PDA

View Full Version : Final proof that TOS is full of tards.

QuietShootr
06-30-11, 10:00
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1201345&page=1

Lock it if you have to, but damn...this was too good not to share.

The Cat
06-30-11, 10:09
You dont have a pet mouse, do you, Lenny?

:lol::lol::lol:

First off, that was a dumbass mistake. Second, Why the HELL would anybody tell stuff like that on themselves? And post pics of it?!?

montanadave
06-30-11, 10:13
OK, I'll admit that wasn't the brightest move.

But, in all fairness, who among us doesn't have a scar or two commemorating our own "WTF was I thinking?" moments?

I know I do. Fortunately none of them involved firearms. Ten years of home remodeling? Now that's a different story.

Gutshot John
06-30-11, 10:14
There should be a firearms equivalent of the Darwin Awards. :suicide:

Of course no one actually died as a result so the genes will keep propagating but goddamn he's not just a tool but a veritable chain of hardware stores.

NoBody
06-30-11, 10:22
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1201345&page=1

Lock it if you have to, but damn...this was too good not to share.

Why do you even visit there? :confused:

QuietShootr
06-30-11, 10:29
Why do you even visit there? :confused:

Somebody emailed that link to me, and after that it was like watching a busload of nuns go over a cliff. Wrong, but you can't not watch.

sadmin
06-30-11, 10:52

But, in all fairness, who among us doesn't have a scar or two commemorating our own "WTF was I thinking?" moments?

I know I do. Fortunately none of them involved firearms. Ten years of home remodeling? Now that's a different story.

Yea, I read it and was about to post something alluding to that guys idiocy; then my hand began to tingle where I shoved a knife clear through it trying to pry frozen turkey patties apart while palming them... I will quietly sit this one out.

d90king
06-30-11, 10:58
My response "Were you high when this occurred?"

I still cant see how this is even possible... Gives window licker a new meaning...

GermanSynergy
06-30-11, 11:29
I smashed up my hand pretty bad while trying to lube an AR once. :moil:

J/K

C4IGrant
06-30-11, 11:33
Not everyone should be allowed to:

1. Own firearms.
2. Have Children.

C4

orionz06
06-30-11, 11:38
Show that boy brake cleaner and a Glock.

ETA: I wonder how he checks to see if the gun is loaded?

Doc Safari
06-30-11, 11:39
People just don't take time to think.

I remember reading what I call a "worry thread" about what the person thought was excess wear to the upper receiver where the charging handle goes.

I don't know how many replies he got suggesting the gas key was rubbing.

Wait for it....

Then somebody finally reminded everyone that the gas key does not come in contact with the upper receiver.

BCmJUnKie
06-30-11, 11:44

First off, that was a dumbass mistake. Second, Why the HELL would anybody tell stuff like that on themselves? And post pics of it?!?

Actually you would be surprised...a friend of mine shot HIMSELF in the hand....and put the aftermath on youtube, not to mention another video of "guns are dangerous. I have never been shooting with him. People that have AD/ND'S are scary to be around

MarshallDodge
06-30-11, 11:46

I know I do.

Magic_Salad0892
06-30-11, 11:58
My favorite part was the demotavational poster.

Too bad the Brady Bunch will probably throw this in an add campaign.

The_War_Wagon
06-30-11, 12:10
Hmmm... now he can only count to "potato" on ONE hand. :rolleyes:

bubba04
06-30-11, 12:18
How the hell you do that?

At lease someone over there has some since and made this.....

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/Eyesofsilver/motivator86c4a43be4fb554f6764e879ae1003a4741b4a39.jpg

Magic_Salad0892
06-30-11, 13:35
How the hell you do that?

At lease someone over there has some since and made this.....

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/Eyesofsilver/motivator86c4a43be4fb554f6764e879ae1003a4741b4a39.jpg

That's the one! :D

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-30-11, 13:43
Can we make this a a general 'dumb-ass' thread and not a TOSser thread so that it doesn't get locked?

Lots of steps here. Self-mutilation, documentation, ER visit and then posting it. The posting it is the real stretch for me, why would you do that?

Is that the MSH pin?

That 1911 popped his cherry.

In a shooting line full of "That Guy"s, this guy is those guy's "That Guy".

BrianS
06-30-11, 17:26
How do you hammer a MSH pin into your own freaking hand?

montanadave
06-30-11, 17:54

Well, based on the thread linked in the OP, you take a 1911 and...

"Tore it down to the frame and was using a punch to remove the pins. The second pin didn't budge so I cupped the frame in my left hand and pressed down with the punch with my right. It didn't budge so I really gave it a some pressure. POP. OUCH! that hurt like a SOB! I looked down and had a little round hole in the palm of my hand." :sarcastic:

titsonritz
06-30-11, 18:11
What a stooge. Some people should just stick with rubber band guns, that way the worse they can do is pop themselves in the eye. :suicide2:

El Pistolero
06-30-11, 18:31
What a moron. I only go to TOS for the EE and the guy I'm currently trying to buy something from isn't even answering my PMs so I may just quit ARFCOM all together.

Smuckatelli
06-30-11, 18:41
From the injured guy:

I got my first 1911 after more than a dozen years of owning only glocks. Took it out to the range and it was flawless. Decided to detail strip and clean it today. My first time but how hard can it be right?

It's new, took it to the range and it was flawless so he decides to detail strip the pistol...:confused:

LowSpeed_HighDrag
06-30-11, 19:39
This whole forum rivalry makes you all look like squabbling school girls. Seriously, its the internet.

f.2
06-30-11, 20:33
we have a great hometown forum with up to date, useful 2a and local info.

variablebinary
06-30-11, 21:39
This gave me a chuckle

Heavy Metal
06-30-11, 21:47
If you think you need to detail-strip a 1911 to clean it, you need beaten severly with a clue bat, be forced to write: "Detail-Strip is not the same as Field-Strip" 1911 times and have your 1911 removed from your custody by court order for Browning abuse.

Heavy Metal
06-30-11, 21:48
From the injured guy:

I got my first 1911 after more than a dozen years of owning only glocks. Took it out to the range and it was flawless. Decided to detail strip and clean it today. My first time but how hard can it be right?

It's new, took it to the range and it was flawless so he decides to detail strip the pistol...:confused:

Lead Paint Chips: "It's whats for dinner!"

13MPG
06-30-11, 22:49

TOS just brings that out in people...

1. Own firearms.
2. Have Children.

C4

3. Post

Honu
06-30-11, 23:42
always wondered when you used to see those shop class films with people doing the stupidest things what kind of people they were :)

mike_556
07-01-11, 00:00
Wow.......just....wow

guess he's lucky he didn't :suicide2:

warpigM-4
07-01-11, 00:08
I would of pulled that sucker out myself and destroyed all evidence :lol: no way would i post that

Thomas M-4
07-01-11, 01:20
I would of pulled that sucker out myself and destroyed all evidence :lol: no way would i post that

No shit ! :sarcastic: If there is no broken bones and infected puss oozing out I ant going to the damn doc if I can help it. That pin was probably more clean than a rusted nail ,dug a few of them out over the yrs.

QuietShootr
07-01-11, 06:32
No shit ! :sarcastic: If there is no broken bones and infected puss oozing out I ant going to the damn doc if I can help it. That pin was probably more clean than a rusted nail ,dug a few of them out over the yrs.

I don't know, dude. A guy who's dim enough to drive a MSH pin into himself probably wipes his ass with his hand.

Beat Trash
07-01-11, 12:57

1. Own firearms.
2. Have Children.

C4
3. Have internet access.
4. Drive cars.
5. Have Oxygen.

Magic_Salad0892
07-01-11, 13:01
I don't know, dude. A guy who's dim enough to drive a MSH pin into himself probably wipes his ass with his hand.

:lol::suicide2:

skyugo
07-03-11, 01:05

the thing isn't even sharp :eek:

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-03-11, 01:31
With that groove and the mechanism to keep the pin in place, I can understand how a new, tight gun might give a MSH pin that is a bit tough to get going and then move fast once it gets moving. He must have been pounding it to get it to move and then POP!

Thomas M-4
07-03-11, 04:05

Could be :lol:

I don't know ****ed up shit happens, I know I have had a few cave man episodes my self. Biggest dim seems to be to me is him posting it for the world to see:confused:

Suwannee Tim
07-03-11, 05:57
I once did something that stupid, shot myself in the finger with a BB gun. It jammed so I unscrewed the magazine / barrel assembly with my finger over the muzzle. Boing! Eouch! But I was ten years old which I consider a pretty good excuse.

msstate56
07-04-11, 04:26
Lets face it, we've all had WTF moments, usually involving fixing something ourselves. It may or may not have involved an ER trip. The BIG difference is most of us have enough sense not to post the stupid mistakes for the world to see. Honestly, why would someone post a "Look how stupid I am, and how bad I injured myself" incident? Chronic lack of oxygen to the brain?

