PDA

View Full Version : Initial Impressions: Trijicon HD Night Sights in a Glock 26

jmlshooter
06-30-11, 09:06
Still haven't quite made it out to the range.

1. These sights are very bright.

2. The ringed front sight is much, much faster to acquire than any other set of sights I have.

3. The model that fits the Glock 26 fits MOST Glock models, but the relatively short distance between front and rear leaves very little light on either side of the front sight when you're pressed out. Very different from the Hacks in that regard. I would guess that this is less of a problem on the Glock 17 or any full-size Glock.

4. These sights are nigh impossible to install without the rear sight tool. I attempted an install with a punch and a vise, and it was a no-go. I got them about 1/4 of the way, and that sucker was going nowhere. Rather than buy the tool for $100+, I had to visit a shop that had the tool to get them in.

5. Serrated rear sight is super-uncomfortable on your skin when carrying IWB, which is how I carry. A fair tradeoff, in my opinion.

eternal24k
06-30-11, 09:53
did you go Orange or Yellow?
I paint my sights orange, but am considering the yellow HDs

jmlshooter
06-30-11, 09:54
Yellow. Not because I prefer it to orange, but because it's what Brownell's had in stock, and I'm impatient. I like it.

Magic_Salad0892
06-30-11, 10:47
It's ****ing super bright. I like the yellow front, though I'm partial to 10-8s right now.

cgcorrea
06-30-11, 11:10
I just ordered a set of these the other day for my G19. I went with the orange front though. I'm still waiting for them to arrive. If I like them, I'll most likely get a set for my M&P as well. I'm looking forward to trying these out.

jmlshooter
06-30-11, 11:13
It's ****ing super bright. I like the yellow front, though I'm partial to 10-8s right now.That's what I've got on my 17, all-black. Finding that front sight in low light is like trying to find a virgin in an all-girls Catholic school.

Magic_Salad0892
06-30-11, 11:45
That's what I've got on my 17, all-black. Finding that front sight in low light is like trying to find a virgin in an all-girls Catholic school.

I run the tritium front, so it's more like finding Billy Corgan at a 'Lil Wayne show.

cgcorrea
06-30-11, 11:49
I run the tritium front, so it's more like finding Billy Corgan at a 'Lil Wayne show.

Hahaha. Well played sir. That's sig line material right there.

Magic_Salad0892
06-30-11, 12:13
Hahaha. Well played sir. That's sig line material right there.

I got more games than Milton-Hasbro.

Your sig is already better. :)

gundawg
06-30-11, 13:14
Those caught my attention as well, and then found Ameriglo ProGlo had the front sight only , which is what i ordered to give it a try.

MSteele
06-30-11, 22:02
I bought mine at R&M Precision and got the orange front, took them to the range and what a difference. They work great IMHO the orange site makes a huge difference especially with the U notch. Also love the serrated operator rear site.

BufordTJustice
07-01-11, 04:09
I also just installed the HD-oranges on my gen4 G26. Fastest handgun sights I have ever owned.

I also dig the enlarged u-shaped cut-out on the blacked-out rear sight. It makes it easier for me to find the front sight when your hand isn't steady (i.e. on the move).

I dig 'em so far and I ordered 'em from brownells too. :D

Hizzie
07-01-11, 11:08
Pics?

eternal24k
11-09-11, 17:04
anybody have issues with front sight brightness? I just got a set that almost appears to have no vial in the dark. Doesnt look like it is obstructed, but absolutely cannot pick up the front in the dark..

nobody knows
11-09-11, 21:01
anybody have issues with front sight brightness? I just got a set that almost appears to have no vial in the dark. Doesnt look like it is obstructed, but absolutely cannot pick up the front in the dark..

I have had mine for about eight months now and have had absolutely no problem with the brightness. The vials are small(witch I really like) but as fare as brightness there has been absolutely no problem with brightness. You may have gotten a bad vial(witch has been a problem with trijicon lately from what I have herd,but I have no personal experiencewith this) you may want to contact trijicon or the company you bought them from,and see if they can help you out. Good luck hopefully you can get this fixed.

skyugo
11-10-11, 01:34
my only issue with trijis is the white rings collect crud. I ended up blacking out the rears, but i sure wish the front looked as good as when it was new. I suppose i could fill it in with white paint periodically.

anybody making a front sight that doesnt' collect crud when you've got the gun with you 12 hours a day?

eternal24k
11-10-11, 08:44
my only issue with trijis is the white rings collect crud. I ended up blacking out the rears, but i sure wish the front looked as good as when it was new. I suppose i could fill it in with white paint periodically.

anybody making a front sight that doesnt' collect crud when you've got the gun with you 12 hours a day?

The HD appears to have a clear cover on the front sight, it would probably be the closest you are looking for.

I am hopefully going to swap mine out for another one today.

xcibes
11-10-11, 13:58
I have been wanting these sights for a while now but what I am not sure is what color. Is there an advantage in using one over the other?

nobody knows
11-10-11, 15:05

I have not had a problem with The trijicon HD's in that regard,and I carry a pistole for 12 hours a day or more for the last eight months or so with these sights. There has been no build up of any kind. Even on days of high round count shooting.

nobody knows
11-10-11, 15:14
I have been wanting these sights for a while now but what I am not sure is what color. Is there an advantage in using one over the other?

I think the color preference is more personal then scientific. I have the orange front on my glock 19. And will be getting a set of the yellow for my 26. I have used the yellow already on a friends g19,and I don't see a difference in the two in terms of ability to quickly pick up ether the orange or yellow.

jmlshooter
11-11-11, 09:20
I now have an orange set on my 17 and a yellow set on my 26.

I can't really tell which one I like more yet, but I'm leaning toward yellow. My eyes seem to find it a little faster, but I'm sure it varies by environment.

skyugo
11-11-11, 18:33
The HD appears to have a clear cover on the front sight, it would probably be the closest you are looking for.

I have not had a problem with The trijicon HD's in that regard,and I carry a pistole for 12 hours a day or more for the last eight months or so with these sights. There has been no build up of any kind. Even on days of high round count shooting.

cool... do they sell just the front post? I may have to pick one up.

JHC
11-11-11, 19:14

How did the swap out turn out?

nobody knows
11-12-11, 20:06
cool... do they sell just the front post? I may have to pick one up.

Last I checked they still didn't sell just the front sight yet. But you may want to check out the trijicon website.