PDA

View Full Version : CZ 75 Kadet Questions...

DeltaSierra
06-29-11, 17:51
A family member of mine has been wanting a .22 calibre pistol, but I've kept discouraging them from getting something as I haven't liked any of the options on the market...

...Until I recently discovered that CZ is now making a .22 calibre version of the CZ 75...

I have done some research, and can't find any common issues with the CZ, but thought I'd check and see what anyone here has to say based on personal experience....

adamg01
06-29-11, 18:09
They have been making them making them for a while now and I have only heard praise. They are suppose to be the best .22 conversion on the market.

Wildcat
06-29-11, 22:05
I use a Kadet kit on my SP-01 frame from time to time. Since the Kadet upper was machined to match the contours of the 75, it doesn't look all that svelte on the SP-01 frame.
It does, however; run very well for a rimfire. I shot it this way through most of the winter. The sights and barrel are one assembly so it is also pretty accurate once dialed in.
Its all steel construction so it has some heft and is slightly muzzle heavy.

Some people who installed lighter mainsprings for IDPA have indicated an occasional ignition problem on their gun when they use their Kadet kit.
I still use the stock spring set in my pistol and have not had issues with inadequate firing pin strikes.

The magazines are about $40 each but they are well made; constructed by welding a rimfire magazine into the tube of a regular 10-round magazine.

The slide does not offer a lot of grip surface to grab when you need to charge the weapon or clear a malfunction. Fortunately malfunctions are rare but then this -is- rimfire.

DeltaSierra
06-29-11, 22:21
Thanks for the information Wildcat.

skyugo
06-30-11, 00:36
i got to mess with one of those GSG 1911's and that thing was pretty nice. it's a rental at my gun club, they're figuring it has over 5k through it... sees quite a bit of use by new shooters. good accurate pistol. i'm not in love with 1911's, but it was nice to shoot a 22 that felt like a centerfire.

could be a good option.

asme
06-30-11, 03:11
I've heard through the grapevine that the Kadet kit isn't quite "drop in" on all CZ 75s and requires a modicum of fitting to work well. Is there any truth to this?

ImBroke
06-30-11, 08:03
I've heard through the grapevine that the Kadet kit isn't quite "drop in" on all CZ 75s and requires a modicum of fitting to work well. Is there any truth to this?

I had to fit mine. It was easy, in the instructions they tell you exactly where to file away the excess metal.

msiley
06-30-11, 08:59
I have a kadet kit for my CZ 75. I really like it but one thing I noticed is that it fails to eject maybe every 50-100 rounds. But it's rimfire and it could be the ammo since I just buy the Fed bulk packs and not the good stuff like CCI. Other then that it's a good pistol.

wahoo95
06-30-11, 10:32
I have one and love it....my favorite rimfire pistol by far! Its very accurate and dead nutz reliable. Only issues I've had are after about 1000rds or so the firing pin channel gets gunked up with blow back crap and needs to be cleaned out. Other than than its a winner and my go to pistol when taking a new shooter out for lessons. On top of that its one of the quietest platforms I've heard when it comes to suppressed rimfires.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb244/a996hawk/IMG_2803.jpg

m39nut
07-01-11, 19:51
The nice part about the Kadet is that if you use a CZ75 you will have a pistol with the same feel as a regular 75 so it will help your training. I am thinking about buying one myself.