PDA

View Full Version : McCann Industries Carbon fiber stock

krm375
06-28-11, 05:41
I ordered one of these in 2008 and apparently they are shipping I had completely forgotten about it. I have not had time to play with it yet, does anyone else have any experience with this Carbon Stock?

http://www.mccannindustries.com/carbonfiberstock.htm

ICANHITHIMMAN
06-28-11, 08:17
I talked with the company on the phone awhile back I'm very interested. They said they were on hold while they reworked some finer points for the Army. Plese let us know when you get It I would love to hear some input and see some pics.

Littlelebowski
06-28-11, 08:45
Deceptive advertising tactic using a soldier in uniform to give the impression that soldiers are using these.

06-28-11, 09:28
I don't know much about this stock, seems nice. But I have some experience with carbon fiber and when damaged/old, carbon fiber makes really nice splinters. Sharp and brittle these babies break off when you try to pull them out.

Anchor Zero Six
06-28-11, 15:20
Deceptive advertising tactic using a soldier in uniform to give the impression that soldiers are using these.

No dog in this fight and overall I agree with that statement but in their defense they are a stones throw from JBLM and DO or Have made specialized parts and gear for some of the units there at their request.

Agree it leads one to beleive its in wide use which its not, just saying I'm pretty sure some are floating around there.

Tac Tailor and Bladetech are just up the road as well and get tapped pretty frequently to make custom or one off items...so aside from rain and dirty hippies WA aint all bad lol.

krm375
06-28-11, 15:39
I dont know if the army is using them or not, I have not seen any over here. I am not home right now, but the McCann stock is sitting in my utility room. I have an M1a in a Troy right now in my safe, and as soon as I get home you can bet I will be messing around with this stock. Just give me a month or so and I will give you all some pics and info.

titsonritz
07-21-11, 00:45
I am interested in hearing more about these as well.

scottryan
07-21-11, 07:36
Or you can forget about all this nonsense and pick up a SCAR or SR-25.

Littlelebowski
07-21-11, 08:15
Or you can forget about all this nonsense and pick up a SCAR or SR-25.

This...^^^

krm375
07-21-11, 09:52
This...^^^

Already have an EMC, this is just for fun.

krm375
07-27-12, 18:10
Well I have played with this stock with optics, and stocks, and grips. I have come to the conclusion that with all of the money I have spent on mounts for scopes, for red dots, for scout scopes, that this rifle would best be used for Irons. It originally came in a Troy stock with out any iron sights. I am going to get some irons and put them on this rifle. I ended up with the McCann Carbon fiber stock, a MIAD grip and a Vltor stock. I added a CQD sling plate and a VTAC LUSA for use with a 2 point sling and hk hooks.

ICANHITHIMMAN
07-28-12, 11:30
Pics?

jaymoore
07-30-12, 04:20
...This rifle would best be used for Irons. It originally came in a Troy stock with out any iron sights. I am going to get some irons and put them on this rifle.

Having used one quite a bit for almost a year now, the most major complaint I have is that the butt is really too high for comfortable iron sight use with the original GI type sights. Have been planning to address the issue, but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Otherwise, it's been quite good!

Pics?

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/dave4201/Jmoore%20Stuff/M14%20tech/Lightweight%20M1A/jmoorestuff014-3-1.jpg
One configuration- that 18 1/2" barrel was poo, so it's now wearing a 22" again, temporarily.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/dave4201/Jmoore%20Stuff/M14%20tech/Lightweight%20M1A/jmoorestuff015-3.jpg
The M1A is lighter by a few ounces than 17s, BTW, after some tweaking.

krm375
07-30-12, 19:49
Mine waiting on the sights with a 25 rd mag attached.