Scoby
07-04-11, 08:17
I bet he won't do that shit again. Live, and learn what blocking can do for you.

jonconsiglio
07-04-11, 09:56
With that groove and the mechanism to keep the pin in place, I can understand how a new, tight gun might give a MSH pin that is a bit tough to get going and then move fast once it gets moving. He must have been pounding it to get it to move and then POP!

On top of that, he stated the hammer was cocked which obviously puts a lot more pressure on the pin causing it to jet right into whatever is behind it.

Not defending anyone here, but I know when I am trying t get something to work and I get frustrated, common sense slowly drifts away....

DaBears_85
07-04-11, 10:43
Of course no one actually died as a result so the genes will keep propagating...

Well, give it time. Nature has a way of 'balancing' itself out. :D

J

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-04-11, 10:49
On top of that, he stated the hammer was cocked which obviously puts a lot more pressure on the pin causing it to jet right into whatever is behind it.

Not defending anyone here, but I know when I am trying t get something to work and I get frustrated, common sense slowly drifts away....

Good point on the trigger. God knows I am getting better at it, but the cave man in me still comes out from time to time and he could screw up an iron ball.

tgace
07-04-11, 10:54
I can't wrap my brain around how that happened if he really just used a punch and hand pressure.

MAUSER202
07-04-11, 15:13
At least it was not one of those ER room stories like " honestly Doctor I slipped and fell and that's how it got up my ass":lol:

BCmJUnKie
07-05-11, 00:21
Well, give it time. Nature has a way of 'balancing' itself out. :D

J

Not sure I agree with that. The idiots are more abundant than ever :suicide2:

montanadave
07-05-11, 09:07

True enough. Seems like anything with a brain stem can summon the motive capacity to stuff something in their gullet to provide enough energy to ****.

And, unfortunately, those are virtually the only prerequisites to propagating.

Jim D
07-05-11, 15:54
I think the majority of bone-headed firearms moves I've seen have been with guys owning 1911's. Lowering hammers on loaded chambers, shooting yourself through your SERPA, carrying at half-cock, now this.

I don't know why, but they seem to be attracted to 'em...like moths to the flame.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-05-11, 16:29

A least he'll have a good run at political office.

wake.joe
07-05-11, 17:50
Based on this thread, you would expect that no one here has ever done something stupid.

Liars. :D

Trajan
07-05-11, 20:33
Everyone makes mistakes, the best you can do is learn from them.

QuietShootr
07-05-11, 20:56
Based on this thread, you would expect that no one here has ever done something stupid.

I've done some fairly stupid shit on occasion, but I normally just look around to see if anyone saw it, then I fix it before anyone notices it...instead of saying, "HEY WORLD!!?!?! GUESS WHAT??!? I'M A DUMBASS!! NO, REALLY! HERE'S PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF!!!"

Suwannee Tim
07-06-11, 17:18

The subject of this thread is more the publicity the victim gave the act as the act itself. Possibly he thinks he is saving someone else from a similar fate but human ingenuity for doing stupid things cannot be overcome by a knowledge of every possible stupid thing. In order to know every possible combination of things that can hurt you you would have to read of of folks hurting themselves 24/7 and still you would fall behind because people would learn new ways to hurt themselves faster than you can read. Sitting there reading about stupid stuff, you would no doubt be pretty safe but eventually you have to to go to the bathroom, eat, sleep and such. You would probably be so dazed from reading stupid stuff that your risk of hurting yourself would be greatly increased.

This reminds me of a co-worker who admitted to having sex with another man. He said that he didn't like it. I'll bet. Everyone that heard the remark had the same thought: "I would never have told such a thing on myself." Same with this guy.

panzerr
07-06-11, 20:05
This whole forum rivalry makes you all look like squabbling school girls. Seriously, its the internet.

Agreed.

Threads like this are bad form.

montanadave
07-06-11, 20:40
This reminds me of a co-worker who admitted to having sex with another man. He said that he didn't like it. I'll bet. Everyone that heard the remark had the same thought: "I would never have told such a thing on myself." Same with this guy.

Geez, ya suck one c*ck and everbody's gotta make some big deal out of it. :lol:

Suwannee Tim
07-07-11, 20:11
Which provides me with a segue to a funny thing that happened to me a couple years ago. I was on a job and an old man approached me. He said "It is no secret. I will admit it. I do like to suck a cock every now and then." "Really?" says I. "Really." says him. I walked over to my boss and said "Hey Mike, that old guy over there wants to talk to you.":D

Magic_Salad0892
07-08-11, 04:16

Eh. I did that once. Wasn't bad. Not my thing though. I prefer girls.

So what?

Not a good thing to admit at work though.