PDA

View Full Version : smith and wesson mp15 sport scope mounts

manofsteel
06-28-11, 20:16
any suggestions on a removable scope mount that can be used on the new smith and wesson mp15 sport that would allow you see over the front site. thanks

ohiorifleman
06-28-11, 20:24
check out larue tactical or american defense manufacturing

fdxpilot
06-29-11, 17:12
Since you seem to be on a budget, try the Burris PEPR mount. They supposedly have just come out with a Quick-Detach version if you need that. (I'm not sure if by removable, you mean Quick-Detach. My PEPR removes just fine with a screwdriver or adjustable wrench.)

manofsteel
06-29-11, 19:07
Since you seem to be on a budget, try the Burris PEPR mount. They supposedly have just come out with a Quick-Detach version if you need that. (I'm not sure if by removable, you mean Quick-Detach. My PEPR removes just fine with a screwdriver or adjustable wrench.)

well not really on a budget, maybe its because the smith mp sport is less price than those with a forward assist, but sure shoots great at the ranger, actually outshoots my bushmaster carbon 15 by a mile

Stan9106
06-29-11, 19:31
I have the PEPR and like it a lot. It's rock solid and can be removed and reinstalled without a significant change in zero.

manofsteel
06-29-11, 20:01
thanks, will check them out

fdxpilot
06-29-11, 20:04
but sure shoots great at the ranger, actually outshoots my bushmaster carbon 15 by a mile

Not really a surprise.

Tomahawk_Ghost
06-30-11, 10:33
I have a American Defense Recon X mount that I bought NIB on Ebay for $139. It is worth the extra. For normal use ADM mount will last a lifetime.

BTW, I know how it is to be on a budget. Be patient and look around.