PDA

View Full Version : Shoot and meet SCSC, Gibsonburg, OH

Multi-G
08-14-06, 16:15
On August 20th @ 2pm there will be a number of people gather at the Sandusky County Sportsman Club, just east of Gibsonburg, OH.
A little more on the thoughts and goals behind the shoot. A few people of the area who are modern firearm and firearms skills people were looking to get a group together to shoot. This initial idea morphed a few times, but in the end a somewhat common theme arose. We are looking for a core group of people, who want to shoot monthly in an organized manner. The Sandusky County Sportsman Club has agreed to give us a block of range time on their multi-purpose range. We now have a few people, a place and a time. If all goes well, the club is willing to allowing us to continue monthly.
What will we do? We discussed monthly matches, loosely organized shoots, or small sessions of training. Initially, we feel that small sections of basic firearms manipulation with some shooting drills will be good. This will allow everyone to either build a solid foundation, or allow others to work on the basics. Everyone wants to be HS/LD but let’s face it, advanced skills are basics mastered. I know of very few people who practice enough or as much as they would like. That is another reason for setting this up, a way to get monthly practice with primarily Carbine and secondary Pistol.
Down the road, this can all be modified to suit the direction of the group. We wish to hold a monthly shoot or match; however I personally would like to keep it non-competitive. “Match” implies scores and competition. We don’t want to turn this into a game, where winning compromises good tactics and negates the value of the shoot for all involved. This can be accomplished be either keeping scoring totally out, or by using totally individual scoring.
If all is well, the SCSC will need us to form a committee. The specifics of this are not completely known at this point, but following is what I know so far. The committee will have to report to the Club and also set a donation amount from each shooter. We need to cover costs, but I think this donation amount will be very reasonable. The Club has a few other shoots and a really nice cowboy shoot each month, if you are interested. www.scsclub.org
If you have had lots of training and practical experience in this realm, you may feel this to be slow-going or too basic starting out. As I pointed out earlier, basics need to be mastered. There is an important secondary reason I am directing this to you. We will need a base of people from which to draw experiences, talent and knowledge from. I can and will direct the first few as time permits, but the best way is to have others who will step to the plate and bring forth ideas. Too many cooks can spoil the soup, but this is something that we can work out when we form the committee.
I hope you choose to join us. Bring whatever gear and a few hundred rounds. Have fun, learn, meet people and help us continue this shoot to the next levels.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Jeremy

dubb-1
08-14-06, 22:39
...Trying to get the day off. It's up to my Lt...

Multi-G
08-15-06, 07:39
...Trying to get the day off. It's up to my Lt...

It will be good to meet you, as we have only met just quickly if my memory serves correctly. Sometimes work gets in the way.

Jeremy

C4IGrant
08-15-06, 08:12
I would like to come, but is almost 3 hours from me. :(

C4

dubb-1
08-15-06, 08:27
Unless you have an LT105 for me, you're not invited!:eek:

Just kidding of course.:D Unless you don't have my mount, yet.;)

I know, I'm a jerk.:p

C4IGrant
08-15-06, 08:32
Unless you have an LT105 for me, you're not invited!:eek:

Just kidding of course.:D Unless you don't have my mount, yet.;)

I know, I'm a jerk.:p

I should have some VERY soon! Did you get my PM?

C4

dubb-1
08-15-06, 08:39
Great news on the mount. I can't tell you how bad I need it.

I did receive the pm. Thanks, Grant!

Multi-G
08-15-06, 11:51
Dubb, I have a LT 105 that I have not put on a rifle yet. I think I got the last two Grant had before he moved. If you need it soon, you can have it, and just replace it when Grant gets you one. Serious, let me know.

Grant, as this thing gets rolling it may be something you would like to attend. I will PM you later.

Jeremy

C4IGrant
08-15-06, 12:38
It is interesting to me now, but am too far from it.

The LT Cantilever, Std. and RAS II Aimpoints mounts are now in stock!

C4

Multi-G
08-17-06, 10:16
If anyone knows they are planning to attend, please contact me for head count purposes.

Thanks,
Jeremy

dubb-1
08-17-06, 10:58
Jeremy,

I cannot get the day off. However, I like the concept, and would like to attend these shoot-togethers as they become more available. It is unfortunate that I work a 4 on/2 off schedule. I hope to be available for future classes. Anytime our schedules come together, I am there.

Further, your offer is most generous, and only if you do not need the mount, will I accept.

Thank you,

Damian

Multi-G
08-17-06, 11:31
I will look forward to your participation when time allows.

I have two Mini-Acogs, one mounted on a Colt with the origional two screw mount, and the other on GG26's Rock River with the LT105.
The extra one is for the Colt, but I am in no hurry to swap it out. Do you want me to give the LT105 to Bigbore Sunday?

Jeremy

Jeremy,

I cannot get the day off. However, I like the concept, and would like to attend these shoot-togethers as they become more available. It is unfortunate that I work a 4 on/2 off schedule. I hope to be available for future classes. Anytime our schedules come together, I am there.

Further, your offer is most generous, and only if you do not need the mount, will I accept.

Thank you,

Damian

dubb-1
08-18-06, 17:39
That would be great! I'll get the replacement out to you ASAP. Please let me know if something comes up and you need it back in the interim.

DW

Multi-G
08-18-06, 19:55
It all in helping a brother out. Consider it done.

Jeremy

dubb-1
08-18-06, 21:00
Jeremy,

What kind of gear set up are you running this weekend?

Multi-G
08-18-06, 21:34
PM sent.

Jeremy