PDA

View Full Version : Slide stop/release - Another view

R1 Racer
06-29-11, 12:07
When Thunder Ranch moved into my backyard, I was ecstatic.

In '94, Mr. Smith came to Oregon for three day (800 rd) handgun course. I brought P220 with five magazines and 2k rounds. Wow! I cracked the second case on the third day. I'll swear I shot 900 rds on the ground rolling in the sand and gravel.

In this course, I trained away from using the slide stop as a release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVGQQhkjzec&feature=related

It's faster is often the argument. Yes, under controlled environments. I've seen many crash and burn going for speed.

YVK
06-29-11, 13:12
Given the number of times this has been discussed, I expect a short life for this thread.

I don't know what controlled vs uncontrolled environments are. I've hit slide release on my glock 19 in light and darkness, sunshine or rain, barehand or gloves, no issues. I have never confused reload with malfunction clearance.

The main point here is that nobody needs to justify how he or she works out slide-lock reload. Whatever works for you is fine, drive on.

So, yeah, I think it would be nice if we all got away from justifying how we do and think.
It would be double-nice to stop criticizing "other camp's" choice.
It would be really-really nice if we got rid of idiocy that surrounds this argument such as "fine-motor skills", "universal method that works for all guns" etc.

Alpha Sierra
06-29-11, 18:37
I honestly don't care to re-hash the argument. I do what works best for me after trying all known options.

Others' opinions on this subject just don't matter any more.

iCarbine
06-29-11, 18:42
I agree. This really is not "Another view" but rather the preferred method of one of two camps in the debate - a debate that is likely to last as long as the 9mm vs .45 debate.

Pick the method that works for you. This also applies to the press check debate which, coincidently, was argued in the lastest issue of SWAT. Pick YOUR method and move on.

d90king
06-29-11, 18:44
Thank God for Grey Group!

Worst video ever. :suicide2: