PDA

View Full Version : IMOD - Club Foot vs Regular

FishingFool
06-29-11, 20:54
Can't decide for my precision rifle build. I don't want an Emod b/c its too long for my arms. Does cutting off the little bit at the end really matter that much? I'm guessing that the clubfoot would be a better choice if using a rear bag but since I've never used a rear bag I can only speculate.

FChen17213
06-29-11, 22:16
I think you'll be fine with both. If you're doing more benchrest stuff, I'd say go with the clubfoot. That being said, I've run the clubfoot doing everything from standing, sitting, kneeling, running, etc with no problems. I think you'll be fine both ways.

Biz Kizzle
06-29-11, 22:50
personal preference... mostly at least i think

kmrtnsn
06-29-11, 22:56
Maybe I can help, I own all three. I started with an E-Mod on a Recce build, where I find it to be a good fit for the application. I recently built two other rifles, one has an I-Mod clubfoot, the other is the "regular" I-Mod. Frankly, I have not used the additional real estate of the clubfoot when shooting prone (rested shoulder hold for lack of a better term)and can find no real difference or advantage, one over the other, "regular" I-Mod. Buy whichever they have on hand, you'll be happy regardless.

SteadyUp
06-29-11, 23:14
I own both IMod versions and don't really notice a difference. Buy whatever is available. It's a top-notch stock in either variety.