PDA

View Full Version : RDS 1/3 Co-Witness zero

m4brian
06-28-11, 20:06
Got my AP Micro G&R Package deal today (kudos G&R!). Popped on the ADM Mount (VERY nice and easy to use). The dot is on for elevation with my irons, but a tad right on windage. SHOULD I go ahead and adjust to the irons NOW, before heading to the range to save some time, or go from a cold start adjusting at the range? Thanks.

BTW - the ADM mount is very slick and adjusts EASILY with no tools just like the instructions say.

Crow Hunter
06-28-11, 20:20
Got my AP Micro G&R Package deal today (kudos G&R!). Popped on the ADM Mount (VERY nice and easy to use). The dot is on for elevation with my irons, but a tad right on windage. SHOULD I go ahead and adjust to the irons NOW, before heading to the range to save some time, or go from a cold start adjusting at the range? Thanks.

BTW - the ADM mount is very slick and adjusts EASILY with no tools just like the instructions say.

It has been my somewhat limited experience that if your irons are sighted in for a 6 o'clock hold that the red dot will lollipop right on top of it.

Just in case, I would do a quick double check of everything just to make sure nothing is skewed. Then adjust it to match.

Personally, I have done 3 rifles with RDS and windage was never off. Elevation was off but windage was always dead on.

But again, I have only done 2 6920's and 1 M&P 22.

P2000
06-28-11, 23:11
Yes I would.

The RDS is not zeroed, and this will probably not zero it, but it will get it pretty close. At least close enough to hit on target at 100 yards so that you don't have to start closer in.

Aristogeiton
06-29-11, 06:39
I just got my AP Micro yesterday too. Thanks Grant!! :D

It also was a little right of my irons. I say move it to the irons. That might speed up the zeroing process.

m4brian
06-29-11, 12:04
Roger to all - thanks.