAL, and Garand). I think it is intended more aesthetically than technically.

As for the barrel choice being stainless, it is my opinion that a stainless Noveske barrel is more than capable of handling serious use as long as one does not abuse it by firing heavily in full-auto or suppressed. Noveske stainless barrels are some of the best in the business.

Yes, the gas system on this barrel is a midlength.

Winfield I concur with your 100%. I have several Noveske rifles and I have never had a problem with functionality or durability during long hours at the range! Your point is well taken and delivered :)

Magic_Salad0892
06-28-11, 23:24
I appreciate your comment but I made a decision with the consult of many black rifle professionals that this would be the best configuration of this rifle. Most purchasers of this platform will never shoot it enough to warrant the difference in durability between the stainless and the chrome lined version. While we are always cognizant of the tactical professional, we realize that significant numbers of these rifles will go to folks that never exceed 1500 rounds through the chamber. That's why Omni Guns & Ammo opted for a precision platform. I appreciate your concern, and your concern is validated. However, in these tough economic times, we believed the stainless option is the best platform for our domestic customer base. We will always make special consideration for law enforcement, military, and other unnamed tactical components that require the very best. Thank you for your comments.

I wasn't complaining so much as questioning, and making an observation, I think most people who even know who Noveske is would be putting enough rounds to make a difference.

That said, this gun should wear a Schmidt & Bender, as opposed to an Aimpoint, there aren't enough 14.5'' precision guns on the market.

I appreciate having this option on the market, and I think it's a smart choice.

Scottryan is correct about the suppressor mount, I'm afraid, but most people won't care, and those that do were probably going to buy an M4-2K anyway, as it's a more flexible can. Others probably already own an M4-2K for an SBR, because IMO/E the M4-2K is a more popular offering, and for those that don't get a suppressor, a brake is more popular, and more effective on a precision gun. I can understand the consumers ''logistics'' even though it's not 100% optimal for this setup.

But hell, 99% is better than most. :p

dhena81
06-29-11, 00:06
Just when I thought my list/wishlist was complete this will be in my safe ASAP I would like to know weather or not I could order it with a Blackout and a UBR or would that slow things down to much?

At first I thought why not just get a SR-15 after looking at the pictures and realized on the specs it comes with their SS barrel good job guys.

JeepDriver
06-29-11, 06:34
Shame you're limiting the flash hider/suppressor mount options to AAC.

Leonidas01
06-29-11, 10:36
Your dealer on the other site is telling people they can get either barrel.

There might have been an option at one point to get either barrel, but right now the rifle is being configured with a SS barrel. Either way Noveske assembles it you are getting one of the best rifle manufacturers in the business putting his special touch to it! I have several Noveske rifles in CHF and SS barrels and I enjoy shooting them both equally. Further, thanks for putting that out there regarding the other site.

Stickman
06-29-11, 13:35
I'm glad to see this thread unlocked, I was trying to figure what the problem was.

militarymoron
06-29-11, 14:04
Shame you're limiting the flash hider/suppressor mount options to AAC.
i agree with this (not AAC in general, but the brakeout in particular - it's a flash enhancer in my experience) - but otherwise that's a very nice rifle.

rob_s
06-29-11, 14:11
I don't get the sideline snipers sometimes, although I admit I succumb to the urge too from time to time.

Other than the lower, is there anything proprietary on this rifle? Is there anyone posting in this thread that couldn't otherwise assemble this exact gun themselves while swapping out their "if it only had..." part in the process?

My "if only..." would be the URXIII :D

mtdawg169
06-29-11, 15:13
I don't get the sideline snipers sometimes, although I admit I succumb to the urge too from time to time.

Other than the lower, is there anything proprietary on this rifle? Is there anyone posting in this thread that couldn't otherwise assemble this exact gun themselves while swapping out their "if it only had..." part in the process?

Very true. The upper could be assembled in any number of configurations from readily available parts, but the fact that it is on top of the FFL lower which isn't currently available, is probably what makes it appealing for those who are interested.

Leonidas01
06-29-11, 23:40
i agree with this (not AAC in general, but the brakeout in particular - it's a flash enhancer in my experience) - but otherwise that's a very nice rifle.

I am in agreement with you. That configuration is rather nice and it is assembled by one of the best rifle manufacturers in the business.

rob_s
06-30-11, 06:04
Very true. The upper could be assembled in any number of configurations from readily available parts, but the fact that it is on top of the FFL lower which isn't currently available, is probably what makes it appealing for those who are interested.

I think maybe you misunderstood my post.

I wasn't saying "what's so special about this gun?", what I was saying is "if you like everything about this gun but one part you can simply re-create it yourself from parts" in response to the kinds of posts we always see when a new rifle is announced saying "I like it except for...". The gun is what the gun is. Those that are interested will pony up for it and make do with the parts they don't like.

seb5
06-30-11, 07:04

I agree. The wrench needed is more than some rails. I like the URX but not enough to buy the tools to put them on. Other than that nothing any more special than a top flight AR manufacturers best effort, which is nice.

mtdawg169
06-30-11, 08:00
I think maybe you misunderstood my post.

I wasn't saying "what's so special about this gun?", what I was saying is "if you like everything about this gun but one part you can simply re-create it yourself from parts" in response to the kinds of posts we always see when a new rifle is announced saying "I like it except for...". The gun is what the gun is. Those that are interested will pony up for it and make do with the parts they don't like.

