PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Hahn Mag Block and Mag

yahki02
10-21-07, 16:17
I have a dedicated Hahn Mag Block and if I twist or wiggle the magazine (both Colt and CProducts), it comes out. Does anyone else have this problem? I read somewhere to use a DPMS magazine catch which I did without success. Is there a magazine catch that I can buy that works with a dedicated mag blocks? TIA...

Chief_Wiggum
10-22-07, 12:29
I have a dedicated Hahn block. I happen to have a DPMS mag catch in the gun now, and don't have problems with the mags falling out. I can twist them any which way without problems. Looking at a Stag mag catch, I can see the catch itself is a bit taller than the DPMS. The overall thickness is the same between the two, but the catch is thicker and the lever is thinner on the Stag. I think that may allow the Stag's catch to extend further into the magwell.

yahki02
10-22-07, 14:36
Thanks for the info. Now to find a Stag Arms mag catch. I guess each one has different specification or it is the luck of the draw. Chief, did you by chance polish your ramp on the dedicated block? I seem to have an FTF when I use wadcutters but no problems with FMJs. I wouldn't use wadcutters under normal circumstances but I have couple hundred lying around and it seems to fail everytime..Just wondering...

Chief_Wiggum
10-23-07, 08:07
In theory they should all the exactly the same, but in the AR world all manufacturers seem to make parts a little differntly.

I have not polished my feed ramps. I haven't had any trouble feeding any of the ammo I've put through the gun. Couple hundred rounds of FMJ, and about 100 rounds of various HP ammo have fed with no problems using a mixture of modified Uzi and C-Products mags.

You can order a Colt mag catch from Brownells. Don't know if it'll work, but it'll definately be in spec. Part #: 160-308-112. If you have the discount, it's only $12.50.