PDA

View Full Version : Killeen / Ft. Hood Area

ZoneOne
06-28-11, 05:14
Just reaching out across M4C for any Killeen / Ft. Hood area AR shooters.

Last time I was there, I found a range south of Killeen with limited rifle and a small pistol range. Nothing fancy but no room for moving.

I'm looking for a place to conduct good training with the freedom to move and shoot.

- Did a search for central and ft. hood and only got info from texastactical that's from a range in between Austain and San Antonio. While it's not out of the question to go down there, I'm searching for something a little more local.

MH-47D
06-28-11, 16:16
ZoneOne
I also live in the Killeen/Ft. Hood area and search the forums here and AR15 and the closest range that you can move and shoot is Best of the West Range in Liberty Hill area. Haven’t been there but plan to soon.

ZoneOne
06-29-11, 00:55
You'd figure right next to a military installation there would be something but it looks like I'm wrong. :suicide2:

Reminds me of Columbus area, only an indoor range and the Phoenix City gun club was the best it got.

I've seen a range down in Bastrop, that Tactical Response uses for a mobile course (The Fighting Rifle / Pistol) - I'm waiting for their 2012 course schedule to come out to see what they're about.

MH-47D
06-29-11, 09:15
RGR, you are so correct.

Turnkey11
07-01-11, 12:00
There is a club in Copperas Cove that does IDPA or IPSC events either bi weekly or monthly, long time since Ive shot around Hood. There is another range about 20-30 minutes from Hood that has room to move around on the pistol side if it isnt crowded, rifle side is pretty much static from a bench and has a bunch of wooden sunshades that you shoot under. I forget the name and location of that range as well, but I always got lucky and got free watermelon from the owner or a box of steak from a guy that sells meat from his pickup.

ZoneOne
07-05-11, 00:09
Franklin,

If you're talking about the range south of Killen like your heading away from the airport, that's the one I shot at. The guy who works there is real nice, and it's a decent range but not what I'm looking for.

Then again, I did get a MP-15 22 so I might be able to run some AR drills on the pistol side now.

I will have to look into the range in CC. Do you have a name?

MH-47D
07-05-11, 10:08
Zone
Where is that one close to the Airport located? Thanks.

ZoneOne
07-06-11, 01:02
For the life of me I can't remember. If you go into Guns Galore, they had a card for the range. Not more then a 30 minute drive from the airport.

MH-47D
07-06-11, 11:45
Thanks.