PDA

View Full Version : Glock: anyone run a Warren rear w/ an Ameriglo ProGlo (orange) front?

CQC.45
06-30-11, 08:35
I asked this question on another forum but wanted to ask it here as well:

I am considering sight combinations for my G17 and was wondering if anyone out there is running a Warren Rear with a Ameriglo ProGlo (http://www.ameriglo.net/sites/default/files/GL212ORC%20copy_0.jpg) (Orange outline w/ green tritium) front.

The Warren rear is .250 height and .150 width, while the Ameriglo front is .220 height and .140 width.

My questions are:

-How do you like the sight picture in a general sense is the front sight too wide for the Warren?

-Does this sight combo shoot closer to POA/POI or closer to 6:00 hold?

Thanks

sinjinhawk
06-30-11, 14:04
Personally I think you will not have a good point of impact with that sight combo. If you wanted a similar combination why not get a Heinie plain black wide notch rear with with Hienie matching front trijicon sight. Makes life simpler.

JHC
06-30-11, 14:27
Each Glock pistol is somewhat unique as far as sight heights and poi but that combo impacts approx 1-2 inches above the literal poa for my Gen 4 G19 at 25 yards. Which IMO is about perfect.

GJM
06-30-11, 22:12
Ameriglo offers their Glock sights, front and back, in various heights. I would just give them a call.

J8127
07-01-11, 00:04
Just get sights that match, as far as the colors you are going with I have blacked out Ameriglo rears with Ameriglo Orange front and I LOVE it.