PDA

View Full Version : Front sight came loose on Glock...

huntsimp
06-29-11, 17:57
Today at the range my front Trijicon sight came loose on my Talo EXO G19.

The owner of the range re-attached it and "loc-tited" it into place. However, he didn't use any sight attachment guide/tool.

The sight looked a little off-center.

After this, my groups opened up. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the sight or fatigue.

Does anyone recommend sending it in somewhere to be attached properly?

samuse
06-29-11, 18:17
If the sight is on there crooked, you can straighten it with a little crescent wrench or something before the locktite dries.

I wouldn't send it anywhere. The front sight is way too simple of a thing to do. If you need a new front sight, call Rick at Ameriglo. He'll do the best he can for you.

If the front sight really is crooked, one side of the sight will look fuzzy when you focus on the front sight when looking at the sight picture.

huntsimp
06-29-11, 19:23
If the sight is on there crooked, you can straighten it with a little crescent wrench or something before the locktite dries.

I wouldn't send it anywhere. The front sight is way too simple of a thing to do. If you need a new front sight, call Rick at Ameriglo. He'll do the best he can for you.

If the front sight really is crooked, one side of the sight will look fuzzy when you focus on the front sight when looking at the sight picture.

Nothing looks fuzzy. It just looks very slightly off-center (maybe I'm just looking for it).

I don't know if that really makes any difference...

SWATcop556
06-29-11, 19:42
Any photos? A Glock front sight is way too easy of an install to snd off for the work. Any Glock armorer can do it with easy. Hell by the right sized driver and roll your own, so to speak.

blackboar
06-29-11, 19:52
The same thing happened to my Glock's front sight. I had my gunsmith install a set of Ameriglo Hackathorn sights and I guess I didn't wait for the loc-tite to set properly before I took it out. Anyways, it took about 4k rounds before it loosened up. I cleaned up it up a bit, put a new dab of loc-tite on and screwed it back in. Good as ever.