I'm tracking with you Rob. Posting from my phone usually leads to an abbreviated explanation on my part, but that is basically the point I was also trying to make. The parts used are readily available, so the upper config. could be reproduced easily with the end users choice of muzzle devices, which seems to be the primary point of concern for some posters. Being a 14.5" w/ a pinned muzzle device, limits the appeal in this case due to end user's personal preferences. The rifle is a great new offering as a factory rifle, but won't appeal to everyone for various reasons. Manufacturers just can't seem to win when it come to public opinion on the net. There is always someone who says "I like it, but... (insert personal preference here)." I have to give kudos in this case to Noveske and their distributor though. Since I'm not a fan of the SWS / TRX offerings on factory Noveske rifles, I would love to see more options with the URX rails from Noveske. As it stands, this rifle is a very nice configuration and I'm glad to see it available in the market.

pgpd3147
08-10-11, 05:56
Does Omni guns have a website to view their products. I have been searching but now luck.

n4p226r
08-15-11, 20:49
is this gun available with any custom options? living in NJ i'd need a compensator (battlecomp 1.5 preferred) the other options i could change at a later date if not available from you guys that way (stock and grip)

ilike9s
08-15-11, 21:36
Awesome set up the only thing I'd change is the rail system to Troy.

mayan shooter
08-16-11, 00:52
Kevin, I have to tell you I visited my FFL Buddy the other day and he had on his rack this gun. A Noveske "Project Ares" I have owned several brands of AR's, and never had the desire to purchase a gun on this level. I'm just a shooter, I hunt, and I collect guns. Of course, I have no issue with a high quality gun like this, but for me and my hobby, I just never considered owning one. I'm more of a quantity over quality guy, not a cheapskate, but I just never looked into a gun like this.

My FFL Buddy, is a real friendly guy, and was showing this Noveske. My eyes have NEVER seen such a masterpiece as this weapon. I am now a Noveske fanboy, and I'm currently working towards adding one of these to my collection. I like any gun-nut have a few other projects going, but I will definitely have one by the end of the year.

It was like the entire gun was carved from a solid piece of steel. If I were to build a gun with bells & whistles, it would be this gun.

I want to congratulate you on putting together such a incredible weapon. I never knew what my "Grail gun" was until I handled this weapon.

Thank you, I look forward to being your customer. It helps that I live in Lewisville :)

mtdawg169
08-16-11, 11:43
Awesome set up the only thing I'd change is the rail system to Troy.

The urx is really what sets this upper apart from other Noveske offerings. If you want a Troy rail, order it direct from Noveske. They already offer it on some factory uppers.

Agile53
08-19-11, 11:32
Does Omni guns have a website to view their products. I have been searching but now luck.

^^^ THIS ^^^ as I've seen another stocking Noveske dealer/distributor @ the SATX show.

Last month he had the Nov/TR rifle with the FFL & a new color Diplomat SBR. Need to find his card or see what Omni has, so back to the original question.

Leonidas01
08-19-11, 13:18
Omni guns and Ammo is working on a new website. If you are interested in any of the products Noveske offers on their website give them a call and they will take care of you. (972)786-2521

mtdawg169
10-07-11, 20:10
Now available at Rainier Arms:http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2890

CTR or SOPMOD options
KAC 600m micro rear BUIS
AAC Blackout 51T mount

TonyTacoma
10-08-11, 01:07
You guys should put our selectors on these very nice weapons ;)

This would be cool

ColdDeadHands
01-09-12, 19:41
Who all is selling these? The only place I can find is Rainier but the CTR version is out of stock.

Wake27
01-09-12, 23:32
That does look awesome. If it was monolithic, I'd be pissed that I didn't wait to get this one (not that mine isn't already awesome...).

Javelin
01-09-12, 23:44
Noveske Rifle Works have been working for some time to introduce a better standard trigger option for some time. The Giessel trigger in this configuration would benefit those that want a more refined finger puller.

My only question is how this competes vs. a Vltor upper & proprietary Noveske Rails? I can't think of any major bonuses to this configuration vs. an N4. :confused:

Wake27
01-09-12, 23:48
I've been very pleasently surprised with my trigger. Would like to see how a Geissele compares though...

Tootsies
02-09-12, 20:04
I am really interested in just purchasing the upper. Will that be possible?

treynor
03-04-12, 21:36
One update for this thread - here's a picture of the Ares in FDE / Black with an Elcan Specter DR 1-4x optic.

http://www.treynor.com/Guns/Ares-Elcan.jpg

11am1a
03-08-12, 18:35
WOW! thats a sexy looking rifle

Funkenstein
03-08-12, 20:36
:eek: that is pure sex.

One update for this thread - here's a picture of the Ares in FDE / Black with an Elcan Specter DR 1-4x optic.

http://www.treynor.com/Guns/Ares-Elcan.jpg

Ratfink
07-13-12, 21:49
has the weight of these been posted yet

RCO'B
07-15-12, 16:48
impressive...

ruedger455@yahoo.com
10-04-12, 17:54
That's awesome but the price is up there

KarbonChemist
10-05-12, 12:27
Very nice. I'm looking at Noveske build here in the next few months along with the 300plan.

I've heard over and over they ARE worth the extra.