PDA

View Full Version : Hölle auf meinem österreichischen Freund

obucina
06-28-11, 12:00
So, I picked up a new heater today! Its a 4th Generation G27. I had the shop swap the mag release for me as I am wrong handed. Eventually I would like to swap in a set of Heinie Straight 8s. This forum has been a great resource for me!
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-GOm7CELl4IU/TgoHM9NhYGI/AAAAAAAAAOA/Z8bdsbKpVw0/s800/DSC00034.JPG

Palmguy
06-28-11, 14:19
Surprised you've got that backstrap on it Joe...

Nice gun.

Alpha Sierra
06-28-11, 16:42
I don't have large hands but most surprisingly my G17 only shoots to POA with the large backstrap.

The small and medium backs make the gun shoot low and left. I also cannot get a natural pointing grip out of the holster and always ended adjusting my grip and hunting for the sights.

Switching to the G21 sized grip fixed it all.

RagweedZulu
06-28-11, 22:47
Der beste pistole im Welt! Viel Gluck!

obucina
06-28-11, 23:12
Surprised you've got that backstrap on it Joe...

Nice gun.

Tomorrow is my last day off before a six straight schedule. Hopefully, I can get to the range and see which insert I like.

chadbag
06-28-11, 23:59
Der beste pistole im Welt! Viel Gluck!

"Die beste Pistole in der Welt!" soll es heissen.

(I am not getting down on you)

Zach
06-29-11, 05:22
"Die beste Pistole in der Welt!" soll es heissen.

(I am not getting down on you)

Entschuldige Chad ist nicht ganz richtig. "...auf der Welt!" ;)

QuietShootr
06-29-11, 07:17
Ausgezeichnet!

kartoffel
06-29-11, 10:20
gaunz ungeheuer!

chadbag
06-29-11, 13:40
Entschuldige Chad ist nicht ganz richtig. "...auf der Welt!" ;)

Wahrscheinlich hast Du Recht. Aber, es kommt darauf an. "Auf der Welt" heisst buchstäblich "on the earth." Ich habe öfters auch "in der Welt" gehört, wenn man es nicht so buchstäblich meint.

titsonritz
06-29-11, 13:54
Was macht ihr, ein paar verdammte Krauts, oder was?

toekneeg
06-29-11, 14:23
Was die Hölle hier drinnen weitergeht?

obucina
06-29-11, 14:29
So, I put 150 rounds on paper today and I am shooting slightly low and to the right(I am left handed). The white bracket on the rear sight feels a bit distracting, my last glock had trijicon night sights with the 3 dot arrangement.

On a side note, while it is nice to be able to manipulate the mag release with me thumb, it feels a bit shallow and flat.

Anyone have some glock-fu wisdom?

Magic_Salad0892
06-29-11, 14:38
I wish I could speak German. Or are you speaking Austrian?

...Don't Austrian folk speak German?

RyanS
06-29-11, 14:41
I wish I could speak German. Or are you speaking Austrian?

...Don't Austrian folk speak German?

How about you guys just make it easy and speak American.....

:D

Palmguy
06-29-11, 15:07
So, I put 150 rounds on paper today and I am shooting slightly low and to the right(I am left handed). The white bracket on the rear sight feels a bit distracting, my last glock had trijicon night sights with the 3 dot arrangement.

On a side note, while it is nice to be able to manipulate the mag release with me thumb, it feels a bit shallow and flat.

A set of Ameriglo I-DOTs would be an improvement. GL-101/103/201/202 depending on your preferences would be good on your 27.

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/night-sights/complete-sets/i-dot

There is a rear sight tool in the custody of another M4C member a few counties north of you that I'm sure he'd be willing to send down your way if you cover the small USPS charge.

I always thought the Gen4 mag release was at least in the same ballpark of better than the stock Gen3 mag release along with the Gen3 Vickers part. You could always try swapping over to the "normal" side and trying your trigger finger with it.

obucina
06-29-11, 15:25
A set of Ameriglo I-DOTs would be an improvement. GL-101/103/201/202 depending on your preferences would be good on your 27.

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/night-sights/complete-sets/i-dot

There is a rear sight tool in the custody of another M4C member a few counties north of you that I'm sure he'd be willing to send down your way if you cover the small USPS charge.

I always thought the Gen4 mag release was at least in the same ballpark of better than the stock Gen3 mag release along with the Gen3 Vickers part. You could always try swapping over to the "normal" side and trying your trigger finger with it.

I think I am going to swap the mag release to the normal side. I've become very accustomed to using my "foreign relations finger" my my last glock, lcp, 1911, etc....that it was a no brainer.

Do you like the Ameri-glo over the straight 8?

Magic_Salad0892
06-29-11, 15:30
Thank God for Google translator. Too bad this Apple computer has no right click.

I had to type in all that shit manually. FML.

obucina
06-29-11, 15:32
Thank God for Google translator. Too bad this Apple computer has no right click.

I didnt realize my thread would go full kraut! Saying hello to my Austrian friend is like figuring out what Claus and Fritz are talking about!

kartoffel
06-29-11, 15:42
Was macht ihr, ein paar verdammte Krauts, oder was?

Dschuidigung, i war versucht wia'n Estarreicher redn.

- Erdapfel

Steve S.
06-29-11, 16:24
Hölle auf meinem österreichischen Freund

That's what she said.....

Seriously though - looks good.

Palmguy
06-29-11, 17:57
I think I am going to swap the mag release to the normal side. I've become very accustomed to using my "foreign relations finger" my my last glock, lcp, 1911, etc....that it was a no brainer.

Do you like the Ameri-glo over the straight 8?

No experience with the Straight 8s but conceptually they are the same. The Hackathorn variants of the Ameriglo sights are something that are an added feature if that's your thing, many people are a fan of the orange on the front sight here. I've probably had about a dozen or so orders with Ameriglo over the past 18 months, great customer service, fast shipping, and the sights are great.

Also there are a few discount codes out there that'll get you 20% off. gssf and defoor are recent ones worth trying out.

Alpha Sierra
06-29-11, 18:35
So, I put 150 rounds on paper today and I am shooting slightly low and to the right(I am left handed).
Try the large backstrap. Seriously.

RagweedZulu
06-29-11, 20:33
Our esteemed president recently announced the he "didn't speak Austrian.". Funny, neither do the Austrians. It's all German to me.

elkknuckle
06-29-11, 22:58

Command+c :D

polydeuces
06-30-11, 14:09
Unter ein' klein's Step-Decke
Kann ein gross'r Depp steck'n......

:smile: